Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts sign cornerback Allen Chapman

http://blogs.colts.com/

INDIANAPOLIS COLTS MAKE ROSTER MOVES

Posted by coltsindianapolis on May 12, 2013 – 1:34 pm

The Indianapolis Colts today signed cornerback Allen Chapman and waived cornerback Nigel Malone.

Chapman, 5-11, 176 pounds, joins the Colts after spending the past three days as a tryout player in the team’s rookie mini-camp. He spent two seasons at Kansas State where he totaled 107 career tackles, six interceptions, two interception returns for touchdowns and 15 passes defensed. As a senior, Chapman logged career highs with 57 tackles, five interceptions and 10 passes defensed. Prior to joining the Wildcats, he competed at City College of San Francisco where he collected 39 tackles, 10 interceptions, two interception returns for touchdowns, two fumble recoveries and 1.0 sack. In 2010, Chapman was part of a City College team that finished with a 12-1 record with a win in the NorCal Championship game.

Malone, 5-10, 180 pounds, was originally signed by the Colts as an undrafted free agent on May 2, 2013.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Replacing bums with bums, big deal....

We are hungry fans. It's always a long offseason. We have to have something to talk about.

They might be bums to some, but to some of us, they are family while they are here. In the end, we can only keep 53 plus the practice squad.

Sometimes it is fun to watch the Arena League or CFL, and see the players who did not make it. I always root for them, because they have some roots in Indy.

You're right they probably won't amount to anything but you can still hope that the new guy is a "gem" like Freeman.

Yeah...He did manage to find a gem in Darius Butler, but these guys likely won't make the cut, but there is that small chance I guess...

We are hungry fans. It's always a long offseason. We have to have something to talk about.

They might be bums to some, but to some of us, they are family while they are here. In the end, we can only keep 53 plus the practice squad.

Sometimes it is fun to watch the Arena League or CFL, and see the players who did not make it. I always root for them, because they have some roots in Indy.

Thanks for your view. It is refreshing.

Replacing bums with bums, big deal....

So what criteria are you using to decide that a colt player is a bum? Was it the players ineffectivenss that the player displayed in the last game they played? How do you know that the new guy is a bum?

Your appreciation for those who give their all to even be part of this team shocks me. Is it possible in your view to realize that this could be a positive for everyone? Positive for a guy released that goes to a team that is the perfect fit and ends up starting because of injury....and positive for the guy coming in because he fits our depth....and positive for Grigson who unearths yet another player out of the masses? Why must things like this be degraded?

Yeah...He did manage to find a gem in Darius Butler, but these guys likely won't make the cut, but there is that small chance I guess...

I find it interesting that we are maximizing Butler's potential when New England could not. It is weird how Butler failed in New England and Carolina, but we instantly noticed his impact on the field here in Indy. Maybe it is scheme, and maybe it says a lot about our franchise's ability to build up a players confidence. It could be both. All I know is during the offseason, re-signing Butler was close to the top of "my want" list of moves for us to make.

So what criteria are you using to decide that a colt player is a bum? Was it the players ineffectivenss that the player displayed in the last game they played? How do you know that the new guy is a bum?

Your appreciation for those who give their all to even be part of this team shocks me. Is it possible in your view to realize that this could be a positive for everyone? Positive for a guy released that goes to a team that is the perfect fit and ends up starting because of injury....and positive for the guy coming in because he fits our depth....and positive for Grigson who unearths yet another player out of the masses? Why must things like this be degraded?

Oh lord...attack of the politically correct moderators once again...smh..The world ain't all sunshine and roses...It's a very mean and nasty place and it will knock you down and keep you there if you let it...Nothing hits harder than life...

I find it interesting that we are maximizing Butler's potential when New England could not. It is weird how Butler failed in New England and Carolina, but we instantly noticed his impact on the field here in Indy. Maybe it is scheme, and maybe it says a lot about our franchise's ability to build up a players confidence. It could be both. All I know is during the offseason, re-signing Butler was close to the top of "my want" list of moves for us to make.

Love his ball hawk skills and think the best is yet to come....Confidence and opportunity goes a long way.

Guess Pagano since he's the CB guy didn't see "it"in Malone. I don't mind these moves though cause we're still bringing Competition in. Maybe this will scare Vaughn and make him better or something. But this is gonna be an intense Training Camp. Competition is EVERYWHERE (Except QB haha )

I didn't think Freeman would make the 75, much less the 53.  And then he's a starter and good!  So I'm not counting anyone out.

I think we'll carry 5 or 6 CBs.  Davis, Toler, Butler and Vaughn should all make it.  Gordy should be next on the depth chart because of his excellent ST play.  Could still be a spot for one more!

Oh lord...attack of the politically correct moderators once again...smh..The world ain't all sunshine and roses...It's a very mean and nasty place and it will knock you down and keep you there if you let it...Nothing hits harder than life...

Attack? I read your calling of two Colt players bums, and I asked you for what criteria you were using to give them that label.

So if the world is not sunshine and roses....which I personally don't feel that it is.....than it's safer to just be negative about everything? Sorry that life seems to have hit you so hard. I do however, consistently back and defend my team. When I hear a fan being derogatory towards my team without a good basis, and calling a player a bum is derogatory, I defend that with my opinion just like your opinion. For what its worth, I have seen enough in 53 years to be quite aware of what life can deal to anyone.

Lastly, if you have an issue with a post from a moderator, send in a report rather than calling them out in the forum...that is procedure.

Attack? I read your calling of two Colt players bums, and I asked you for what criteria you were using to give them that label.

So if the world is not sunshine and roses....which I personally don't feel that it is.....than it's safer to just be negative about everything? Sorry that life seems to have hit you so hard. I do however, consistently back and defend my team. When I hear a fan being derogatory towards my team without a good basis, and calling a player a bum is derogatory, I defend that with my opinion just like your opinion. For what its worth, I have seen enough in 53 years to be quite aware of what life can deal to anyone.

Lastly, if you have an issue with a post from a moderator, send in a report rather than calling them out in the forum...that is procedure.

It's my team too, and I don't have to like everything they do...This is America and different opinions is what makes it great...Just cause I call a guy and bum player doesn't mean I'm not a Colts fan, odds r if he was that good he'd already be on a roster, but there are always exceptions..I deal in reality though.

They aren't COLTS  players yet, they are temporary employees...