Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Justin Hunter possible target for Colts?

http://walterfootball.com/nfldraftrumormill.php#justinhunter

An interesting statement from this article is that it says a team picking in the mid 20s would be thrilled if he were available. Could that be the Colts? He has as much potential as any WR in this draft and he has excellent size and leaping ability, something we are lacking at the WR position. I wouldnt mind adding him if our coaches feel he is getting back to his elite form. Could be a Randy Moss type of WR if he achieves his potential. I also like the fact that he is a world class long and high jumper!

Our offense would be sick if we added Hunter and another good OG to make the OL better.

I love Justin Hunter.   If we don't sign DHB, I wouldn't be surprised if we drafted a WR in the first. (Unless Cooper or Warmack somehow falls)  My top two are Hunter and Hopkins.

Completely agree with everything you said, other than I would sub Keenan Allen for Hopkins. I think Allen has a bigger upside over Hopkins.

My dream picks for the 1st round are as follows in order of preference...

1- OG Chance Warmack

2- WR Justin Hunter

3- WR Keenan Allen

Completely agree with everything you said, other than I would sub Keenan Allen for Hopkins. I think Allen has a bigger upside over Hopkins.

My dream picks for the 1st round are as follows in order of preference...

1- OG Chance Warmack

2- WR Justin Hunter

3- WR Keenan Allen

I don't think Allen has a bigger upside then Hopkins he's just an inch taller and 5 lb's heavier. Hopkins does everything Allen can do both great route runners but he's also faster and a much better deep threat. Best comparison is Hopkins plays like Roddy White and Allen more like Boldin.

I don't think Allen has a bigger upside then Hopkins he's just an inch taller and 5 lb's heavier. Hopkins does everything Allen can do both great route runners but he's also faster and a much better deep threat. Best comparison is Hopkins plays like Roddy White and Allen more like Boldin.

The reason I think Allen has a higher upside over Hopkins is because he is a bigger mismatch because of his size compared to Hopkins. Hopkins compares to Greg Jennings or Roddy White, while Allen and Hunter compare to someone like AJ Green if they fulfill their potential. Hunter and Allen both have bettter leaping ability to get the tough catch, something we dont have at the WR position right now.

The reason I think Allen has a higher upside over Hopkins is because he is a bigger mismatch because of his size compared to Hopkins. Hopkins compares to Greg Jennings or Roddy White, while Allen and Hunter compare to someone like AJ Green if they fulfill their potential. Hunter and Allen both have bettter leaping ability to get the tough catch, something we dont have at the WR position right now.

Keenan Allen measured in at 6'2 214lbs and Hopkins was 6'1 210lbs. Not that much of a size diffrence and Allen does not compare to Green, Hunter does.

Neither of those guys are in the same league as AJ Green....

Do they have potential yes....but i think Hopkins is the most solid, safe WR pick IMO

Keenan Allen measured in at 6'2 214lbs and Hopkins was 6'1 210lbs. Not that much of a size diffrence and Allen does not compare to Green, Hunter does.

And that's why I said I believe Hunter has the greatest upside of any WR this year if he regains his pre-ACL injury form.

Seems too many teams need to address other areas that have forcasted many top WRs to be available til the 5th and 6th rounds. Not to say a few will be gone earlier. Just don't see us going after a WR until 6th round or later. Most of our roster is set but will need to focus on next years free agent/resigings.

Our first round pick will most likely be DE. Then linebackers with 3/4 picks.

If the signing of DHB doesn't work out and the Colts are still trying for a #2 with size/speed to take the top off the defense,  then I think Hunter is the guy.....

I love Hopkins/Allen/Patton/Woods....   they'd all be solid #2 types...  but I don't they're the explosive type of WR we appear to be looking for.

I'm expecting both Austin and Patterson to be long gone before we pick.

If we take Hunter,  I'm fine with that....  though I think it's possible we could trade back a bit and still get him...  the question would be do we want to gamble on trading back and Hunter still being there??    

My hunch would be yes,  but that's a Wild Guess that I'm pulling out of my.....    well...  you know...

hunter because of his physical stature, but hopkins basically catches anything. hes a bigger boldin imo. i wouldnt mind either wr though.

I admit, that if we draft a WR in the 1st, I want Hunter for the reason that he's a big wideout and it's a change of pace from our normally smaller WR's we always seem to get. Plus, I have seen rumors floating around that the Colts are enamored with Hunter. Could just be a smokescreen, but we'll find out.

I admit, that if we draft a WR in the 1st, I want Hunter for the reason that he's a big wideout and it's a change of pace from our normally smaller WR's we always seem to get. Plus, I have seen rumors floating around that the Colts are enamored with Hunter. Could just be a smokescreen, but we'll find out.

id be happy with us going wr in the first regardless of who we take, but If i had a choice id go hopkins

id be happy with us going wr in the first regardless of who we take, but If i had a choice id go hopkins

Understandable, If I had my choice it would still be a guard, if Warmack or Cooper happened to fall that far, which is highly unlikely.

No guard should be top 15 talent, but teams are desperate for top o-lineman which means they more than likely won't be around when we pick.

teams now a days are more willing to go lineman early. this is a passing league which means you need to protect your qb.

I don't think Chance will still be on the board at number 24 but if he is then the colts will probably pick him because there is still a need at RG so they may try a G in the first round I also may add they might want to try to get a future center that can play the position well not that I have anything against the two the colts have now but they are ok but there is always a need to get better at all the positions and I bet Luck will have a better year than his rookie season.

There hasn't been a guard pick in the top 15 since 2001. If a team doesn't reach then there's a good chance one of those guys fall to us.

mike pouncey was drafted 15th overall if you wanna count a center as a guard