Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Lefeged better than Landry?

lollygagger8

I guess I'm in the minority in that I have really liked what I've seen from Lefeged in his first two years. I'm not sure why everyone is surprised to see Bethea rated so low. He regressed a lot last year, and never was a ballhawking, big hitting, game changer. Just a steady, limit YAC kinda guy. I would not be surprised if next year is Bethea's last year as a Colt, and they start grooming Lefeged to be our future FS.

The article wasn't as bad as everyone's making it out. Weddle, Byrd, Jones, Ward, I can hardly think of a better top 4 from last year.

Joe can fill in from time to time but could not and probably will never be able to carry Landry's jock, As for Lefeged being better then Zbi or not, talent wise I dont think so but I dont see Lefeged quittin the minute he got the starting role either if he would have earned it (which I dont think the position was anywhere near considered up for grabs)

Joe can fill in from time to time but could not and probably will never be able to carry Landry's jock, As for Lefeged being better then Zbi or not, talent wise I dont think so but I dont see Lefeged quittin the minute he got the starting role either if he would have earned it (which I dont think the position was anywhere near considered up for grabs and Zbi probably new that, he was quoted in the past saying he lost his edge in Baltimore when he was given the job) 

http://www.stampedeblue.com/2012/7/30/3201710/tom-zbikowski-i-lost-my-edge-in-baltimore

Ouch!! Article on top rated Safeties.....

Lefeged at #39, and Landry at #40!

Yes, I'm aware it's Bleacher Report, but cmon man!

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1444324-br-nfl-1000-2013-top-75-safeties#/articles/1444324-br-nfl-1000-2013-top-75-safeties/page/18

Bleacher Report also said that Mitt Romney won by a landslide and that DL Hughely could dance...

Even worse.....Bethea and Zibs at #48, and #49!

Just because one guy starts over another doesn't make him the better player. I know that sounds dumb but we all know it's true. Coaches make mistakes, scouts make mistakes, it happens. If Lefeged gave up less yards per attempt into his coverage, missed less tackles, and had more of a positive impact than Landry, then he by definition should be ranked higher.

These rankings aren't based on who has more ability, it's who had a better year. Landry is just a hit or miss kind of guy. He'll give up some plays, and he'll make some big plays that you see on ESPN's top 10. He misses a lot of tackles because he just goes for a big hit....it's just the way he plays, very Bob Sanders-esque. Hopefully he brings the kind of attitude Bob brought to our defense.

Who wouldn't want a SS who is 220 pounds and runs a 4.39 40 roaming the middle of your defense? "top 10" is so subjective. Ratings of players are just nothing but one persons opinion. It's like the old argument who's better Manning or Brady? Who would you rather have, Eli or Big Ben? C'mon get real, Landry is a guy just like any other player who has strengths and weaknesses. He obvioulsly has shown he can play pro bowl caliber football. The other thing is, I think he fits this defense much better than our previous 2 deep zone scheme that we ran 100% of the time. Landry will be used in ways that fit his talents.