Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Pick one top free agent for the colts !

Both Ed Reed and Paul Kruger are 2 guys I could really see the Colts targeting. Freeney shouldnt be back, and we desperately need a 3rd pass rusher at LB. And Bethea needs help at safety and he could play SS while Reed played FS.

If for some reason Jarius Byrd wasnt resigned, I would love to have him here as well. And we need OG Louis Vasquez as well.

Since the thread was just one though I'll go with Ed Reed.

Ryan Clady. He could be Luck's version of Tarik Glenn. Long shot but, that's my #1.

Ryan Clady would be everyone's #1, but unless Elway forgot that his all-star quarterback fairly recently came off of 4 neck surgeries, he'll do anything he can to keep that boy.

Ryan Clady would be everyone's #1, but unless Elway forgot that his all-star quarterback fairly recently came off of 4 neck surgeries, he'll do anything he can to keep that boy.

I did say it was a long shot. Maybe we'll take a shot on Long. Jake that is.

I'm not as big on clady as everyone else I think he tends to be a little on the lazy side he was a beast this year in a contract year

I couldn't disagree more. Clady is a big time player. He was big time BEFORE Peyton landed in Denver.

Buffalo, but not Byrd, Andy Levitre. I would rather use free agency to fix the holes in our OL than defense.

I still say Levitre will not even be on our radar even if Buffalo lets him walk. He is zone blocking lineman and will not fit well in our man blocking scheme. 

Rank Order:

G Vasquez - Chargers

Big, strong, young, and fits well in a man blocking scheme.

T Vollmer - Pats

Positional need, big game experience, one of the best at his position, steal an asset from the enemy.

WR Hartline - Dolphins

Solid year, lack of TD werent about him as much as QB struggling in the red zone, good #2 option

DE/DT Canty - Giants

Can play 3-4 End and 4-3 Tackle, Sits on other side of Redding and our ends look to be solid, big game experience, still solid player

G Moore - Jets

Played great this year despite bad team and being on a bad line, veteran leadership to a newly developing and young unit, experience in a power run offense

Best part about all of these guys is none should break the bank. Vasquez and Moore are only the third and fourth best G's on the market, Vollmer has injury concerns and NE has someone that can step in, Hartline isnt a #1 and so wont need #1 money in a class with Jennings, Bowe, Wallace, and Welker, and Canty is coming off of a decent but not great season and is 30 going to be 31 this season.