Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

So what's everybody's opinion on the New York NFL Teams?

coltsfan_nyc

Just curious how the NFL Teams in my neck of the woods are percieved by the rest of the country! We for some reason have three teams, two that play and practice in New Jersey and one that plays in upstate New York near Canada.

Just to break it down for you, New York City consists of a large urban area that includes Manhattan, long island, the buroughs which are the bronx, brooklyn, queens and staten island.

The New York city area even spills across state lines to northern Jersey which includes Jersey City, west New york (which is in the state of New Jersey for some reason), and other areas in northern Jersey as well.

The Teams

The NY GIANTS- Everybody knows these guys. They seem to have the most fans, they play in the NFC East and have been around since 1925. They are very inconsistant meaning you never know which NY Giants team is going to show up. They can destroy the best team in the NFL one week and lose to a 2-13 team the next. These guys seem to win a superbowl every few years like clock work though.

The NY JETS- I love these guys. They are the problem child of NY football. Brash, arrogant, and out to steal the spotlight from the squeaky clean NY Giants in the number one media market in the ultimate struggle of good vs evil! They're fans are not as numerous but they are the average joes, the construction worker! They will stick by this franchise until it burns to the ground, never swayed by the Giants success!

The Buffalo Bills- The Jet's and Giants rivalry is not of hatred due to being in two different conferences and playing each other every few years. It's more of a turf war then any real hatred. But The Bills are an AFC team in the same division as the Jets and are New York's forgotten team! Ironic because they are the only team to play IN New York....close to Canada but still it's IN New York.

Just wanted to see what the perception is out their of these three teams, that's all. The generalization is The Giants are elite, the Jets are a joke and the Bills are irevellant, removed from the spotlight. But I'm a rebel and I like how the Jets know they suck but still try to knock you out. That rules.

Giants - easy to cheer for because of guys like Coughlin and Eli.  They have done some questionable things (I'm not a fan of former RB Brandon Jacobs and I didn't like the fake injury fiasco), but I still like them.  Doesn't hurt that they beat the Pats in the big game a few times.

Jets - can't stand them.  Rex Ryan is a great strategist, but I don't like his personality.  He is loud, arrogant, and annoying.  Then add Bart Scott's annoying attitude, Cromartie's arrogance, etc. and you have an annoying team that I can't stand.

Bills - I feel bad for their fans.  They have a very loyal fan base, but they haven't been that good in so long.  They have so much potential and loads of talent on that roster, but they need a more consistent QB (Fitz could be the answer, but he is too inconsistent), and coordinators that can get more out of the defense (especially with talent like their entire D-line, Byrd, Gilmore, etc.) and their offense (playcalling was brutal under Gailey, get the ball in the hands of Spiller more often).  I'm cheering for them to make it back to the playoffs.

The Marv Levy days Jim Kelly & the Bills were awesome . Have'nt been relevant since .

The Giants with Eli Manning & Tom Coughlin . Pretty average team that will be looking for a new coach in 2014.

The Jets  I  dislike the coach , He's a side show .   Add Tim Tebow .  Mark Sanchez & a offense that at best might be able to compete with the University of Maine , I can't remember any high lights but I do remember a tatoo story   .

First off my condolences to the faithful . I wish you all the luck in the world as a Colts fan I'v had my share of forgetable seasons , You might want to cancel the NFL Network  .

All joking aside I think Sanchez's confidence is shaken , You guys actually need Drew Stanton back .

well he said that the buffallo bills played in new york but they are called buffallo...isnt buffallo a city? the funny coment was ust humor here in mexico you are not called mexico city gladiators if you stadium is not in mexico :)

Buffalo is in the state of New York.

What is ironic about this though, is that neither the Giants, nor the Jets play in the state of New York. They both play in New Jersey. Buffalo is actually the only team that plays in New York state.

well he said that the buffallo bills played in new york but they are called buffallo...isnt buffallo a city? the funny coment was ust humor here in mexico you are not called mexico city gladiators if you stadium is not in mexico :)

A Bill is a young Buffalo I think. So they're kinda the Buffalo Buffalos. :)

Buffalo is a city in New York State. Not New York City lol.

Buffalo is in the state of New York.

What is ironic about this though, is that neither the Giants, nor the Jets play in the state of New York. They both play in New Jersey. Buffalo is actually the only team that plays in New York state.

lol i see...gotta take some geography lessons 

A Bill is a young Buffalo I think. So they're kinda the Buffalo Buffalos. :)

thought was a calf,  unless thats only a baby one , but I love the name Buffalo Buffalos.  :)

A bill is part of a birds jaw , besides a statement for payment that we all get to much of

or maybe they are the Buffalo Billy Goats , & use bills for short, yet helmut has buffalo after the city at least ( LOL ) 

different-breeds-billy-goats-800x800.jpg

Giants - easy to cheer for because of guys like Coughlin and Eli.  They have done some questionable things (I'm not a fan of former RB Brandon Jacobs and I didn't like the fake injury fiasco), but I still like them.  Doesn't hurt that they beat the Pats in the big game a few times.

Jets - can't stand them.  Rex Ryan is a great strategist, but I don't like his personality.  He is loud, arrogant, and annoying.  Then add Bart Scott's annoying attitude, Cromartie's arrogance, etc. and you have an annoying team that I can't stand.

Bills - I feel bad for their fans.  They have a very loyal fan base, but they haven't been that good in so long.  They have so much potential and loads of talent on that roster, but they need a more consistent QB (Fitz could be the answer, but he is too inconsistent), and coordinators that can get more out of the defense (especially with talent like their entire D-line, Byrd, Gilmore, etc.) and their offense (playcalling was brutal under Gailey, get the ball in the hands of Spiller more often).  I'm cheering for them to make it back to the playoffs.

Wow 21isSuperman, you read my mind word for word.  :thmup:  Brilliant minds think alike...That's my story & I'm sticking to it.  haha  Nice post 21isSuperman! 

I live in NY so here are my opinions,

NY Giants - Poster child team for most of NY, easily the favorite, their fans are diehard, kind of arrogant at times, but overall not too bad.

NY Jets - If you want to root for a NY team, but choose the underdog, you go with the Jets, The fans are the quickest to turn on there team that I have ever seen. When I went to the NYJ vs Colts game this season, everyone within an ear shot of me was calling for Tebow to be in  at QB, and for Greene to be benched, they would get rowdy, but their team sucks and they know it, so they usually stay calm.

Buffalo Bills - No one south of Albany recognizes them as a NY team.

Giants: got a lot of respect for them because of Coughlin/Eli, the fact they're a traditional team, and the fact they seem to enjoy beating the Pats in the SuperBowl.

Jets: tricky this as two good mates of mine are Jets fans...yet they're so hilariously awful as a team. They're tremendous comedy value.

Bills: Don't really care unless they're playing Indy.

NY Giants: I love that team's fantastic pass rush & DE Justin Tuck is an ANIMAL!!!  :rawr: JPP gets all the praise, but Tuck is the bedrock of the defensive front. GM Jerry Reese is spectacular!  :td:

NY Jets: If the owner & HC cared half as much about winning games as they do about headlines, their display case would be overflowing with Vince Lombardi trophies. Train wreck from start to finish.  :wall:

Buffalo: Why the Hades didn't you hire former Bears HC Lovie Smith? :hissy:  :flaming:  :facepalm: Lovie would turn that team around in 4 years & give NE a run for it's competitive money as soon as they find a franchise QB that is...