Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Nice To See People Still Wearing Their Colts Stuff

18Manning

It's nice to see all the Colts caps, jackets, etc. given the current state of the team. A FAN should still wear his/her stuff. I'm sure there are a few that don't. We should all still show our appreciation for the last 10+ years. There are many fans of other teams that have not and will never experience what we have.

Frankly I don't wear clothing for any of my teams aside from perhaps a rare baseball cap. I kinda stopped wanting to when I hit my mid-20s for some reason (perhaps not-coincidentally around the time that I got married and moved away from home. Priorities change don't you know.)

But part of the reason with the Colts is that I live out of state. Wearing it in Indy just makes you part of a club (I have fond memories of taking the subway to Shea Stadium with all manner of Mets regalia. On game day all that gets you is a friendly greeting and a "thumbs up"). Wearing it in NJ it doesn't fly so well.

When I see someone walking in the mall wearing a Cowboys jersey I automatically just think ":bluepuke:" (can't tell you what I actually think :rolleyes:). I don't need that kind of attention - particularly as the recent success has brought fans out of the woodwork.

The point of all this is that the worse the team does, the more of an itch I get to start "showing my colors". I'm not sure if the impulse is just to be contrarian (wow - a real word that the site's spell checker is flagging anyway), or if there is a deeper explanation.

I could always be a coward and get a Brackett, Lefeged, or Foster - and just say "I'm a Rutgers fan". haha

Frankly I don't wear clothing for any of my teams aside from perhaps a rare baseball cap. I kinda stopped wanting to when I hit my mid-20s for some reason (perhaps not-coincidentally around the time that I got married and moved away from home. Priorities change don't you know.)

But part of the reason with the Colts is that I live out of state. Wearing it in Indy just makes you part of a club (I have fond memories of taking the subway to Shea Stadium with all manner of Mets regalia. On game day all that gets you is a friendly greeting and a "thumbs up"). Wearing it in NJ it doesn't fly so well.

When I see someone walking in the mall wearing a Cowboys jersey I automatically just think ":bluepuke:" (can't tell you what I actually think :rolleyes:). I don't need that kind of attention - particularly as the recent success has brought fans out of the woodwork.

The point of all this is that the worse the team does, the more of an itch I get to start "showing my colors". I'm not sure if the impulse is just to be contrarian (wow - a real word that the site's spell checker is flagging anyway), or if there is a more deeper explanation.

I could always be a coward and get a Brackett, Lefeged, or Foster - and just say "I'm a Rutgers fan". haha

I'm 45 and enjoy showing my colors particularly when out-of-town. I went to Atlanta last year and had quite a few people approach me and tell me how much they like the Colts. I have a Colts license plate. I stopped at a traffic light (in Atlanta) and the lady behind me actually got our of her car and came up to my window to tell me how much she loves the Colts.

heck man Im looking to buy a few jerseys this year...Get a Mathis, Angerer, and maybe a wayne Jersey

I need one as well, Sanders doesn't really work anymore. Then again it didn't work before, but atleast he was still on the roster. Last year one of my friends called him "band-aid" Bob and put a band-aid on the jersey.

When I was a little kid people in public would crack jokes, "Oh your parents don't love you, making you wear Colts stuff" or similar jabs. We always got flack when we took family vacations. Couple people wearing Colts stuff at Disney World in the 80's was apparently quite rare.

I rock mine every Friday and game day at least. I am a little sad though, I have three Colts jerseys, a Marvin home, Peyton road Super Bowl 41 and a Clark Super Bowl 44. When Clark was on the injury report I looked at them and went "oh no one's jersey I have might be playing." WHEN we go to a Super Bowl again I think I am getting an Addai jersey the dude has grown on me a lot since he came here. He is the walking defenation of lunch pail guy, he comes to work does everything the Colts ask of him and ends up doing a lot of cruddy jobs and never seeks attention for it or complains about it.

I've got Colts PJs that I'm wearing now, and two T-shirts, Colts earrings, and a Collie jersey. I wear the jersey/earrings on game day. I also have my huge Colts blanket that I curl up with every night when I'm watching TV.

Love my Colts, and have no shame wearing my Colts gear.

Oh, and so does my dog. He has a Colts bandana that he wears out on the town. :td:

I have a question.... I am wanting to get a jersey, and I am thinking about getting a defensive players jersey. I would like to get someone who is going to be on the team for a few more years at least. I was thinking Freeney, or Mathis... My question is... Is either of these two players getting ready for a contract soon? Which one is a safer bet that they will be with the Colts for the next few years? Angerer keeps playing well might look into him as well.

I have a question.... I am wanting to get a jersey, and I am thinking about getting a defensive players jersey. I would like to get someone who is going to be on the team for a few more years at least. I was thinking Freeney, or Mathis... My question is... Is either of these two players getting ready for a contract soon? Which one is a safer bet that they will be with the Colts for the next few years? Angerer keeps playing well might look into him as well.

I'm not sure of Freeney's status, but nothing has been said recently so I'm sure he's got multiple years left on his long term deal - but he's in his 30's.

Mathis's contract is about to expire. He actually wanted to re-negotiate in the offseason, and the Colts strongly stated that he would be taken care of - so one would assume that he will get a new contract - but he is also in his 30's.

If it was me I would more seriously consider Angerer and Nevis. They both appear to be stars in the making, and both are very young. I would find it more fun to be a little bit ahead of the curve (and risk being wrong) than to be #50,001 wearing a Freeney jersey. I'm actually thinking about this myself. (Of course I used to think about getting either Sanders or Brackett jersey's and never got around to it).;)

And I say this obviously as a huge fan of both DE's, but the two I mentioned look tremendous and their whole careers are in front of them.

I'm not sure of Freeney's status, but nothing has been said recently so I'm sure he's got multiple years left on his long term deal - but he's in his 30's.

Mathis's contract is about to expire. He actually wanted to re-negotiate in the offseason, and the Colts strongly stated that he would be taken care of - so one would assume that he will get a new contract - but he is also in his 30's.

If it was me I would more seriously consider Angerer and Nevis. They both appear to be stars in the making, and both are very young. I would find it more fun to be a little bit ahead of the curve (and risk being wrong) than to be #50,001 wearing a Freeney jersey. I'm actually thinking about this myself. (Of course I used to think about getting either Sanders or Brackett jersey's and never got around to it).;)

And I say this obviously as a huge fan of both DE's, but the two I mentioned look tremendous and their whole careers are in front of them.

So Freeney is going to be around for a while okay good.... Mathis pretty confident he will be taken care of... I as well almost got a Sanders jersey glad I held off.. Angerer is very tempting. Just afraid we won't keep him around, and I am in a stuck situation.

So Freeney is going to be around for a while okay good.... Mathis pretty confident he will be taken care of... I as well almost got a Sanders jersey glad I held off.. Angerer is very tempting. Just afraid we won't keep him around, and I am in a stuck situation.

The problem is that even if they don't keep Angerer as long as they did Brackett, he should still be here longer than Freeney. I'm hoping that (since he's obviously a freak of nature) that he just keeps going and going and going - but you can't count on it. He's getting old for a player whose game relies so much on speed.

I was wearing my Colts gear in 97 so why would this year be any different. On my last Iraq deployment my wife kept sending me Colts regalia like blankets, pillowcases, etc. My sleeping area looked like it belonged to a 12 year old. Most times I would wear my lucky jersey under my uniform and body armor out on patrol (yes I can be supersticious). When I got back home my wife had gotten me a Colts recliner, couch and rug for my man cave. Did I mention that I have an awsome wife.

I rock mine every Friday and game day at least. I am a little sad though, I have three Colts jerseys, a Marvin home, Peyton road Super Bowl 41 and a Clark Super Bowl 44. When Clark was on the injury report I looked at them and went "oh no one's jersey I have might be playing." WHEN we go to a Super Bowl again I think I am getting an Addai jersey the dude has grown on me a lot since he came here. He is the walking defenation of lunch pail guy, he comes to work does everything the Colts ask of him and ends up doing a lot of cruddy jobs and never seeks attention for it or complains about it.

I think my oldest daughter is the only person in Fairbanks, Alaska that owns an Addai jersey. Heck I think that after I transfered to Indiana my older kids are the only Colts fans in that State.

It's nice to see all the Colts caps, jackets, etc. given the current state of the team. A FAN should still wear his/her stuff. I'm sure there are a few that don't. We should all still show our appreciation for the last 10+ years. There are many fans of other teams that have not and will never experience what we have.

I was trying to sell some of my Colts stuff.........You would not believe how hard it is to get rid of a slightly used pair of Colts underwear with Jim Harbaughs number and name.........Have not wore them since Manning was drafted.....Anyone interested?????? :omg:

If I didn't continue to wear my Colt's stuff, my wardrobe would be pretty limited except for my IU stuff. Which, by the way, I still continue to wear even though it hasn't been much fun being an IU fan the past few years. :(

Wearing the apparel of a team for which I cheer, is not just about the present for me. It is about honoring the past and looking forward to the future.

i have 11 colts jerseys and like 4 jackets . my room is decked out to the maximum . you name it i probrably have it. everything from envelopes, blankets , memorabila to a cardboard stand of peyton manning from finish line. its ridiculous how much colts stuff i have. . still wearing it like we are undefeated every year. :)

I wear a different Colts jersey every week, and I'll always be a fan, and I have been through the good, the bad and the ugly. Fan 4 life

Yup. I have worn a different jersey every week too.

Week 1, PG85

2, Patty Mac

3, Bethea

4, today I'm wearing my Throwback collie (i can't wear it on monday to school)

I went downstairs this morning and my 6 year old son had his Freeney jersey on already and my 9 year old daughter had her Clark jersey on already. As soon as my feet hit the living room floor, both my little ones proclaimed that it was football day and asked why I didn't have my jersey on yet. My daughter still calls playing the game of horseshoes "playing Colts". I'm so proud.

I went downstairs this morning and my 6 year old son had his Freeney jersey on already and my 9 year old daughter had her Clark jersey on already. As soon as my feet hit the living room floor, both my little ones proclaimed that it was football day and asked why I didn't have my jersey on yet. My daughter still calls playing the game of horseshoes "playing Colts". I'm so proud.

Y'all do know we aren't playing until tomorrow night, right?

Wish I could've got my daughter to care about Colts football.

My former boss was an Eagles fan, and pretty conservative in his approach to most things. But Friday was apparently "dress down day" in his mind (it's not like we dressed up the rest of the week) and in football season this invariably meant a Brian Westbrook jersey. On those occasions where his two daughters dropped by the office on a Friday, they were dressed in identical fashion. I can't imagine that they knew the first thing about football, but they had been successfully indoctrinated early. Funny to watch (and nice as well - although my boss REALLY wanted a son I'm sure :P ).

I wear my Colts hoodie out on the campus here in Vincennes. I catch a lot of trash talk because of this season, but I just ignore it because of our history with Peyton. It feels so great that we have had the best decade in the NFL since 2000. I wear my Manning Super Bowl 44 road jersey on game day, which I will be wearing proudly tomorrow in class.