The Top 10 Quarterbacks in the NFL Entering 2013

shakedownstreet

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh, you were saying about turnovers?

peyton-picked-OT.gif

You're picking on Luck at times gets old. Peyton has a knack at ending big games himself in Favre-esque manners but he is apparently flawless to many. Luck has not even gotten his feet wet enough in this league and you already have said you think he has bust potential in other threads.

It is really strange to have to stick up for Andrew Luck a lot after last years memorable season on A COLTS FORUM. Sigh.

The key is that it is a Colts Forum not an Andrew Luck Forum. There are more than a few people who have their doubts about Luck and I am certainly one of them. If you are going to show that film of Peyton making a mistake and getting picked, why not show some of the film of Luck getting picked when he threw shot to a receiver on a long route? Parcells and Phil Sims both said before the season started that they had never seen him make an NFL throw in his college highlights and they doubted his ability to deliver the long ball. It would seem that they were about right..... Now, he still has quite a while to prove them and me wrong and I certainly hope that he does but I have more than a little doubt about that...... :dancing:

Yay Seahawks

:dancing:

Hey!!  :dancing:   They have a team on the rise with a great coach, a great running back, a great defense and a wonderful young QB. That is a pretty potent set of assets..... :dancing:

The key is that it is a Colts Forum not an Andrew Luck Forum. There are more than a few people who have their doubts about Luck and I am certainly one of them. If you are going to show that film of Peyton making a mistake and getting picked, why not show some of the film of Luck getting picked when he threw shot to a receiver on a long route? Parcells and Phil Sims both said before the season started that they had never seen him make an NFL throw in his college highlights and they doubted his ability to deliver the long ball. It would seem that they were about right..... Now, he still has quite a while to prove them and me wrong and I certainly hope that he does but I have more than a little doubt about that...... :dancing:

Fair enough

:dancing:

I would move Flacco down and I think Kaepernick is a better QB, but Flacco did win the biggest game in the head to head matchup between the two.  I don't get if the list is best QBs or best QBs on best teams.  Luck is better than Wilson and I would take Luck over Matt Ryan and Joe Flacco, but those guys are on better teams.

I'm also surprised people are so shocked by Peyton's numbers.  This is Peyton Manning.  He has been making it look easy for the last 13 years.  I didn't think there would be any question that he would be back to his normal self.  I do understand how the injury had so many questions around it, but still...it's Peyton!

Luck over Matty Ice and Flacco? Please....... :dancing:

PEYTON is the best player of his generation.. sure. I can admit that.

lol. so laughable.

Like I have said before, Brady was a late rounder who was supposed to hold a clip board his entire career and all he has done is gone toe to toe with the first pick and come out on top in every way possible and STILL I can admit that he makes mistakes.

Let me ask you, are all 11 of Peyton's record playoff losses on his receivers, Oline, coaching, weather? And are his nine wins which are about half of Brady's all to his credit?  Wait, don't respond...I know the answer. So predictable.

lol. so laughable.

Like I have said before, Brady was a late rounder who was supposed to hold a clip board his entire career and all he has done is gone toe to toe with the first pick and come out on top in every way possible and STILL I can admit that he makes mistakes.

Let me ask you, are all 11 of Peyton's record playoff losses on his receivers, Oline, coaching, weather? And are his nine wins which are about half of Brady's all to his credit?  Wait, don't respond...I know the answer. So predictable.

It's not laughable. It's an opinion. A biased opinion just as yours is. There's no right answer for who the better player is. Just people's preferences.

I really hate to agree with you here, but you're right. There's no way he's better than Ryan and Flacco at this point in his career yet.

Ha!!! Everyone hates to agree with me and some take some real leaps to avoid it..... :dancing:

I would not have had Luck on that list at all. He had the next worst QB rating of any QB in the NFL 

Look beyond those static numbers, my friend. 

He led a young group of raggamuffins (<< Harbaugh-ism) to an 11-5 record. His intangibles are overwhelming. 

and please, don't bother making a ton of excuses for that and all of his turnovers.....  :dancing:

No excuses are needed for a rookie in his disposition. Be reasonable. 

I would not have had Luck on that list at all. He had the next worst QB rating of any QB in the NFL and please, don't bother making a ton of excuses for that and all of his turnovers..... :dancing:

I don't need to make excuses, and furthermore I find your post ridiculous. I was watching the Colts play last year, Not sure what team you were watching.

Finally you got ONE thing correct....    Wilson is a "great game manager" ...     He has a top 5 D, and a top 5 rushing attack.      He is not asked to much more.         

Luck on the other hand was simply given the keys to the car and was told to DRIVE IT.          It is comical how "some of U" poo poo AL's work last season.      He was simply SENSATIONAL when the MONEY was on the table.      

Dude as a rookie last year.    and had the greatest rookie season of any ever.

Time will weed out the contenders from the pretenders.  . ..    

Russel Wilson is a great QB and a great game manager....... :dancing:

Provide a link for the Parcells quote please...

and as far as Simms.....  he has publicly ate CROW over it...       He is officially on the bandwagon now.

Ha!!! Everyone hates to agree with me and some take some real leaps to avoid it..... :dancing:

It's not laughable. It's an opinion. A biased opinion just as yours is. There's no right answer for who the better player is. Just people's preferences.

My "laughable" comment was not based on him believing Peyton is the greatest player of his generation, I know many believe that and I respect that, but the fact that he switched the debate from Manning's playoff loss to the best player argument. My comment about Brady being the best of his generation was also my opinion which he decided to single out. That was my point.

Luck over Matty Ice and Flacco? Please....... :dancing:

I'd say he is slightly better than Matty Ice (his athleticism gives him the edge) and I would gladly take Luck over Flacco.  Flacco has a really good offensive line, had a strong WR corp, a good running game, and a good defense.  Luck had a solid WR corp and a decent defense and still put up better numbers.

You continually say don't make excuses for Luck's TO's but then you turn around and say his 11 wins were based on luck. You are not very consistent in your argument against him and you fail miserably at seeing his intangibles which are off the chart. Funny though you don't have the same issue with Peyton...

You continually say don't make excuses for Luck's TO's but then you turn around and say his 11 wins were based on luck. You are not very consistent in your argument against him and you fail miserably at seeing his intangibles which are off the chart. Funny though you don't have the same issue with Peyton...

There is no comparison between Luck and Manning. Perhaps someday there will be but that day isn't here yet and it may never come. I know what Luck fans favorite word is because it starts most of their sentences. "But....."  :dancing:

and as far as Simms.....  he has publicly ate CROW over it...       He is officially on the bandwagon now.

I am not going to search the internet for a year old quote. Do your own research. I think they were both right then and will be shown to be more so this coming year..... :dancing:

I'd say he is slightly better than Matty Ice (his athleticism gives him the edge) and I would gladly take Luck over Flacco.  Flacco has a really good offensive line, had a strong WR corp, a good running game, and a good defense.  Luck had a solid WR corp and a decent defense and still put up better numbers.

I would say that he isn't even close to Matty Ice and that he never will be...... :dancing:

http://profootballzone.com/nfl/bill-parcells-not-sold-on-andrew-luck/

I am neither endorsing nor not endorsing what this article is saying, so don't flame me, I am merely providing the link you wanted lol

Flacco has a much stronger arm and doesn't underthrow is receivers on long routes nor throw behind receivers on short routes. Flacco has won the big one and Luck may never even make it to that game..... :dancing:

Finally you got ONE thing correct....    Wilson is a "great game manager" ...     He has a top 5 D, and a top 5 rushing attack.      He is not asked to much more.         

Luck on the other hand was simply given the keys to the car and was told to DRIVE IT.          It is comical how "some of U" poo poo AL's work last season.      He was simply SENSATIONAL when the MONEY was on the table.      

Dude as a rookie last year.    and had the greatest rookie season of any ever.

Time will weed out the contenders from the pretenders.  . ..    

He had the greatest rookie season ever? I would say that RGIII won that hands down. You can't have the greatest rookie season every when you are the 30th or lower rated QB in the entire NFL. I thought RGIII, Wilson and RGIII's rookie running back were all ahead of Mr. Luck.  :dancing:

I don't need to make excuses, and furthermore I find your post ridiculous. I was watching the Colts play last year, Not sure what team you were watching.

Well, then did you notice you were watching the NFL leader in turnovers, one of lowest rated QBs in the game and one of the lowest completion percentages in the league. I'll bet you start saying "but" right about now.... :dancing:

The Broncos probably.

I certainly did but if the Colts were playing at the same time, I recorded that game and watched right after the Bronco's game..... I'll bet there are a lot of Colts fans who did that..... :dancing:

Of course you won't because it is NOT there.....     Well kinda it is ...  Bill said "not so fast on AL being the first overall pick"    That is about it ... 

OH>>...  and bye the way...   Didn't the Tuna pass on Matt Ryan for Jake Long?

heehee...     nuff said...

I am not going to search the internet for a year old quote. Do your own research. I think they were both right then and will be shown to be more so this coming year..... :dancing:

As soon as Andrew Luck starts doing well next season. I bet we won't see much of it.

If he does really well, you will see a lot of it and and admission that I was wrong. But I rather doubt that will happen. Leopards don't often change their spots. He isn't going to add the ten yards of arm strength that he lacks or start reading defenses and getting the team into the right plays.   :dancing:

Well, then did you notice you were watching the NFL leader in turnovers, one of lowest rated QBs in the game and one of the lowest completion percentages in the league. I'll bet you start saying "but" right about now.... :dancing:

LOL,

I can't even take you seriously. You do know that Mark Sanchez led the league in turnovers right? Also Drew Brees and Tony Romo both had more INT than Luck last season.

6 other starting QB's had a worse rating, His completion percentage was low, but who cares when you throw for 4,374 yards, and have a league best 7 game winning drives, win 11 games and take your team on your back to the post season, all as a Rookie!

Oh please accept my apology I was clearly out of line. :rollseyes:

I certainly did but if the Colts were playing at the same time, I recorded that game and watched right after the Bronco's game..... I'll bet there are a lot of Colts fans who did that..... :dancing:

No, because those are called Broncos fans.

LOL,

I can't even take you seriously. You do know that Mark Sanchez led the league in turnovers right? Also Drew Brees and Tony Romo both had more INT than Luck last season.

6 other starting QB's had a worse rating, His completion percentage was low, but who cares when you throw for 4,374 yards, and have a league best 7 game winning drives, win 11 games and take your team on your back to the post season, all as a Rookie!

Oh please accept my apology I was clearly out of line. :rollseyes:

Look again. Luck had 18 interceptions and 9 passing fumbles and one rushing fumble.... One more than Sanchez. Luck was the 26th rated QB in the NFL. If you think that will all change, good luck with that. Expect it to get even worse..... :dancing:

Look again. Luck had 18 interceptions and 9 passing fumbles and one rushing fumble.... One more than Sanchez. Luck was the 26th rated QB in the NFL. If you think that will all change, good luck with that. Expect it to get even worse..... :dancing:

I looked again.... your still wrong.

Mark Sanchez - 14 fumbles lost 8

http://www.nfl.com/player/marksanchez/79858/profile

Andrew Luck - 10 Fumbles lost 5

http://www.nfl.com/player/andrewluck/2533031/profile

They both had 18 INT.