Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

AFC South $5 million and up club

HtownColt

I think your being too generous to CJ..... I think 98% would rather Foster..... Maybee they Jets rather have CJ so he could play QB

Exactly. Foster has been considered the top or at least in the top three RBs for the past few years. CJ? I don't think so.

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

TDs help teams win games. That explains why the Texans went to the playoffs and won and the Titans didn't, especially with their team relying on the running game to take them places.

Vick Ballard averaged 4.0 yards per carry behind one of the worst O-lines in the league. Foster averaged 4.1 behind a line with 3 pro bowlers. He was pretty good in 2010 and solid in 2011, but he was extremely mediocre last season.

Vick Ballard averaged 4.0 yards per carry behind one of the worst O-lines in the league. Foster averaged 4.1 behind a line with 3 pro bowlers. He was pretty good in 2010 and solid in 2011, but he was extremely mediocre last season.

Again, the right side of our line was not the same, despite how many Pro Bowlers we had. We also suffered injuries to our line at points in the season. Ballard only averaged 3.9 too, actually. Just below 4.0 lol but that does speak to the fact that maybe Ballard is better than some give him credit for. It also helps that his coach had the QB airing the ball 50 times a game and thus opening the run game.

Again, the right side of our line was not the same, despite how many Pro Bowlers we had. We also suffered injuries to our line at points in the season. Ballard only averaged 3.9 too, actually. Just below 4.0 lol but that does speak to the fact that maybe Ballard is better than some give him credit for. It also helps that his coach had the QB airing the ball 50 times a game and thus opening the run game.

Your O-line was top 7 in the league. I don't care how bad the right side was. 3 Pro-Bowlers from one unit is more than some teams can say about their entire roster.

Ballard average 4.0 YPC in his starts, which was what I was counting.

Your O-line was top 7 in the league. I don't care how bad the right side was. 3 Pro-Bowlers from one unit is more than some teams can say about their entire roster.

Ballard average 4.0 YPC in his starts, which was what I was counting.

Well good thing we're actually upgrading on that side then. If Foster can do what he did with the top 7 o-line and a depleted right side, along with a hurting hamstring, then I hope he can do even better with Eric Winston back in the line-up. And Ballard is a rookie, we will have to wait and see how he does this year. Like I said, 12 chucking the ball on every down helped set up the run game. It's only natural.

Well good thing we're actually upgrading on that side then. If Foster can do what he did with the top 7 o-line and a depleted right side, along with a hurting hamstring, then I hope he can do even better with Eric Winston back in the line-up. And Ballard is a rookie, we will have to wait and see how he does this year. Like I said, 12 chucking the ball on every down helped set up the run game. It's only natural.

Foster actually averaged more YPC to the right side than he did to the left side.

Foster actually averaged more YPC to the right side than he did to the left side.

Interesting. Guy is just that good then haha He did have a hammy that may have been tweaked, but he fought on and played all 16 games. That might have had something to do with his YPC too.

Interesting. Guy is just that good then haha He did have a hammy that may have been tweaked, but he fought on and played all 16 games. That might have had something to do with his YPC too.

So Ballard had a broke fingernail..... and he still ran it down the Texans throat for ummm 9:26 on the last drive in LOS. He had to fight through that injury but he did and, and ummm lol. :number1:

No wonder we're always near the bottom of the rush defense category. How do you stop Foster, Johnson, MJD on a consistent basis?

Johnson always played terrible against us TBH. He averages 3.6 yards per carry against us over his career. 

Foster and MJD always tear us up, averaging 6.6 and 5.4 yards against us. Respectively.

Why is Cherilus the highest paid O lineman in the division?

He's not. He's the highest on this (entirely arbitrary and meaningless) list because he has a front loaded contract. I believe Andy Levitre is the highest paid lineman in the division, with a yearly average of $7.8m.*

Cherilus drops off this (entirely arbitrary and meaningless) list in 2014 with a $3m cap hit.

*Edit: That highest paid distinction goes to Duane Brown, actually, with a yearly average of $8.02m.

Edited by Superman

He's not. He's the highest on this (entirely arbitrary and meaningless) list because he has a front loaded contract. I believe Andy Levitre is the highest paid lineman in the division, with a yearly average of $7.8m.

Cherilus drops off this (entirely arbitrary and meaningless) list in 2014 with a $3m cap hit.

The list was made to compare how many players on each team and in different divisions are making $5mil or more this year,

The list was made to compare how many players in different divisions are making $5mil or more this year,

What benefit is there to that information?

Have at it; it doesn't bother me. But it leads to people asking questions like "why is Cherilus the highest paid lineman in the division" when he's really not. It ignores the structure of the contract. It has relatively little to do with the overall cap space of each team. I just find it misleading and irrelevant.

What benefit is there to that information?

Have at it; it doesn't bother me. But it leads to people asking questions like "why is Cherilus the highest paid lineman in the division" when he's really not. It ignores the structure of the contract. It has relatively little to do with the overall cap space of each team. I just find it misleading and irrelevant.

That's because it's not about cap space, it's just a list showing people's cap hit over $5mil, it's not misleading when it specifically says cap hit for 2013 just 2013. Nothing misleading about it you are just looking at the bigger picture

So Ballard had a broke fingernail..... and he still ran it down the Texans throat for ummm 9:26 on the last drive in LOS. He had to fight through that injury but he did and, and ummm lol. :number1:

He was channeling his inner Arian Foster.

Ballard's college film actually reminds me a lot of Arian Foster. It didn't show up all that much last season, but that's who I had compared him to going into the draft.

Yep. You guys might have found yourselves a gem in the fifth round.

Johnson is better than Foster though.

Maybe... its a good debate between these two, but its apples and oranges... They are very different backs.. Foster had a better Line to run behind and a much better team the last two years... I'd give Johnson the edge, by a hair, in the talent department, but only because he is lightening-quick..

I can tell you that I'd much rather have Foster in Indy than Johnson...  Foster is a smart dude and his attitude is much more locker room friendly... Johnson is a blur... he's one of the most talented backs in the league, but he is a hold out waiting to happen and he whines about touches...

I'd take Foster or MJD over CJ in a heartbeat if I were a GM in the NFL, but I'd take Johnson in Madden (I don't actually know their Madden stats, just for illustrative purposes)

The fact that the Texans had 3 Pro-Bowlers is kind of a worthless barometer, as it's just a popularity contest.  Also, Vince Young was a Pro Bowl quarterback.

Yeah, because everybody knows who Wade Smith and Chris Myers are. :facepalm:   They deserved their trip, and Duane Brown certainly deserved it.

TIL 4.5 YPC is a decline in prodcution. Foster has been the one declining. His YPC has gone down every year he's been a starter.

That's cause teams are game planning for him. The Texans have NO ONE outside of Foster. Schuab is an average QB & Andre Johnson is suffering from Schuab's poor play. AJ still puts up nice numbers, but they could be a lot better with a better QB

That's cause teams are game planning for him. The Texans have NO ONE outside of Foster. Schuab is an average QB & Andre Johnson is suffering from Schuab's poor play. AJ still puts up nice numbers, but they could be a lot better with a better QB

Who do the Titans have outside of CJ? Jake Locker and Nate Washington? Give me Schaub + Johnson any day of the week over those 2.

TIL 4.5 YPC is a decline in prodcution. Foster has been the one declining. His YPC has gone down every year he's been a starter. 

He hasn't been wowing me the past few years. Certainly hasn't been the same after his holdout. 

And Qwiz pointed out the disparity of TDs between Foster and CJ.

I could care less about either player because we will beat them when we face both of them  ;)