• C(C+/C/C-)
    • D(D+/D/D-)
    • F

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

C because the Walden deal killed it

and if Whalden comes in and is a run stopping force that the Colts have lacked for years then what? 

This is why I have a problem judging roster aditions till they play.  What looks like a great move on paper might end up being a total bust or what looks like a bad deal on paper might end up being a great one. 

and if Whalden comes in and is a run stopping force that the Colts have lacked for years then what? 

This is why I have a problem judging roster aditions till they play.  What looks like a great move on paper might end up being a total bust or what looks like a bad deal on paper might end up being a great one. 

It's too late for all that. The media have declared the Walden contract to be the worst in the history of American athletics, therefore our entire free agency was a waste.

It's too late for all that. The media have declared the Walden contract to be the worst in the history of American athletics, therefore our entire free agency was a waste.

Yep and I am sure they will be spot on just like us being the worst team in the league last year too :)

I like the moves on paper but I want to see what they can do on the field before I grade them. 

So true thats why I hate it when it seems that all most people and especially the "so called" experts do is  call out our f/a's as a bunch of overpaid nobodys. Those are BOLD statements without seeing how these guys will or will not flourish in our system, in our coaching,  and our schemes. Girgs didnt just watch a you tube video of these guys and say here's your 16million go play..He's one of the best Pro scouts in the game,  He knows what each of these guys can do and how each of these guys will fit in what we are trying to do.  But here's the kicker if the guy(s) dont work out like we thought, those contracts by design ARE CAP FRIENDLY,  THE HIT IS MINIMAL!! meaning either they play right or they dont get all that money thats flashed on the front page of the next to the guys name thats the dirty little secret that the espns, PFTs  and the hot shot bloggers chose to leave out.

I wouldn't say they went THAT far :funny: just that he got significantly more then what he has showed he is worth to this point, What they fail to mention it seems is that little bit of info about if we decide to part with him before the 5th league day on 2014 (which is as much for his off field issues as much as his inconsistent play)

I wouldn't say they went THAT far :funny: just that he got significantly more then what he has showed he is worth to this point, What they fail to mention it seems is that little bit of info about if we decide to part with him before the 5th league day on 2014 (which is as much for his off field issues as much as his inconsistent play)

Well, pardon my hyperbole, as I pardon the media's.

Well, pardon my hyperbole, as I pardon the media's.

Just messin with ya, make light of everyone trying to figure things out in regards to the cap, I just take every figure the media throws out there no matter who they are with a grain of salt, I appreciate all your efforts, you have went much further into it then I ever would (although I have thought about it a time or 3) but I rather not do all the work and be clear off on my figure

Just messin with ya, make light of everyone trying to figure things out in regards to the cap, I just take every figure the media throws out there no matter who they are with a grain of salt, I appreciate all your efforts, you have went much further into it then I ever would (although I have thought about it a time or 3) but I rather not do all the work and be clear off on my figure

I'm not doing very much work. Fx Stryker is updating the lists.

I do like to know what the contracts are for and how they work, not that me knowing matters, but it's interesting to me. Once I started learning the basics, it makes it easier to broaden my base of knowledge and better understand how these contracts actually work.

Biggest thing I've learned over the past year is that initial media reports about contract value and structure are mostly always inaccurate or incomplete. That's apparently because the media gets these details from agents who want to inflate the value of whatever deal they got their client. For instance, Drew Brees' contract isn't guaranteed for $60m, which was originally reported, but once that number is out there, it's too late.

What Grade would you give the Colts for the recent FA moves?

I voted B+ and it would be very difficult for me to ever give an A. Perhaps an A to the Broncos for signing Welker and others (nullified by the silly loss of Dumerville)....... :dancing: