Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Lefeged better than Landry?

lollygagger8

I saw that earlier today. Once I saw Zibs made the top 50 I knew it was a joke of a list. Personally I feel Lefeged is better than Zibs but not Bethea. Bethea at 48 is a joke to me. He's much better than that.

EDIT: once I saw it was BR I knew it was a joke of a list. Zibs confirmed it

hahahahahahaha, Lefeged is nowhere near better than Landry.

Landry has proven that if healthy, he's a top 10 pro bowl safety in this league. 

When healthy (and he always is), Lefeged has proven that he's a backup, at best. 

I'm in the minority here....   I don't think Landry is a top-10 safety.   I don't think it's close.   But I still think he's good.

That said....   And I can't say it often enough....

It's Bleacher Report!    It's Bleacher Report!!     It's Bleacher Report!!!!

Whenever you read a sports story on BR,  the first thing you should say to yourself upon completion is....

"There's a couple of minute of my life I'd like to have back!!"

The ONLY exception to the rule is when they have their lists of the Hottest Wives and Girlfriends (WAGS)  Apologies to our female members here...!!  

But that's really BR's only claim to fame.    Otherwise....     :thmdown:      :yuk:      :loco:

I'm in the minority here....   I don't think Landry is a top-10 safety.   I don't think it's close.   But I still think he's good.

That said....   And I can't say it often enough....

It's Bleacher Report!    It's Bleacher Report!!     It's Bleacher Report!!!!

Whenever you read a sports story on BR,  the first thing you should say to yourself upon completion is....

"There's a couple of minute of my life I'd like to have back!!"

The ONLY exception to the rule is when they have their lists of the Hottest Wives and Girlfriends (WAGS)  Apologies to our female members here...!!  

But that's really BR's only claim to fame.    Otherwise....     :thmdown:      :yuk:      :loco:

If your talking all safeties, I would agree. If your talking SS's then I wouldn't agree. He has the talent to definitely be a top 10 SS. After all, there's only 32 starting SS's to begin with.

Ouch!! Article on top rated Safeties.....

Lefeged at #39, and Landry at #40!

Yes, I'm aware it's Bleacher Report, but cmon man!

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1444324-br-nfl-1000-2013-top-75-safeties#/articles/1444324-br-nfl-1000-2013-top-75-safeties/page/18

Even worse.....Bethea and Zibs at #48, and #49!

Lol bleacher report. That's like citing something somebody says here.

I just want to be clear. Lollygager knows his football & he does deserve credit for acknowledging the the Bleacher Report is a piece of crap. He wasn't giving legitimacy to it's journalist claims. He was properly mocking their flawed, misguided conclusions IMO. I see your point Dustin & I agree with you 100% as well. I just am very protective of my friends who are leaps and bounds smarter than I am & I don't want what they actually said taken out of context. That's all. 

I do wonder though. Does being a high school newspaper editor quality a person for a high profile position at this "yellow journalism" institution. I'm just wondering.  haha

If your talking all safeties, I would agree. If your talking SS's then I wouldn't agree. He has the talent to definitely be a top 10 SS. After all, there's only 32 starting SS's to begin with.

If we're talking Strong Safety and not just all safeties,  then I'd likely agree with you.

But, as best I can tell,  my fans here who have been saying Landry is a top-10 safety, have not specified Strong safety.

They've just said Safety.      Perhaps that's not what they meant.    I'm only going by what I've seen here....

Hope that clarifies....

If we're talking Strong Safety and not just all safeties,  then I'd likely agree with you.

But, as best I can tell,  my fans here who have been saying Landry is a top-10 safety, have not specified Strong safety.

They've just said Safety.      Perhaps that's not what they meant.    I'm only going by what I've seen here....

Hope that clarifies....

Yeah I agree that nobody specifies, but SS is the position he plays so that's what I think they mean when they say it. Adding FS's into the conversation and there's no way he's top 10.

If Grigson is wrong on landry , he should really be fired. He saw him twice a year in Philly for 5 years. Don't go by those ridiculous ratings from *s who don't know any moire than the dummies (myself included) that post on this board.

If Grigson is wrong on landry , he should really be fired. He saw him twice a year in Philly for 5 years. Don't go by those ridiculous ratings from . who don't know any moire than the dummies (myself included) that post on this board.

lol

I am not a fan of bleacher report and myself and others have said things like, "I feel dumber after reading that piece from bleacher report.  So I decided to do an experiment.

I was in my home office, I closed the door, turned off the radio, closed all open windows on my computer(except the browser) and took an online IQ test.  I scored a 156.

Then I read a bleacher report blog piece (there is no way anything on BR can qualify as an article.)

After reading the BR blog I immediately took another online IQ test.  I scored a 134.

So, there you have it, scientific proof that reading the BR makes you dumber.

Why do a lot of you have a question about Landry's health? I read that he has started 79 out of 80 game's, does he not Finnish game's? Thank's for any info. on this !!

I'm not one who questions his health but he started 79 out of 80 games played.  He missed significant time in 2010(7 games) and 2011(8 games) because of injuries, ending both seasons on the IR.  That is why some question his health.

Landry can bring to the game what Bob could i see both playing very similar.Problems occur with their violent hits causes them injuries,but as a WR it brings FEAR:)How many here would want to be hit by Bob or Landry going for the ball,even if i had dog training pads on i wouldnt.