Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Which Overall Pick Will the Colts get this Year?

Andy

I think the Colts win 5-6 games, which last year would have gotten you anywhere from the 5th to the 13th pick.

Impossible to predict where they will pick without predicting where everyone else in the league picks. If I had to guess I would split the difference and say #9 ("number nine, number nine, number nine, number nine". Seems appropriate since this entire season is about as surreal as a John Lennon fantasy.)

I'm thinking anywhere between 3-13 and 5-11 all depending on how well Painter plays as well as if any effective changes can be made to improve the secondary. So that said I'm thinking probably picking somewhere between 4-8. :)

32nd. I think we will win the remainder of our games and the superbowl.

Painter will be injured in the game tomorrow night and McAfee will QB the team and take us all the way.

I like your thinking - other than the part about Painter being injured.

You realize, I assume, that this will require the return to the game of the "drop kick" field goal, with McAfee letting it fly on any down - on the run. We just have to get to our own 40 yard line.

We'll average exactly 33 points per game.

We should know for sure after the next three weeks. We have three winable games in TB, Cincy, and KC. I think we will split with the Jags since if we don't have Peyton all season. I think we win 2-3 games without Peyton, which could put us anywhere from #1-4 pick in my book. If we lose the next three games though, I think it's #1 for sure.

We'll know for sure after these next 3 games. Tampa, then home for KC, then @ Cincy. These 3 should tell us what we can expect going forward. Honestly, seeing Blaine Gabbert and Hasselbeck run the Jags and Titans lately, we'll be lucky to pull 1 game out of those 4. The only other reasonably "winnable" game is at home against the Panthers, but Cam has looked like a #1 pick and is getting better every week.

Altogether, a 3-13 season would be practically miraculous, and that should give us #3 at worst, but could easily net #1. The Dolphins, Vikings, Rams, Panthers, and Chiefs look to be our competition for that #1 pick, as I assume the currently 1-3 Eagles will get something figured out and muster at least a .500 season. The Colts have (easily) the hardest schedule of any of those teams, so I'd expect the worst results.

I like your thinking - other than the part about Painter being injured.

You realize, I assume, that this will require the return to the game of the "drop kick" field goal, with McAfee letting it fly on any down - on the run. We just have to get to our own 40 yard line.

We'll average exactly 33 points per game.

Ok. Painter will leave the team to appear on american idol and mcafee will lead us to a superbowl victory.

Let's see: (these predictions are based on what I have seen from us and others so far. If Painters shows any improvement, we could do better. The most questionable W on my list is against the BYE. They play us tough every year and have really played in the free agent market and it may finally pay off for them.)

1. Houston - L

2. Cleveland - L

3. Pittsburgh - L

4. Tampa - L (probably)

5. Kansas City - W (I hope)

6. Cincinnati - W (I hope)

7. New Orleans - L

8. Tennessee - L

9. Atlanta - L

10. Jacksonville - W

11. BYE - W (I think we can finally beat these guys)

12. Carolina - L

13. New England - L

14. Baltimore - L

15. Tennessee - L

16. Houston - L

17. Jacksonville - W

Final record 4-12 which should give us the 3rd to 4th pick.

Let's see: (these predictions are based on what I have seen from us and others so far. If Painters shows any improvement, we could do better. The most questionable W on my list is against the BYE. They play us tough every year and have really played in the free agent market and it may finally pay off for them.)

1. Houston - L

2. Cleveland - L

3. Pittsburgh - L

4. Tampa - L (probably)

5. Kansas City - W (I hope)

6. Cincinnati - W (I hope)

7. New Orleans - L

8. Tennessee - L

9. Atlanta - L

10. Jacksonville - W

11. BYE - W (I think we can finally beat these guys)

12. Carolina - L

13. New England - L

14. Baltimore - L

15. Tennessee - L

16. Houston - L

17. Jacksonville - W

Final record 4-12 which should give us the 3rd to 4th pick.

I keep seeing everybody predicting a win against the Bengals and I just don't see it. Dalton is improving every week and their defense is pretty darn good. I can see a win against KC and Jax(maybe twice) and thats all I see right now.