Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Manning and Welker getting acquainted..

DILLIGAFER

Eli is probably like how do I throw to real receivers. haha

Nice to see Manning is upset at the loss of Stokely.

I'm telling the absence of Ol' reliable will be felt sometimes.

Not a difference between winning and losing, but the types of TDs he had with Stokely in the AFCDG against the Ravens won't be had.

BREAKING NEWS: MANNING PLAYS GLORIFIED GAME OF CATCH WITH NEW RECEIVER!

Oops, sorry, I forgot we can only make fun of Brady here  :brady: 

The same people who said it about Brady and Danny will probably say the same thing with Manning and Welker. Most know this stuff is big for both teams.

Wes Welker keep your shirt on man...Don't scare women & small children like that...Just Kidding Wes!!! I love you man & I know you will instrumental in helping Peyton acquire a 2nd SB trophy. 

I feel sorry for Eli though, he always plays 2nd fiddle to Peyton especially among the media. Eli get asked 1 question about WR Victor Cruz & then it's almost as if Mort could care less. Sigh...

Eli must feel like the little brother that always gets the leftovers & hand me downs...Stay strong Eli.  haha

True, but Eli always had a great offensive line in NY. Peyton except for 2004-2006 in INDY can't really claim that luxury. Peyton's quick release disguised a lot of o-line weaknesses...

"Gee golly Peyton. Receivers can run more than Go routes?" rotflmao

Of course I'm joking.

"Gee golly Peyton. Receivers can run more than Go routes?" :lol:

Of course I'm joking.

Hilarious FX! Hilarious! I wasn't being critical of your previous statement my friend. I knew exactly what you meant. I just have arguments with my family members who watch football all the time all the time...If Peyton had the Giants o-line, he'd probably have 3 SB rings on his finger IMO...Not to diminish Eli's Championships at all. 

Hilarious FX! Hilarious! I wasn't being critical of your previous statement my friend. I knew exactly what you meant. I just have arguments with my family members who watch football all the time all the time...If Peyton had the Giants o-line, he'd probably have 3 SB rings on his finger IMO...Not to diminish Eli's Championships at all. 

I know you weren't. :thmup:

And I completely agree. We could have used a more well rounded team. Like it always came to if Peyton didn't play perfect, sometimes he even did, we would lose in crunch time.

I was glad to see Peyton say that he "doesn't put words in peoples mouths" & he gives Wes Welker the opportunity to speak for himself. Another reason #18 is a great HOF leader: He knows what not to say & when to keep quiet. 

Mort definitely has real hair there blowing in the wind. No tupay or wig on his head that's for sure...At least, Mort's hair looks better than that creature that died on Donald Trump's head IMO... haha

donald-trump-comb-over.jpg

Did anyone expect any less?IMO  PM Welker duo will be just fine,and NE will miss him greatly haha

Darn Right Jay! I Replacing Wes is not an easy undertaking. Welker is special. I don't care if Danny Amendola is younger. Experience matters when the game is on the line & you don't just switch out a Playoff caliber WR like a pair of sweaty socks...JMO...

I was glad to see Peyton say that he "doesn't put words in peoples mouths" & he gives Wes Welker the opportunity to speak for himself. Another reason #18 is a great HOF leader: He knows what not to say & when to keep quiet. 

Mort definitely has real hair there blowing in the wind. No tupay or wig on his head that's for sure...At least, Mort's hair looks better than that creature that died on Donald Trump's head IMO... haha

donald-trump-comb-over.jpg

:funny:  :lol:  :funny:

We could have used a more well rounded team. Like it always came to if Peyton didn't play perfect, sometimes he even did, we would lose in crunch time.

I always have this image of Eli & Peyton chilling at Archie's house near the family pool. Peyton says "4 MVPs baby read em & weep brother!"

Eli responds "2 SB rings to your 1. HA! HA! Baby brother has a better NFL legacy than yours." 

"Oh bringing out the big guns I see. Okay fine." 

Peyton smiles a devilish grin & then tosses Eli head first into the pool shouting aloud "Mom always liked me best!"  haha

Just to prove that INDY/Manning fans can take equal teasing about Peyton's Denver home in just the same way that I joked about Tom Brady's California home, here you go: Nice shack there Peyton. Does Ashley have enough closet space? Just Kidding!!!

http://www.businessinsider.com/take-a-tour-of-peyton-mannings-new-45-million-denver-mansion-2012-7?op=1

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/07/12/peyton-manning-scores-den_n_1668666.html

Just to prove that INDY/Manning fans can take equal teasing about Peyton's Denver home in just the same way that I joked about Tom Brady's California home, here you go: Nice shack there Peyton. Does Ashley have enough closet space? Just Kidding!!!

http://www.businessinsider.com/take-a-tour-of-peyton-mannings-new-45-million-denver-mansion-2012-7?op=1

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/07/12/peyton-manning-scores-den_n_1668666.html

Peyton isn't only the master of the field, but also the master of negotiating. He got a $5.7M house for $4.5M!! haha

Also I can see homemade videos of Marshall playing in that backyard. This time he'll be saying "you can't touch the QB" due to NFL rule changes!! haha

Peyton isn't only the master of the field, but also the master of negotiating. He got a $5.7M house for $4.5M!! haha

Also I can see homemade videos of Marshall playing in that backyard. This time he'll be saying "you can't touch the QB" due to NFL rule changes!! haha

Is there anything the Sherif can't do FX? Hades no... :lol:  lmao  :thmup:

I would have no idea what to do with all that space.  

Really like the office though.

On the Field work.. 

Eli.. leave the poor mans hair alone.. haha!!

http://espn.go.com/blog/afcwest/post...offseason-work

Eli is probably like how do I throw to real receivers. haha

I'm telling the absence of Ol' reliable will be felt sometimes.

Not a difference between winning and losing, but the types of TDs he had with Stokely in the AFCDG against the Ravens won't be had.

The same people who said it about Brady and Danny will probably say the same thing with Manning and Welker. Most know this stuff is big for both teams.

That go ahead catch Vs Charges in coimback was amazing and when in trouble, esp ifv flushed from pocket Stokley knows where to look for open spot for PM to throw too

============================================

Wes Welker keep your shirt on man...Don't scare women & small children like that...Just Kidding Wes!!! I love you man & I know you will instrumental in helping Peyton acquire a 2nd SB trophy. 

I feel sorry for Eli though, he always plays 2nd fiddle to Peyton especially among the media. Eli get asked 1 question about WR Victor Cruz & then it's almost as if Mort could care less. Sigh...

Eli must feel like the little brother that always gets the leftovers & hand me downs...Stay strong Eli.  haha

that was cute

I don't think I remember manning having such a media presence in the off season. 

just seemed different for him

I apologize,  Didnt see this post

posted three articles in seperate topic  same or similar video is included in one as well as transcript excerpts

http://forums.colts.com/index.php?/topic/17269-training-with-peyton-at-duke-welker-thomas-decker-manning-said-to-have-zip-on-the-ball/

Great video, thanks for posting . . . that was funny with eli playing with Chris's hair . . . :D

I will tell you this about the video, it is another reminder of just how big these althetes are . . . relative to each other they all seem the same size, but when they are placed close to a 5'8'' person, they look huge . . .

On the Field work.. 

Eli.. leave the poor mans hair alone.. haha!!

http://espn.go.com/blog/afcwest/post...offseason-work

When safeties doubled up the outside guys, Peyton went to the Dallas Clark well often. Tamme is no Dallas Clark, IMO, he benefited greatly from double teams going to Clark and then Collie in 2010 which also led to more LB hits for Collie, IMO.

The middle is where Peyton makes his living and Welker will help with that. Whether that results in playoff wins or not, it remains to be seen.

Of course Manning calls ESPN to get the cameras out there to make a big deal of it. Meanwhile Brady is just quietly going about his business practicing with Amendola and Hernandez over in California and has been for weeks now. Difference is that Brady didn't call the media to put cameras all over them while they did it. Manning loves the media and loves the attention, whereas Brady would prefer to remain out of the spot light.

Manning is a media * at this point, which is intelligent of him in a way because hes very deeply invested in Papa Johns now, so the more hes in the media and "branding" himself the better I guess.

Broncos already have their QB and top 3 WRs doing voluntary workouts together on their own. This bodes well for the rest of us...

ANY NEWS ON LUCK AND DHB YET GUYS!

Brady is 3+ weeks ahead of him. ESPN just doesn't care about anyone else in the league working out together, only Manning and Welker.

Brady is 3+ weeks ahead of him. ESPN just doesn't care about anyone else in the league working out together, only Manning and Welker.

You Pats fans don't care about anyone else working out together (especially Peyton :), I think I know why :)), just Brady and Amendola.

It was one of your fellow Pats fans that wanted to make a thread about Brady and Amendola, so I can definitely see why a Broncos fan wanted to make a thread about this. :)

Just deal with it, it is par for the course. :)

You Pats fans don't care about anyone else working out together (especially Peyton :), I think I know why :)), just Brady and Amendola.

It was one of your fellow Pats fans that wanted to make a thread about Brady and Amendola, so I can definitely see why a Broncos fan wanted to make a thread about this. :)

Just deal with it, it is par for the course. :)

Oh I know that it would be posted on this forum, I'm just pointing out how ridiculous ESPN is with their love affair of Manning. Hes the only one they decided to roll out the news truck for and have Mortensen there to interview him. The Mannings are all about being in the spot light.

Oh I know that it would be posted on this forum, I'm just pointing out how ridiculous ESPN is with their love affair of Manning. Hes the only one they decided to roll out the news truck for and have Mortensen there to interview him. The Mannings are all about being in the spot light.

ESPN has to do what it has to do to generate ratings. If getting both Mannings gets ratings, that is what they will do. If covering Brady gets them ratings, that is what they will do. If a Peyton comeback workout video from Duke can get leaked, a year after he is in the league in full flow, this workout was going to leak much more easily.

If you can prove to me that it was the Mannings that wanted ESPN out there, then I can agree that both the Mannings want to be in the spotlight and seek it out every single time.

This is how I see it. The relationship with Chris Mortensen goes way back to Bill Polian when Bill Polian used to give Mortensen the first scoop before anyone else on news and draft picks, it irked local media in Indy that he did that. I dont think Brady has as many relationships with the media like Bill Polian or Peyton Manning have, he may do so in the fashion industry and those circles however. When you have friends in the media circle, you sometimes have obligations and do what you can do to help them out. It is the offseason and Mortensen is not on NFL Network or ESPN talking about the draft (Kiper and McShay time on ESPN mostly), so his gig's security depends on tidbits like these. So, if Mortensen calls up and asks Peyton if he minded if ESPN came to his Duke workout, Peyton probably said come on over. I don't see a problem with that. Based on history dating back to the Indy days, it would be a safe assumption to make as to how things might have played out.

I would have no idea what to do with all that space.  

Really like the office though.

I know exactly what you mean Valpo2004. I think just for laughs & giggles I'd spruce up an ordinary golf cart like a luxury car just to zoom around the house. But, Peyton's wife Ashley would frown on that too much especially if the motor was loud or the radio tunes woke up the kids. An angry wife & mother is scarier than Godzilla smashing a village in a Japanese film spoof man.  :D  :funny:  :lol:

burgundy-buick-lucerne-golf-cart.jpg

We won't miss his drops in the playoffs/SB...good luck.

Yes, I know we have discussed this before amfootball & yes I am biased toward Wes Welker. I was always a tiny bit jealous that the Pats had him & we [Colts] didn't. I always admired the guy & his commitment to winning. So, I'm really glad Peyton gets to experience the Welker 3rd down conversion magic now. 

Having said all that. I want Danny Amendola to do well &, if I am honest with myself, I know he will. I never doubt Bill Belichick. He knows exactly what he's doing & NE will go 11-5 or 12-4 like they always do. 

You asked me once how many SB rings the Manning/Welker tandem will win together...I'd say at least one. I just wanted Welker to get 1 ring & for Peyton to solidify his press, media endorsements, & salary with 2 Championships when the Sheriff rides off into the Colorado sunset...

colorado-sunset75.jpg

Of course Manning calls ESPN to get the cameras out there to make a big deal of it. Meanwhile Brady is just quietly going about his business practicing with Amendola and Hernandez over in California and has been for weeks now. Difference is that Brady didn't call the media to put cameras all over them while they did it. Manning loves the media and loves the attention, whereas Brady would prefer to remain out of the spot light.

Manning is a media * at this point, which is intelligent of him in a way because hes very deeply invested in Papa Johns now, so the more hes in the media and "branding" himself the better I guess.

look everyone the :troll: is back! Yay!!!! So excited to see you again. Your ban must be up.. but not for long with that inflammatory posting.

Difference is that Brady didn't call the media to put cameras all over them while they did it. Manning loves the media and loves the attention, whereas Brady would prefer to remain out of the spot light.

JerodMayo51, 

The question is who called who? Often times, high profile ESPN reporters don't really wanna do solid beat reporting anymore & pound the pavement looking for new stories. They like stories that are easy familiar & convenient to do without a lot of leg work or logistics involved. Peyton & Eli don't travel around with a video camera & an entourage 24 like NBC Tonight Show Jay Leno does. Now, there's an attention junkie. Look, I get it. The Mannings are considered the 1st family of NFL football & that media over exposure tends to build resentment & anger among other teams justifably so. 

Now, if the Mannings turned reports away & said get lost or interview other NFL QBs the media & fans would probably say they had now become arrogant, conceited, & full of themselves. The Mannings can't win no matter what they do. 

For the record, I always give NE & Tom Brady respect & Brady has had more post season success than Peyton....But, he lost 2 SBs to the NY Giants too so NE & Brady clearly aren't bullet proof or invincible when it comes to winning  :lombardi:  Championships either. Like I always say, Tom Brady will win 4 rings total before he retires from the NFL. He's too healthy & smart not too IMHO...

picard-facepalm.jpg?1240934151

- Peyton and Eli have been doing this offseason camp together for years. Media is going to be all over it whether they're called or not.

- There was news about Amendola and Brady weeks ago yes, I guess they're the ones who called ESPN too?

- Brady's married a supermodel and you say Peyton's the one who tries to get attention? Honestly neither of them vie for attention more than the other, Manning is probably just more known because he is a solid actor and does good spots. His guest appearance in SNL was one of the best guest appearances they've ever had. Brady did SNL too but wasn't as good.

Even if accept your premise that the Mannings craved the spotlight, all that scrutiny tends to lead to disaster & a derailed NFL season. Don't believe me? Look at the NY Jets, Rex Ryan, & Tim Tebow...Not exactly a shining success story there.

The best NFL franchises: Colts, NE, NY Giants, Steelers, & Green Bay establish a line of defense in the locker room & at press conferences & they don't let the media dictate the terms of discussion the players & coaches do. And if a rookie strays from a stance of silence & confidentiality, they shut him up, chat with him, & bring him back in the team fold when he is ready.

My point is "silence is golden." Bill Belichick learned this in Cleveland. Keep everything close to the vest. If the media has no scandal or controversy to report, there are no distractions. No distractions=Team unity, consistent winning, & Championships...It's really that simple. Don't crave attention. Let other teams be dumb enough to want the nightmare attention that always accompanies it. If you keep your answers direct, short, & strictly formation playbook related, the media has no ammunition to even contemplate creating a controversy. That's why I consider Bill Belichick a genius teacher & motivator.