Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

The Top 10 Quarterbacks in the NFL Entering 2013

shakedownstreet

As long as we have established that the Colts are not your #1 I'm OK with whoever you put in-front of them.

Wrong, the Colts are my favorite team but Peyton Manning is still my favorite QB and player. Next you will want to know who I will route for when they meet this year. That is easy, I will be rooting for Peyton Manning as I have in every game since he came into the NFL. I am still a Colts fan but I am not happy with ownership or management in making the huge mistake they made in selecting Luck. This will haunt the franchise for a decade...... :dancing:

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wrong, the Colts are my favorite team but Peyton Manning is still my favorite QB and player. Next you will want to know who I will route for when they meet this year. That is easy, I will be rooting for Peyton Manning as I have in every game since he came into the NFL. I am still a Colts fan but I am not happy with ownership or management in making the huge mistake they made in selecting Luck. This will haunt the franchise for a decade...... :dancing:

October-18-2011-20-12-49-DoubleFacePalm.

I looked again.... your still wrong.

Mark Sanchez - 14 fumbles lost 8

http://www.nfl.com/player/marksanchez/79858/profile

Andrew Luck - 10 Fumbles lost 5

http://www.nfl.com/player/andrewluck/2533031/profile

They both had 18 INT.

I didn't keep track of how many they lost because that is a "luck" thing. I am glad you are comparing Luck with what might have been the worst starting QB in the entire NFL..... It is perfectly right that he be compared at that level because he isn't close to RGIII or any of the QBs on the other end of the ratings.... :dancing:

I didn't keep track of how many they lost because that is a "luck" thing. I am glad you are comparing Luck with what might have been the worst starting QB in the entire NFL..... It is perfectly right that he be compared at that level because he isn't close to RGIII or any of the QBs on the other end of the ratings.... :dancing:

I'm not comparing anything, just refuting your false statement that he "lead the league in turnovers"

The key is that it is a Colts Forum not an Andrew Luck Forum. There are more than a few people who have their doubts about Luck and I am certainly one of them. If you are going to show that film of Peyton making a mistake and getting picked, why not show some of the film of Luck getting picked when he threw shot to a receiver on a long route? Parcells and Phil Sims both said before the season started that they had never seen him make an NFL throw in his college highlights and they doubted his ability to deliver the long ball. It would seem that they were about right..... Now, he still has quite a while to prove them and me wrong and I certainly hope that he does but I have more than a little doubt about that...... :dancing:

Can you show me one other person besides you who thinks Luck will be or has a significant chance to be a bust after this past season? Because I can show you multiple people who say he is a top 10 QB right now

Can you show me one other person besides you who thinks Luck will be or has a significant chance to be a bust after this past season? Because I can show you multiple people who say he is a top 10 QB right now

Then they have a big problem because he was the 26th rated QB last year. I won't give any order but: Brady, Peyton Manning, Rogers, Kapernak, Wilson, RGIII, Matt Ryan, Roethlisberger, Flacco, Brees, Romo, Stafford, Eli Manning, Cam Newton and Andy Dalton all rate ahead of Luck in my book. That is 15..... :dancing:  I never said he would be a bust, just mediocre.... :dancing:

My "laughable" comment was not based on him believing Peyton is the greatest player of his generation, I know many believe that and I respect that, but the fact that he switched the debate from Manning's playoff loss to the best player argument. My comment about Brady being the best of his generation was also my opinion which he decided to single out. That was my point.

Its called a lightning up the subject. Get a clue. You get so flippin bent out of shape anytime someone doesnt agree that Brady/

Patriots are Gods gift to the NFL. Humor.. try it sometime and get a grip. SMH. This is a COLTS board after all.

Then they have a big problem because he was the 26th rated QB last year. I won't give any order but: Brady, Peyton Manning, Rogers, Kapernak, Wilson, RGIII, Matt Ryan, Roethlisberger, Flacco, Brees, Romo, Stafford, Eli Manning, Cam Newton and Andy Dalton all rate ahead of Luck in my book. That is 15..... :dancing:  I never said he would be a bust, just mediocre.... :dancing:

Yeah you know last year after we beat the Packers I remember saying to myself, "Gee what a nice win. But, I wish Luck's completion percentage was higher in the first half and his overall QB rating for the game higher. Then I REALLY would enjoy this win."

You know why you always bring up stats? Cause it's all you got. You can't use wins since the Colts won 11 last year. 11-5 kills any "Irsay made the wrong move" debate in year 1 of Luck and so does Peyton's new team's one and done at home.

I don't buy it all that you truly even want Luck to improve either since you are just a bitter Peyton fan and still mourn over it.

And yes Luck can improve and his numbers have nowhere to likely go then up. This entire Colts team last year showed a lot of heart and intangibles so forgive some of us for not harping on every interception he threw in the regular season or missed pass.

2012 was a very memorable and exciting season for some of us and instead you want to put down the QB we had because he ISN'T Manning .

Stats smats. I don't even buy that you are that obsessed with them anyway. You just want to use them to put down Luck.

Way to avoid the question, you said many people think Luck is mediocre, can you show me one person other than you who thinks he is mediocre after the 2012 season?

Posted · Hidden by Superman, April 15, 2013 - inflammatory
Hidden by Superman, April 15, 2013 - inflammatory

Yeah you know last year after we beat the Packers I remember saying to myself, "Gee what a nice win. But, I wish Luck's completion percentage was higher in the first half and his overall QB rating for the game higher. Then I REALLY would enjoy this win."

You know why you always bring up stats? Cause it's all you got. You can't use wins since the Colts won 11 last year. 11-5 kills any "Irsay made the wrong move" debate in year 1 of Luck and so does Peyton's new team's one and done at home.

I don't buy it all that you truly even want Luck to improve either since you are just a bitter Peyton fan and still mourn over it.

And yes Luck can improve and his numbers have nowhere to likely go then up. This entire Colts team last year showed a lot of heart and intangibles so forgive some of us for not harping on every interception he threw in the regular season or missed pass.

2012 was a very memorable and exciting season for some of us and instead you want to put down the QB we had because he ISN'T Manning .

Stats smats. I don't even buy that you are that obsessed with them anyway. You just want to use them to put down Luck.

FJC in disguise?  

Regardless...      well said...

Yeah you know last year after we beat the Packers I remember saying to myself, "Gee what a nice win. But, I wish Luck's completion percentage was higher in the first half and his overall QB rating for the game higher. Then I REALLY would enjoy this win."

Post of the Year.

Its called a lightning up the subject. Get a clue. You get so flippin bent out of shape anytime someone doesnt agree that Brady/

Patriots are Gods gift to the NFL. Humor.. try it sometime and get a grip. SMH. This is a COLTS board after all.

I missed the humor. Shame on me. And believe me I am not bent out of shape. I enjoy this board and debating with posters like you although, I am starting to get irritated on all this Luck bashing.

Way to avoid the question, you said many people think Luck is mediocre, can you show me one person other than you who thinks he is mediocre after the 2012 season?

Do your own research. There are some experts who express concerns about his low QB rating, turnovers and completion percentage.  :dancing:   By the way, I never claimed that there were critics. If I had made that claim, I would show that reference. He has a few critics on this very forum but they only say something once in a while because the Luck fanatics here start calling them names. I am aware that this view is not one that you want to hear but there are those terrible stats that you all have to explains but no fear, you always have the magic "but" that you all use so well. That is the real area where Luck leads the NFL, excuses..... :dancing:

I missed the humor. Shame on me. And believe me I am not bent out of shape. I enjoy this board and debating with posters like you although, I am starting to get irritated on all this Luck bashing.

There's plenty of 12 and Manning bashing going around, it's not just one side at work.

OIBu is bashing. I am arguing facts.

I'm not talking about you. I understand a lot of your posts, but some take them the wrong way. I am merely pointing out the fact that there is a lot of bashing that happens here, and pretending that it is all on just 12 isn't right. You will see more bashing of 12 in the General section, and more Manning bashing in the Colts section...do the math yourself lol.

I'm not talking about you. I understand a lot of your posts, but some take them the wrong way. I am merely pointing out the fact that there is a lot of bashing that happens here, and pretending that it is all on just 12 isn't right. You will see more bashing of 12 in the General section, and more Manning bashing in the Colts section...do the math yourself lol.

Yes, I know it is par for the course. I guess I don't mind the bashing if it is backed up but to have a QB like Luck win 11 games and basically call him a bust is ridiculous.

Posted · Hidden by Superman, April 15, 2013 - inflammatory
Hidden by Superman, April 15, 2013 - inflammatory

FJC in disguise?  

Regardless...      well said...

Whatever happened to FJC? Did he jump ship and become a Bronco's bandwagoner? Anywho, people just need to ignore this OIBlu fella. He don't even believe his own nonsensical ramblings. He's here for one reason and one reason only...to troll and irritate!

Yes, I know it is par for the course. I guess I don't mind the bashing if it is backed up but to have a QB like Luck win 11 games and basically call him a bust is ridiculous.

Yes, it is, but to say that he will be a HoF'er after one year is equally ridiculous, and I hear a lot of people saying that too. All we can really say is that he has potential and perhaps a promising future. The only fair way to look at things.

Yes, it is, but to say that he will be a HoF'er after one year is equally ridiculous, and I hear a lot of people saying that too. All we can really say is that he has potential and perhaps a promising future. The only fair way to look at things.

I don't see the HoF comment as nearly as inflamatory because Luck has been billed all along as a great QB and was touted as the best draft pick to come out since Elway. IMO he more than lived up to that billing in his first year when he basically walked into a tornado that was the Colts org, lost his coach for basically the whole year, and led them to the playoffs.

I can't think of one other QB in the history of football that has done that. Ryan is probably the closest given the Vick situation when he became the Falcons QB.

I don't see the HoF comment as nearly as inflamatory because Luck has been billed all along as a great QB and was touted as the best draft pick to come out since Elway. IMO he more than lived up to that billing in his first year when he basically walked into a tornado that was the Colts org, lost his coach for basically the whole year, and led them to the playoffs.

I can't think of one other QB in the history of football that has done that. Ryan is probably the closest given the Vick situation when he becamse Falcons QB.

He didn't do it all on his own, and that's the common misconception here. People also forget that most of those wins were come from behind games against weak teams, and you cannot expect that kind of luck year after year. The same people who hail 12 as the Second Coming of Elway are sometimes the same who diss Manning, one of the best QBs of all time. Sure you can be billed as great, but what happened to that Leaf guy? Or that Russell guy? And no, before the 12 lovers jump on me, I am not saying he will end up like them, I am merely using a comparison.

He didn't do it all on his own, and that's the common misconception here. People also forget that most of those wins were come from behind games against weak teams, and you cannot expect that kind of luck year after year. The same people who hail 12 as the Second Coming of Elway are sometimes the same who diss Manning, one of the best QBs of all time. Sure you can be billed as great, but what happened to that Leaf guy? Or that Russell guy? And no, before the 12 lovers jump on me, I am not saying he will end up like them, I am merely using a comparison.

He is the single biggest reason though, you have to admit that. His team was not very good. Period. Picked to win a handful of games. And so what if he beat some weak teams? It is pretty hard to win an NFL game as a rookie period. And did he beat the Packers -  significanly outplaying Rodgers in the second half to the tune of 21-6 and your Texans with nothing on the line while the Texans had everything to lose.

A come from behind victory by the way is not luck. I am not sure why people keep saying that. You have to be more precise, make better decisions and basically hit on all your plays to actually win. It is not like a lucky bounce or something gives you the win. You have to execute under intense pressure where any mistake can cost you the game.

And to compare Luck to Leaf in any way shape or form is ridiculous...

He is the single biggest reason though, you have to admit that. His team was not very good. Period. Picked to win a handful of games. And so what if he beat some weak teams? It is pretty hard to win an NFL game as a rookie period. And did he beat the Packers  significanly playing Rodgers in the second half to the tune of 21-6.

A come from behind victory by the way is not luck. I am not sure why people keep saying that. You have to be more precise, make better decisions and basically hit on all your plays to actually win. It is not like a lucky bounce or something gives you the win. You have to execute under intense pressure where any mistake can cost you the game.

And to compare Luck to Leaf in any way shape or form is ridiculous...

:facepalm: . I already said that it is merely a comparison saying that just because someone is touted as being great doesn't mean that he will actually have a great career. You should know this better than anyone with your 6th round pick QB. He was not playing on the 2-14 team. He was playing on a completely different team, whether the media picked them to win 3 games or 12 games. 3 of those come from behind wins were won by 3 points, one 2, and others by 6 points or less. That isn't greatness. Say what you will, but I refuse to be convinced that he will be a HoF'er just because the media (who people love or hate depending on what they say on a daily basis) said so. Not after one season. We will have to wait and see just like we do with everyone else.

:facepalm: . I already said that it is merely a comparison saying that just because someone is touted as being great doesn't mean that he will actually have a great year. You should know this better than anyone with your 6th round pick QB. He was not playing on the 2-14 team. He was playing on a completely different team, whether the media picked them to win 3 games or 12 games. 3 of those come from behind wins were won by 3 points, one 2, and others by 6 points or less. That isn't greatness. Say what you will, but I refuse to be convinced that he will be a HoF'er just because the media (who people love or hate depending on what they say on a daily basis) said so. Not after one season. We will have to wait and see just like we do with everyone else.

ok, fair enough. We have a different definition of greatness especially for a rookie QB. And for the record, I don't think saying he will be in the HoF is not hyperbole but it is more reasonable than saying he will be a bust. That was my only point.

I would not call wins against 3 of the NFC north teams a weak schedule - Green Bay, Minnesota, and Detroit, lets also not forget the win against the Texans at the end of the season. I was so dissapointed when Peyton was released, but I genuinely like Andrew Luck and think he did a great deal with very little that so many other QB's would not be able to do. Lets not forget other QB's that did nothing all season - Sanchez, Fitzpatrick, Lockner, Kolb, Quinn, Henne, Palmer... all starters, all seasoned veterans, and consisitent losses from all. Comparasions need to be done between Andrew Luck and the rest of the rookies out there. RG3 and Wilson having breakout seasons also, but look at so many more considered rookies. Tannenhill, Weeden, Ponder (2nd year) Kapernick (2nd year), Newton (2nd year) and backup Kirk Cousins.

If Andrew Luck were drafted in a year where he was alone, and there were not so many NFL capable rookies out there, he would stand out so much more. In my humble opinion he has great talent, and as this class moved forward, you will hear and see so much more from the entire group. Much like Peyton, Brady, Eli, and Aaron graduated into the elite and took over the reigns from the Farve era, you will see this group do exactly the same thing. Luck will be in the top of that pack.

I would not call wins against 3 of the NFC north teams a weak schedule - Green Bay, Minnesota, and Detroit, lets also not forget the win against the Texans at the end of the season. I was so dissapointed when Peyton was released, but I genuinely like Andrew Luck and think he did a great deal with very little that so many other QB's would not be able to do. Lets not forget other QB's that did nothing all season - Sanchez, Fitzpatrick, Lockner, Kolb, Quinn, Henne, Palmer... all starters, all seasoned veterans, and consisitent losses from all. Comparasions need to be done between Andrew Luck and the rest of the rookies out there. RG3 and Wilson having breakout seasons also, but look at so many more considered rookies. Tannenhill, Weeden, Ponder (2nd year) Kapernick (2nd year), Newton (2nd year) and backup Kirk Cousins.

If Andrew Luck were drafted in a year where he was alone, and there were not so many NFL capable rookies out there, he would stand out so much more. In my humble opinion he has great talent, and as this class moved forward, you will hear and see so much more from the entire group. Much like Peyton, Brady, Eli, and Aaron graduated into the elite and took over the reigns from the Farve era, you will see this group do exactly the same thing. Luck will be in the top of that pack.

Minnesota and Detroit...despite the fact that they gave both our teams trouble, they still weren't very good teams this year. Though I do admit that Minnesota may indeed be improving. The Packers game you won by a FG, but still, congrats. I'm not saying that 12 isn't going to be good, I'm just saying that saying so just because he had less weapons and was in a system that was meant to accumulate yards isn't wise. 12 may be very good in the future. Who knows. Besides, I think the post you quoted from me was one meant at one of our posters claiming that he disliked all the 12 bashing. I was merely pointing out that there is plenty of bashing going around.

Please get off these forums and stop being a Colts fan...you're making us look bad. How can you even say Luck is Mediocre at best...you must not be watching the same games that everyone else is. Luck put the team on his back and did amazing...WE WENT 11-5!!!! Not even your lover boy peyton manning could do that in his first year with Marshall Faulk. Look Peyton is and always will be awesome, but I'm a colts fan...not a peyton fan. If you aren't excited bout the future of our franchise, you are out of your mind.

And do you really have to put smilies in every one of your posts like a pre-teen on AIM?

Please get off these forums and stop being a Colts fan...you're making us look bad. How can you even say Luck is Mediocre at best...you must not be watching the same games that everyone else is. Luck put the team on his back and did amazing...WE WENT 11-5!!!! Not even your lover boy peyton manning could do that in his first year with Marshall Faulk. Look Peyton is and always will be awesome, but I'm a colts fan...not a peyton fan. If you aren't excited bout the future of our franchise, you are out of your mind.

And do you really have to put smilies in every one of your posts like a pre-teen on AIM?

:yeahright:   :rantoff:  :violin:  :Yikes:

This is all you need to know about OldBlu.  The guy hates Irsay and Luck because of Manning being gone and no matter what Luck does he will not give him credit because Luck replaced Manning.  He says he is a Colts fans, but in reality he wsa just a Manning fan and now that Luck is here he will continue to hate on Luck. Luck could save a kitten from a fire, cure cancer, and then throw for 500 yards and four touchdowns and he would still find a way to bash him or discredit what he did. He did this same routine on another board.  It is rather humerus to see the mental gymnastics he takes to promote everyone over Luck.  

This is all you need to know about OldBlu.  The guy hates Irsay and Luck because of Manning being gone and no matter what Luck does he will not give him credit because Luck replaced Manning.  He says he is a Colts fans, but in reality he wsa just a Manning fan and now that Luck is here he will continue to hate on Luck. Luck could save a kitten from a fire, cure cancer, and then throw for 500 yards and four touchdowns and he would still find a way to bash him or discredit what he did. He did this same routine on another board.  It is rather humerus to see the mental gymnastics he takes to promote everyone over Luck.  

Only Wilson and RGIII  :Yikes:

This is not a sprint.. it's a marathon.. how many QB's have impressed in their rookie or few starts.. and then the league adjusts and they cannot do it anymore.

Wilson and RGIII are great, but the team around them were solid before they got there.. Luck had a 2-14 team, and with everyone saying that he would win 2-3 games this year before the season started, on paper, colts were down there among the worst rosters in the NFL.

Let's wait and see, I want to see Wilson, RGIII and Luck next year, to see if they step up and get to the next level, and it's not a one year wonder like many other QB's..

At some point, a team has to move on. It killed me when the Colts traded Unitas to the Chargers, but then Bert Jones came along. Ed Reed went to the Texans , but there is no way I'll be rooting for Ed in Houston. When Reed retires, he will return to the ranks of the Ravens as an all-time hero. Right now though, he's just a crummy Texan. If I were a Colts fan, I would feel the same way about Manning. A great hero to Indy, but right now he's a bumblin' Bronco working for Dr. Evil ( Elway.) Once Manning retires, he can once again become a hero in Indianapolis. Luck is the man now, and I would support him. The kid did a very good job as a rookie. As you know, I'm definately not an Irsay fan, so I really didn't like some of the ham-handed ways he dealt with Manning in letting him go, but it was a tough situation. The Colts situation was somewhat similar to the Packers situation with Favre and Rodgers. Most teams don't have that scenario with an aging veteran who still has something left in the tank, or a hotshot young quarterback , or top draftee. It can be a problem, but at least both options are good.