Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Calling it now....With the 24th pick Colts select Giovani Bernard..

Taking Bernard at 24 would be both a huge reach and a huge mistake.

Firstly I dont think I have seen him mocked in the first round any where (feel free to correct me if he has) and secondly I dont feel we need to address RB until the later rounds if not at all! We have much bigger needs at other positions and he will hardly be the BPA at 24

He has been connected to 3 or 4 teams in the 1st round and will be a 1st rounder for sure... Don't put so much into the mocks...He will be a Colt unless a guy named Cooper, Warmack,Mingo, or possibly Jarvis Jones fall which I doubt...Wildcard pick would be Margus Hunt and I haven't ruled that out.

He has been connected to 3 or 4 teams in the 1st round and will be a 1st rounder for sure... Don't put so much into the mocks...He will be a Colt unless a guy named Cooper, Warmack,Mingo, or possibly Jarvis Jones fall which I doubt...Wildcard pick would be Margus Hunt and I haven't ruled that out.

Those teams could be looking at him for their 2nd round pick.

Those teams could be looking at him for their 2nd round pick.

Couple are first round for sure....I've even heard him connected to the Cowboys as high as 18...You will see, it can't get here soon enough...Luckily I'll have the NBA Playoffs to keep my mind off all this speculation for awhile...

Whew, I am thankful to now know that you have not ruled out Margus Hunt. Have you contacted the Colts yet to inform them?

According to NFL.com he is a projected 2nd rounder(84.0 draft grade) but I get your point and agree

It depends on where you look. In other places I've seen him projected as a 3rd rounder. We can take NFL.com to be the official source. It's cool though, at least we both agree.

His draft grade is 13 points higher, he is the highest ranked RB, and has been linked to more than 1 team as a first round pick and Lacy is falling...I like Michael, he reminds me of Thomas Jones more than anything and Thomas Jones ain't no "baby'...I'd be happy with Michael for sure, but Bernard is MJD with better receiving skills so he is my pick if Cooper and Warmack are gone, but I also wouldn't be surprised if they go Margus Hunt in the first and that wouldn't make me sad either, the age doesn't bother me as much as some.

I know what you're thinking with the Bernard pick. He's exactly the same height as Ray Rice, and pretty muchwithin the same weight class give or take a few lbs. I see more Rice in Bernard than I do MJD. However I don't think Bernard is as equipped for the power game as Rice and MJD are. He's more of a shifty type guy.

Well I just got through doing a little more film study on Bernard and I can say I saw a little bit of power running he did versus Miami so I suppose I have to take some of that commentback a little bit. He can play, but I haven't totally warmed up to him yet. I have toget more familiar with him.

His draft grade is 13 points higher, he is the highest ranked RB, and has been linked to more than 1 team as a first round pick and Lacy is falling...I like Michael, he reminds me of Thomas Jones more than anything and Thomas Jones ain't no "baby'...I'd be happy with Michael for sure, but Bernard is MJD with better receiving skills so he is my pick if Cooper and Warmack are gone, but I also wouldn't be surprised if they go Margus Hunt in the first and that wouldn't make me sad either, the age doesn't bother me as much as some.

I like the little fella! He's got a toughness and swagger about him that I enjoy as I familiarized myself with him a bit more. He's stronger than you would think too. He'd do well withBallard and Brown. I am having little bit of a tough time removing my little man prejudice though.

Call me crazy for saying this but for me personally if Grigs drafts a RB in the 1st round I think that would be the beginning of him digging his own grave GM wise, it certainly wouldn't seal the deal of course but its a decision that most would look back on with contempt and anger and overall disbelief including myself, That has nothing to do with me overreacting or the rb class this year but simply put, we have MUCH bigger fish we need to fry first

Call me crazy for saying this but for me personally if Grigs drafts a RB in the 1st round I think that would be the beginning of him digging his own grave GM wise, it certainly wouldn't seal the deal of course but its a decision that most would look back on with contempt and anger and overall disbelief including myself, That has nothing to do with me overreacting or the rb class this year but simply put, we have MUCH bigger fish we need to fry first

No worries.....we will not be taking a RB in the first round....only way is trade-backs...only way.  Does anybody else think that Grigson and Pagano loved the "Air Ballard" moment last season?  Pags is all about giving 110%....and Ballard gives it!!

Good point,but Bad point,that was Polian,not Grigson and Pagano totally different mindset IMO

you are probably right this year about them not taking a rb at 24 this year (I would probably come unglued if Grigson did) but if there is one thing last years draft taught me.......Expect the unexpected........"With the 70th pick of the 2012 NFL draft the Jacksonville Jaguars select Punter Bryan Anger"............What!?  :excited: ...... :omg: ...... :funny: ....... :lol: ...... haha ...... :facepalm: ..... :bag: .......For that brief moment I felt so much better with SOME of the duds that Polian picked

you are probably right this year about them not taking a rb at 24 this year (I would probably come unglued if Grigson did) but if there is one thing last years draft taught me.......Expect the unexpected........"With the 70th of the 2012 NFL draft the Jacksonville Jaguars select Punter Bryan Anger"............What!?  :excited: ...... :omg: ...... :funny: ....... :lol: ...... haha ...... :facepalm: ..... :bag: .......For that brief moment I felt so much better with SOME of the duds that Polian picked

Now that's a great point :spit:  :funny:  Wow id forgotten

I like the little fella! He's got a toughness and swagger about him that I enjoy as I familiarized myself with him a bit more. He's stronger than you would think too. He'd do well withBallard and Brown. I am having little bit of a tough time removing my little man prejudice though.

Yeah....The height is why I didn't pay much attention to him at first either, and then I started watching him more and I just can help but to love what I see...His power is surprising and while he doesn't have breakaway speed his quickness and shiftiness is special...I almost think the height is an advantage it gives him leverage and he can he  hard to find and get a hold of..

Yeah....The height is why I didn't pay much attention to him at first either, and then I started watching him more and I just can help but to love what I see...His power is surprising and while he doesn't have breakaway speed his quickness and shiftiness is special...I almost think the height is an advantage it gives him leverage and he can he  hard to find and get a hold of..

What you just described is an ideal 3rd round pick.

What you just described is an ideal 3rd round pick.

Not at all...He will make big plays consistently out of the backfield and make are offense so much more dangerous than it otherwise would be...He will be a 1st round pick, if not by us somebody else...If you can't see or appreciate what he is capable of I don't know what to tell you...I would much rather reach on him and I don't think it's a reach, than reach on Warford because after Cooper and Warmack you can still find a good guard in the 3rd. Great receiver, special lateral quickness and feet in general and good power is not a 3rd round pick.

I won't go as far as to say Grigson will be digging his own grave,  because every GM has made mistakes.   All of them.   That's the nature of scouting and evaluating.....

But it would be a Red Flag to me that something went badly wrong in the decision making process.   Badly wrong.

No worries.....we will not be taking a RB in the first round....only way is trade-backs...only way.  Does anybody else think that Grigson and Pagano loved the "Air Ballard" moment last season?  Pags is all about giving 110%....and Ballard gives it!!

Honestly....   not speaking as a Colts fan but as a football fan...   the 'Air Ballard' moment is one of my favorite plays in roughly 45 years of being a football fan!

Simply spectacular!

Honestly....   not speaking as a Colts fan but as a football fan...   the 'Air Ballard' moment is one of my favorite plays in roughly 45 years of being a football fan!

Simply spectacular!

I call it heart, desire...and a whole lotta crazy!  :)  That TD and the last second Avery TD got this old LB juiced as well as any I can ever remember :)  

You do not want to teach the Air Ballard move....the airline may indeed crumble if it happens too many times.....as you would say to your kid..."Don't do this at home."   :thmup: