Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

The Schlereth Tapes Surfaces.....

NewColtsFan

Here's Mark Schlereth's tape where he predicts the Colts will have a good season,  but not a playoff caliber season.

http://espn.go.com/blog/afcsouth/post/_/id/50864/video-schlereth-on-afc-playoff-field

Also,  today, he was on SportsCenter and the topic was which of the Big 3 Rookie QB's will have a Sophomore slump...   RG3/Wilson/Luck...

He said Luck because he'll miss Arians and because Schlereth doesn't believe in our offensive line. 

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hey we have been getting this type of thing for years even when we had Peyton for the last couple of years, every year the "Experts" would say we werent making the playoffs blah blah blah. 

In truth many fans can predict the outcome of the season as well as the experts at this point.

I think we could actually win the division this year, I dont believe the Texans are as good as the hype.

GO COLTS

Technically, his statements are true.  The loss of Arians will hurt and our offensive line is shaky.  However, he is ignoring important facts.  We lost Arians, but we brought in Pep and Hasselbeck.  Our O-line is shaky, but we brought in a lot of guys to compete for starting jobs

Mark Schlereth ..  or however you spell it..  Colts overachieved...    He did not even know the Ravens roster moves.    And booted BALT.    

This guy is a *.    I guess he failed to look at what Indy did in the off season too.    Thinks D's played "vanilla" against Luck all year?  OMFG...    

Maybe early but not late.        Oh well ...  national talking heads are what they are....       A dime a dozen.

but I guess if I got to work around all those fantastically beautiful women I might not study hard either.

Bottom line...     Stink is way off base.

I totally disagree with this. 

LAST season the OL was "shaky" and yet Arians continued to force the ball down field.    He did Luck NO FAVORS.    

Luck got that man his HC gig.      I am THRILLED that man is NOT INDY's  OC this season.      The moves the team has made to protect it's QB should speak volumes.  

Great year last season but Arians almost got our QB killed.     literally.

Technically, his statements are true.  The loss of Arians will hurt and our offensive line is shaky.  However, he is ignoring important facts.  We lost Arians, but we brought in Pep and Hasselbeck.  Our O-line is shaky, but we brought in a lot of guys to compete for starting jobs

Nothing more than guessing.     The Steelers are and have been on the decline for a couple of years.  

Cowher left Tomlin a Loaded team and Tomlin has run it into the ground.         

Pitt has NOTHING...  no talent and NO Identity.

Not sure how he can take out the Ravens and put in the Steelers

Most of the time these so called experts just make picks to keep fans talking and interested in football in the off season. It wouldn't make for good viewership if all of them agreed. The point counter point does draw debate and attitudes from all of the fans. If my memory serves me correct none of these 'experts' had the Colts in the playoffs last season. Most of them said we would be in line for the #1 pick again this year. History tells us that most every year there are at least 5 teams that don't make the playoffs that made them before while 5 make it that are said not good enough. 

Nothing more than guessing. The Steelers are and have been on the decline for a couple of years.

Pitt has NOTHING... no talent and NO Identity.

Which is why I have the Bengals winning that division this year

Most of the time these so called experts just make picks to keep fans talking and interested in football in the off season. It wouldn't make for good viewership if all of them agreed. The point counter point does draw debate and attitudes from all of the fans. If my memory serves me correct none of these 'experts' had the Colts in the playoffs last season. Most of them said we would be in line for the #1 pick again this year. History tells us that most every year there are at least 5 teams that don't make the playoffs that made them before while 5 make it that are said not good enough.

Prime Example: Skip Bayless

He says the wildest things cause he knows he'll get a reaction fron it. While we're yelling at the tv screen about how dumb he is, he's sitting there eating it up

Nothing more than guessing.     The Steelers are and have been on the decline for a couple of years.  

Pitt has NOTHING...  no talent and NO Identity.

Is that why the Steelers ended up with the #1 rated defense last season? 

Is that why the Steelers ended up with the #1 rated defense last season?

#1 Defense + 8-8 Record + No Postseason = Failure Season

Stats mean nothing if you're not playing in January. Well actually they still mean nothing in January cause as they say, the playoffs are basically a whole new season

Which is why I have the Bengals winning that division this year

I'm still not a believer in the Bengals. Not sure their head coach is up to the task and I'm not sold on Andy Dalton. Ravens may walk away with that division.

I'm still not a believer in the Bengals. Not sure their head coach is up to the task and I'm not sold on Andy Dalton. Ravens may walk away with that division.

That defense was dominant last year, offense eventually cost them vs the Texans (again).

If their offense scores, the Texans are out 1st round that easily. Which is another reason why I don't believe the Texan hype. See the first time I cut the some slack cause Yates was the QB. But they were healthy on offense this time around and still barely walked away with a W

That defense was dominant last year, offense eventually cost them vs the Texans (again).

If their offense scores, the Texans are out 1st round that easily. Which is another reason why I don't believe the Texan hype. See the first time I cut the some slack cause Yates was the QB. But they were healthy on offense this time around and still barely walked away with a W

Andy Dalton remembering AJ Green was on the team would have helped

Schlereth is a storyteller type. He likes to talk and take his time building up his story. It makes for good television but you can tell he is like Golic and most of the others. Instead of watching tape and going to camps, he focuses on his face time more than his knowledge. IMO anyways. At least Jaws has a basis for what he believes. And don't even mention Herm Edwrards because I am allergic to him.

I just hate the "experts" who claim Bruce Arians' departure will be the downfall for the next decade

Understand this people; Arians' did NOTHING but keep the team together and motivated with Chuck's situation popping up the way it did

At the end of the day ANDREW LUCK made Bruce Arains' the Coach of the Year and now a HC. A coach does NOTHING but motivate and call plays, that's it. At the end of the day, the PLAYERS have to play, not the Coach. Bruce Arians didn't make those comeback Wins, ANDREW LUCK did. Was Bruce Arians' out there making throws with LB's and Dlineman hanging on his arm and feet?! NO, HE WASN'T. It was ANDREW LUCK. Tired of people hyping Arians' like he's some type of God or something, It's sickening.

That is all, thank you :rantoff:

I just hate the "experts" who claim Bruce Arians' departure will be the downfall for the next decade

Understand this people; Arians' did NOTHING but keep the team together and motivated with Chuck's situation popping up the way it did

At the end of the day ANDREW LUCK made Bruce Arains' the Coach of the Year and now a HC. A coach does NOTHING but motivate and call plays, that's it. At the end of the day, the PLAYERS have to play, not the Coach. Bruce Arians didn't make those comeback Wins, ANDREW LUCK did. Was Bruce Arians' out there making throws with LB's and Dlineman hanging on his arm and feet?! NO, HE WASN'T. It was ANDREW LUCK. Tired of people hyping Arians' like he's some type of God or something, It's sickening.

That is all, thank you :rantoff:

Sometimes that motivation goes a long way, i.e. Harbaugh, Carroll, Fisher

Sometimes that motivation goes a long way, i.e. Harbaugh, Carroll, Fisher

And where did that motivation get those coaches?

Fisher: No Playoffs

Carroll: Exit from Playoffs

Harbaugh #1: SB Loss

Harbaugh #2: SB Win because his PLAYERS made the plays necessary to WIN.

Like I said, it comes down to the players at the end of it all. Motivation only goes but so far. You ever listen to Rex Ryan's pregame speeches? Some of them are pretty good, but if you watched a Jets game you'd think they got right outta bed and went to the field

And where did that motivation get those coaches?

Fisher: No Playoffs

Carroll: Exit from Playoffs

Harbaugh #1: SB Loss

Harbaugh #2: SB Win because his PLAYERS made the plays necessary to WIN.

Like I said, it comes down to the players at the end of it all. Motivation only goes but so far. You ever listen to Rex Ryan's pregame speeches? Some of them are pretty good, but if you watched a Jets game you'd think they got right outta bed and went to the field

You're looking at one season. Seattle before Carroll: No playoffs since 2007, with one season being 4-12, the next 5-11. Enter Carroll. Playoffs two out of three seasons and now a perceived favorite in the NFC to make the Super Bowl. 9ers with Harbaugh: First year as head coach, first playoff appearance for the team in 9 years. Perception of the team? Yep, you got it, NFC favorites to make the SB...again....Fisher? Took a team from 2-11 to 7-8-1, a tie with the aforementioned 49ers and significant improvement. A team not believed to be NFC favorites but still, a much better team on paper and perceived to not be the whipping boy like they were at first. You are underestimating motivation and good coaching. I'm not saying the coaches deserve all the credit, but they do deserve a lot of it. Where would players be right now if they hadn't had coaches Pop Warner to college?

You're looking at one season. Seattle before Carroll: No playoffs since 2007, with one season being 4-12, the next 5-11. Enter Carroll. Playoffs two out of three seasons and now a perceived favorite in the NFC to make the Super Bowl. 9ers with Harbaugh: First year as head coach, first playoff appearance for the team in 9 years. Perception of the team? Yep, you got it, NFC favorites to make the SB...again....Fisher? Took a team from 2-11 to 7-8-1, a tie with the aforementioned 49ers and significant improvement. A team not believed to be NFC favorites but still, a much better team on paper and perceived to not be the whipping boy like they were at first. You are underestimating motivation and good coaching. I'm not saying the coaches deserve all the credit, but they do deserve a lot of it. Where would players be right now if they hadn't had coaches Pop Warner to college?

I'm not taking anything away from the coaches. I'm saying a coach can talk and talk until he's blue in the face, but it comes down to the players when it's all said and done

That's all I'm saying

I'm not taking anything away from the coaches. I'm saying a coach can talk and talk until he's blue in the face, but it comes down to the players when it's all said and done

That's all I'm saying

True...but having a coach that knows what to say to give those players that extra bit of confidence, that willingness to dive for the fumble when you know there are 4 350 lbers behind you, that extra hard run you make where three different defenders can't bring you down...well that's what being a good coach is about. Of course it helps when you know your coach has been there done that before.

I totally disagree with this. 

LAST season the OL was "shaky" and yet Arians continued to force the ball down field.    He did Luck NO FAVORS.    

Luck got that man his HC gig.      I am THRILLED that man is NOT INDY's  OC this season.      The moves the team has made to protect it's QB should speak volumes.  

Great year last season but Arians almost got our QB killed.     literally.

The reason I liked 21isSuperman's post is that our line has new pieces, but those pieces, are as of yet, unproven hence "shaky" or an unproven commodity right now in terms of cohesion & gap control assignments when games really matter. I do agree with John Dee on another post about the Steelers though. Mark Shelerth has idolized Pittsburg since he was a small kid. He's not exactly fair & balanced when it comes to the Black & Gold 3 Rivers team. The Colts will win the 2nd round of the Playoffs this year. Put that in your pipe & smoke it Mark!