Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Dear Mr. Addai, Heck Of A Job Last Night

Portage Coltfans

Addai's future  

49 members have voted

1. 1. What is Addai's future with the Colts?

• He will be with Manning until the End. (superbowl winners again)
    • we need to upgrade the RB position.
    • Bill Polian is a genius and Donald Brown will become the next Barry Sanders.
    • Who cares about the RB position, we just need a good OL and someone to pick up the biltz and Manning does the rest.

The blitz pickups of Addai were a thing of beauty last night, (except maybe once). He also ran like he did when he was in his 2nd year.

I obviously have always liked Addai's skill set, and we need to establish a good running game to take some pressure off Manning next year.

Hopefully, Carter can learn some blitz pick up skills from Addai. We all know Donald Brown should be working at Best Buy. Sure would've been nice to have a 1st round CB from 2009 instead of Brown. I hope we don't waste a high draft pick on a RB next year.

Personally, I really do not think the RB position is too important. A bad RB can run behind a good Offensive line, but a good RB can't run behind a bad offensive line. But when you compare Addai to brown, addai is just way smarter at knowing what his role is for each play. Especially, on blitz pick ups.

People in the 2009 draft that were draft around and after Donald Brown.

Hakeem Nicks - WR

Kenny Britt - WR

Patrick Chung - SS

Rey Maualuga - LB

Jairus Byrd - CB/FS

LeSean McCoy - RB

All would have helped us.

BTW Donald Brown was the second Running Back drafted that year. It not like we didn't get who we were targeting.

At the time I was saying please draft Nicks or Maualuga or McCoy. But trusted somehow that the Colts found the best running back for our system.

Hakeem Nicks - WR

Kenny Britt - WR

Patrick Chung - SS

Rey Maualuga - LB

Jairus Byrd - CB/FS

LeSean McCoy - RB

BTW Donald Brown was the second Running Back drafted that year. It not like we didn't get who we were targeting.

At the time I was saying please draft Nicks or Maualuga or McCoy. But trusted somehow that the Colts found the best running back for our system.

I wish I could go back and show my posts from after the 2009 draft. I was hoping for anything but a RB. I just hope they realize that we are bad now because we wasted picks on gonzo, brown, and hughes.

Why would the Colts draft a RB next year? Carter is proving to be a good #2 plus the Colts have Spann and Evans on the PS, both were iniitially thought good enough to make the 53 man roster.

Exactly Coffee. The runningback position is the easiest spot to fill, just use the draft picks to get good quality lineman to open up holes and get quality RB's in the UDFA market.

Why would the Colts draft a RB next year? Carter is proving to be a good #2 plus the Colts have Spann and Evans on the PS, both were iniitially thought good enough to make the 53 man roster.

Why did the colts draft a RB in the 1st round in 2009?

I'm saying I hope they do not draft a running back. I thought that was clear in the original post.

I agree, I think Carter is a solid backup and can definitely play the position. I think Brown is out of here next season.

Hakeem Nicks - WR

Kenny Britt - WR

Patrick Chung - SS

Rey Maualuga - LB

Jairus Byrd - CB/FS

LeSean McCoy - RB

You forgot James Laurinaitis .

Because Addai was coming off a year where he was injured and did not run the ball well when he was in the game. Hart suffered a torn MCL and torn ACL and didn't know if he would be able to suit up again. And they didn't have anyone else on the roster.

I personally was not a big fan of Brown coming out but I thought the Colts would draft a RB in the 1st two rounds. IN the draft contest on this site, I had the Colts drafting Ziggy Hood in the 1st and Shonn Greene in the 2nd. So drafting a RB in the first round was not a surprise.

I'm saying I hope they do not draft a running back. I thought that was clear in the original post.

The original post stated "a high draft pick on a RB". That is why I was asking why would they spend any pick on a RB, they already have 4 RBs on the roster they like, Addai, Carter, Evans, Spann

It is more about the future of the Colt's RB roster. I think Addai is a great RB, especially when Manning returns. I remember a lot of forum fans, hated addai in the past 2 seasons.

Brown got involved, because at one point in time (2009), polian thought addai wasn't the answer and drafted Brown. A decision that is still haunting the colts.

They drafted Brown because they thought he would be JA's replacement. The Colts did not want to spend money on a RB just like they didn't want to spend money on Edge. Of course DB has turned into a huge bust and just makes it depressing looking at the guys drafted after him. The fact that we could have grabbed McCoy is truly depressing because like JA he is perfect for our offense.

JA has always been a perfect fit for this offense. The hate on JA went way to far the past few years and he shows with a decent offensive line he can do a good job out there.

They drafted Brown because they thought he would be JA's replacement. The Colts did not want to spend money on a RB just like they didn't want to spend money on Edge. Of course DB has turned into a huge bust and just makes it depressing looking at the guys drafted after him. The fact that we could have grabbed McCoy is truly depressing because like JA he is perfect for our offense.

JA has always been a perfect fit for this offense. The hate on JA went way to far the past few years and he shows with a decent offensive line he can do a good job out there.

exactly, this is why DB was put into the conversation

Because Addai was coming off a year where he was injured and did not run the ball well when he was in the game. Hart suffered a torn MCL and torn ACL and didn't know if he would be able to suit up again. And they didn't have anyone else on the roster.

I personally was not a big fan of Brown coming out but I thought the Colts would draft a RB in the 1st two rounds. IN the draft contest on this site, I had the Colts drafting Ziggy Hood in the 1st and Shonn Greene in the 2nd. So drafting a RB in the first round was not a surprise.

The original post stated "a high draft pick on a RB". That is why I was asking why would they spend any pick on a RB, they already have 4 RBs on the roster they like, Addai, Carter, Evans, Spann

If a talent like Adrian Peterson was available for the Colts next year in round 1, I still wouldn't want to take him. Thats what I meant. I could see it being very tempting though.

If a talent like Adrian Peterson was available for the Colts next year in round 1, I still wouldn't want to take him. Thats what I meant. I could see it being very tempting though.

Why do you keep changing what you mean?

In addition, I am sure the Colts draft strategy will not change. They will take whom they think is the best player available for the Colts.

Unless I'm missing something (and it's possible), I'm not seeing Spann on any practice squad listing. I thought I read Evans was on, but I don't see him either.

On second glance, Evans is listed on the NFL.com transactions as going to the PS, but I don't see Spann.

EDIT: Evans appears on the roster again, but the Colts.com transaction page shows him as on the PS. Odd.

I was really impressed with the running game last night. I have always like Addai, and while everyone was doggin' on him while he was fighting through injuries, I stuck with him. He's a perfect fit for our offense, a tremendous blocker, and still a very good runner. He may look weird sometimes, but he's solid. And with the O-line getting better, Addai's numbers will too.

Unless I'm missing something (and it's possible), I'm not seeing Spann on any practice squad listing. I thought I read Evans was on, but I don't see him either.

On second glance, Evans is listed on the NFL.com transactions as going to the PS, but I don't see Spann.

EDIT: Evans appears on the roster again, but the Colts.com transaction page shows him as on the PS. Odd.

It's possible they dropped Spann from the PS at some point (Colts.com is horrible at keeping that updated this year). I just remember he was on the 53 man roster, then was released when the Colts signed the FB Gronkowski but was added to the PS according to some posts at the time. But I never tried to verify the information myself.

I hate polls of this nature. All the options force the poster to make presumptuous and specific opinionated choices, so I did not vote.

There is no way the Colts let Addai go. I have thought Addai has a unique skill set and running style that in other run oriented offenses, he would have multiple 1,000 YRD seasons already.

More than his awesome running style, his cerebral aspects in the blocking scheme make him an invaluable asset.

I was surprised at how well the Colts ran the ball against the Steelers last night. It seems like we had decent gains even when they stacked the box. the only problem is addai will have an extra work load this year with peyton being out. we will probably need another rb within the next two years, but no need to waste a high pick on one.

Well obviously I voted for the third option... Because why not? Nonsense like that can't just go un-ignored!

Addai was beastly last night. There was one block last night where Troy came blitzing in and Joe fended him off not once, but twice. Last night was the perfect game for those fools who say he sucks to watch to see just how valuable he really is to this offense. I'll trade a 1500 yard rusher who can't block to save his life for an 800 yard season and blocking like that when we need it any day.

Our QB's really need to utilize him as a checkdown more often. It seems like his receptions are down this season, and he's one of the best catchers out of the backfield in the league.

Hakeem Nicks - WR

Kenny Britt - WR

Patrick Chung - SS

Rey Maualuga - LB

Jairus Byrd - CB/FS

LeSean McCoy - RB

Reminiscing Jarius Byrd would've helped us SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO much more. SMH.