Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

The Answer And The Question

OJl

The Answer: Kerry Collins

The Question: Who is worse than Curtis Painter?

My God Kerry Collins is terrible! He showed NO LIFE at all. The offense showed no life under his watch. Collins holds the ball way too long. Throw in the fact that his release is slower than molasses and we might have the worse offense in the NFL. Painter could have been a hero if he had hit Garcon on his first pass. But all in all, Painter looked decent. The sack/fumble was not his fault. Costanzo whiffed badly. I'm just not sure if Painter looked good because Collins has been so terrible but to me, it's clear that Painter needs to be the starter while Collins turns into a really expensive backup option.

why does it seem that alot of Fans here like to ride Garrads jock strap...Drop it already, we arent going to sign another qb...I think we have our solid back-up/starter for the time being in painter. He showed some live and a few flaws. but these flaws are easy to over come with more reps.

Drop the Garrard crap and face the fact its either Collins or Painter(Hopefully its Paint) on the field!

Time to give Painter a shot. Unless we see a great improvement in practice this week from Collins, I would like to see Painter start. He played well. Let's keep in mind he got no reps, and only warmed up for 5 mins, and being a former high school, cegep, and university starting receiver, you need more than 5 mins to warm up. If he practices a lot this week, and warms up for an hour and a half, I think he'll end up doing better than Collins.

Start Painter and bring up Hartline or keep Kerry as a backup... Painter is great but Collins is worse. Painter has no experience, which isnt always a bad thing, especially in this case. If Collins and all his experience cant have a TD drive unless its the 4th quarter when it dont matter and Painter can in a close winnable game.

Painter is as good as collins, but in his favor he is younger and has potential. He can get better. He has almost no starting experience and still played as well or better IMO than Collins.

Collins is as good as he is going to be. He reached his potential when Painter was in high school.

We got Kerry for his experience, but all his experience has done for us is knowing that he wont get better. He is what he is. He has started us out win-less and with a stagnant passing game. I dont see how Painter can bring us down any more than where Kerry has us. And painter can actually develop and improve, Collins can just wear down and get rigamortis lol

cut collins and sign garrad and we are a playoff team bottom line but they wont smh

No we aren't, nothing Garrad does well fits what we do on offense and the things he struggles at are what we need a QB to do well. He would not be a good fit here. Also frankly he is basicly the samething Kerry Collins was most of his career a high level back up who can be a starter in the right situation so we wouldn't be getting a huge up grade at the poistion.

Also this is over looking the fact he would be over a month behind where Collins is in terms of learning the offense. At this point till Manning gets back we have four real options at QB, Painter, Collins, Hartline, and if we needed to bringing Orlovksy back. After tonight and with Collins injury I think it might be best to sit Collins down and let him heal and work on getting the offense down and go with Painter and see how things go. If we need to go back to Collins we can but Painter did show a spark tonight. He has our only real TD drive of the season.

With that said Painter is going to make mistakes and is going to have his fair share of times looking like Collins as well. He's going to turn the ball over and he's going to miss passes as well. Still though if he can lead a drive or two a game like he did tonight for a TD that is more than what Collins is giving us at this point.

cut duh and sign durr and we are durr team bottom duhh my name is natelombardi

LOL

No we aren't, nothing Garrad does well fits what we do on offense and the things he struggles at are what we need a QB to do well. He would not be a good fit here. Also frankly he is basicly the samething Kerry Collins was most of his career a high level back up who can be a starter in the right situation so we wouldn't be getting a huge up grade at the poistion.

Also this is over looking the fact he would be over a month behind where Collins is in terms of learning the offense. At this point till Manning gets back we have four real options at QB, Painter, Collins, Hartline, and if we needed to bringing Orlovksy back. After tonight and with Collins injury I think it might be best to sit Collins down and let him heal and work on getting the offense down and go with Painter and see how things go. If we need to go back to Collins we can but Painter did show a spark tonight. He has our only real TD drive of the season.

With that said Painter is going to make mistakes and is going to have his fair share of times looking like Collins as well. He's going to turn the ball over and he's going to miss passes as well. Still though if he can lead a drive or two a game like he did tonight for a TD that is more than what Collins is giving us at this point.

Unfortunately some people just aren't going to get it. I applaud you for continuing to try to spread some solid reasoning around here though. :D

I think that Collins is really succeeding at demonstrating why he retired. My problem with Painter is that he surrenders a sack, fumble, TD just about once a game when he plays. His pocket awareness appears to be non-existent, although Castonzo had his jock handed to him on that play.

I think that Collins is really succeeding at demonstrating why he retired. My problem with Painter is that he surrenders a sack, fumble, TD just about once a game when he plays. His pocket awareness appears to be non-existent, although Castonzo had his jock handed to him on that play.

Painter's pocket awareness will improve with experience and remember Rothlisberger also gave up a sack fumble td. In the Green Bay preseason game and also last night Painter showed he can be in control of the offense and throw the timing patterns after spending almost no time with the first team in practice and in games. I think we have seen the extent of what Collins has to offer. I get the feeling that this may be the start of the Painter era after reading Peyton's interview with him talking about what is best for his long term health. If Painter gets the reps with starters in practice and the team is already behind him the AFC South probably can be won with 9 wins this season.

I am not a Painter fan (I'm not a Collins fan either) but he looked good last night after he settled down. Leading the Colts on a game tying 10 play 80 yard drive in just over 3 minutes was nice to see. On the drive he was 5 of 7 for 60 yards. And I think he showed his strength on the incomplete pass to Wayne where Troy P hit the ball and he still got it out of there and then on the hand off to Addai where he still got the ball in there with Troy P hitting his arm again.

I do chuckle at the people who act like his pocket awareness is lacking because he gave up a sack and a fumble. His pocket awareness was why he still had the ball. He was getting ready to throw when Troy jumped higher into the air than I would have thought possible. Painter needs to learn that when he pulls it down in that situation he needs to tuck and move but that's an experience thing, not an awareness thing.

The Answer: Kerry Collins

The Question: Who is worse than Curtis Painter?

My God Kerry Collins is terrible! He showed NO LIFE at all. The offense showed no life under his watch. Collins holds the ball way too long. Throw in the fact that his release is slower than molasses and we might have the worse offense in the NFL. Painter could have been a hero if he had hit Garcon on his first pass. But all in all, Painter looked decent. The sack/fumble was not his fault. Costanzo whiffed badly. I'm just not sure if Painter looked good because Collins has been so terrible but to me, it's clear that Painter needs to be the starter while Collins turns into a really expensive backup option.

Chances are Garcon would have dropped it anyway.