Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Very Interesting And Maybe Concerning Irsay Tweet

HitStick21

There will b some shocking,dramatic,inspiring,unimaginable things happening n Coltsland the next 18 months...buckle up,stay faithful,BELIEVE

Via JimIrsay on twitter. ^^

Obviously, he has faith we'll win some games, draft well, Peyton will return healthy, etc. But that tweet makes it sound like something amazing is about to happen, or shocking, or dramtic, etc. Not sure how to read into it, so I will not, however, add to the discussion. What could it be?

Off-key; As much as I do not like Incarcarated Bob on Twitter (He breaks "news" that he steals from other venues)... He reports the Colts are going to sign David Garrard to a 1-year deal today and that he is flying into Indy. If that comes true, atleast we get mobility and a *decent* arm until Peyton returns... but does that spell curtains for Painter? Do we carry 3 QB's? What is the world coming too!

do we have money to sign Garrad ?

We gained more cap recentely with revenue expansion which will free up money to sign Reggie/Mathis.

More than likely someone is getting cut however if we sign Garrard OR perhaps Ernie Sims injury was serious and he will be IR'd.

Do we have money? Sure.

Should we spend it after spending $4 million on Kerry? Debateable...

There will b some shocking,dramatic,inspiring,unimaginable things happening n Coltsland the next 18 months...buckle up,stay faithful,BELIEVE

Obviously, he has faith we'll win some games, draft well, Peyton will return healthy, etc. But that tweet makes it sound like something amazing is about to happen, or shocking, or dramtic, etc. Not sure how to read into it, so I will not, however, add to the discussion. What could it be?

Maybe Irsay is just tired of the same ol' excuses and plans on making some wholesale changes after this season.

Will Garrard be an improvement on Collins?

One of the issues with Collins seems to be that he has only had two weeks to learn the playbook and work with the receivers.

Bringing in a new quarterback every time we lose is not going to help with that particular problem. Their quarterback will always be in the process of learning the playbook......

One of the issues with Collins seems to be that he has only had two weeks to learn the playbook and work with the receivers.

Bringing in a new quarterback every time we lose is not going to help with that particular problem. Their quarterback will always be in the process of learning the playbook......

Garrard was #13 ranked QB in league last year. Yes, he'll be an improvement but will need a few weeks. We would have taken him lightyears before Collins if he wasn't just cut last week.

He still has a cannon arm, fairly accurate, and is... MOBILE.

We do not have a perfect line, so we a need a QB who can make a quick read and run if needed (Garrard). Kerry still has pinpoint accuracy, but when you need 6 seconds per throw, our line just will not cut it. So yes, from a QB and total offense perspective, this is a great idea. However, it is in-season so let us see what happens! The sooner, the better if it is to be done.

Adequate, mobile, younger, played in our division...bring him in!

Garrard was #13 ranked QB in league last year. Yes, he'll be an improvement but will need a few weeks. We would have taken him lightyears before Collins if he wasn't just cut last week.

He still has a cannon arm, fairly accurate, and is... MOBILE.

We do not have a perfect line, so we a need a QB who can make a quick read and run if needed (Garrard). Kerry still has pinpoint accuracy, but when you need 6 seconds per throw, our line just will not cut it. So yes, from a QB and total offense perspective, this is a great idea. However, it is in-season so let us see what happens! The sooner, the better if it is to be done.

The problem is, the Jags hosed him by releasing him too late to contribute anywhere else right away!!! Classy move by the Jags!!!

The problem is, the Jags hosed him by releasing him too late to contribute anywhere else right away!!! Classy move by the Jags!!!

Agreed. I refuse to believe he was cut because he was "bad", they just did not want to pay him $8 mil (which I understand). Now do we offer him the same deal Collins got though? Going to be interesting if this happens.

I might be in the minority here, but I'd rather stick with Collins. Garrard has never impressed me in the least and unless he can play DT and actually help stop the run, he isn't gonna help anyway. Its funny how this organization always thinks bringing in another offensive weapon(if you can call Garrard a weapon)is the answer when the obvious problem is defense.

I might be in the minority here, but I'd rather stick with Collins. Garrard has never impressed me in the least and unless he can play DT and actually help stop the run, he isn't gonna help anyway. Its funny how this organization always thinks bringing in another offensive weapon(if you can call Garrard a weapon)is the answer when the obvious problem is defense.

Balz,

Do you think it is inconsitency or terrible personnel that plagues this defense? Last year, dominated in houston... but then come home and DOMINATE NY and then dominate Houston at home towards end of season. This year... Played very inspired D against Green Bay (well, Run D), week 3 of preseason, then get stomped by Houston (Granted, if you take away the Punt Return + the two fumbles by Collins, this D only gave up 13 yesterday (34-21 = 13 pts).

Do we just "turn it on" again like last year at home? Makes a fan angry.

I will wait and see I'd this happens he also said the colts had talked to favre's agent over the weekend and yesterday I read that favre's agent once again said no team had talked to him about favre. He also said moss was going to sign with the colts and didn't happen. He stole jmv's story about manning and is trying to live off that.

I think his tweets are an embarasment to the organization. Your the owner act like one and not some kid with a new toy. If you want to make a statement call in the press and do it. Show some respect for your position.

If you want to shakeup things get rid of Caldwell and bring in Jeff Fisher and let him run the show. The entire show.

I think his tweets are an embarasment to the organization. Your the owner act like one and not some kid with a new toy. If you want to make a statement call in the press and do it. Show some respect for your position.

If you want to shakeup things get rid of Caldwell and bring in Jeff Fisher and let him run the show. The entire show.

I agree with you his tweets are a little childish.. but if you really want to see an embarrassment to his organization.. Come down here to Cincy.

Off-key; As much as I do not like Incarcarated Bob on Twitter (He breaks "news" that he steals from other venues)... He reports the Colts are going to sign David Garrard to a 1-year deal today and that he is flying into Indy. If that comes true, atleast we get mobility and a *decent* arm until Peyton returns... but does that spell curtains for Painter? Do we carry 3 QB's? What is the world coming too!

I dont think so, when he says "18" i think he's talking about the months peyton is gonna be injured.. not that it means 18 months but the months manning is gonna be out is gonna be interesting.. thats all i think it means.

Maybe Irsay is just tired of the same ol' excuses and plans on making some wholesale changes after this season.

That's what I took from it. I think we could see some big names get traded off this season. Possibilities including: Freeney, Wayne, Brackett, Saturday, Addai, and Vinatieri. And maybe finally some coaching changes (fingers crossed).

Balz,

Do you think it is inconsitency or terrible personnel that plagues this defense? Last year, dominated in houston... but then come home and DOMINATE NY and then dominate Houston at home towards end of season. This year... Played very inspired D against Green Bay (well, Run D), week 3 of preseason, then get stomped by Houston (Granted, if you take away the Punt Return + the two fumbles by Collins, this D only gave up 13 yesterday (34-21 = 13 pts).

Do we just "turn it on" again like last year at home? Makes a fan angry.

Its a combination of both, plus the scheme. Our CB's other than Powers are simply not very good and the fact that they are coached to play so far off the reciever don't help. The DT's for whatever reason can not shed their block consistantly and are driven around by the opposing o-line at will. The media always says our DT's are undersized, but Mookie and Moala are both over 300lbs and should not be so easily handled. It has to be more of a coaching thing IMO. Chicago plays the same scheme, their DT's are no bigger than ours and yet they dominate. IMO our coaching on defense simply isn't very good, not to mention they got stuck with the wrong personel on the d-line many times yesterday. Foster should not be playing on running downs and IMO should never play DT to begin with. I've seen this defense be really good just to turn around and be absolutely horrible the next week. That has to come down to preparation and coaching.

Pretty sure since Collins was on the roster yesterday that his salary for this year is now guaranteed. We'd have to pay Kerry, Peyton, Curt, and Garrad? That's a lot of moolah at the QB position. I'd say if Peyton is going to be out the whole season it might be worth bringing him in. If it's really only for 8 weeks, we should ride it out with Kerry until Peyton comes back and runs the table. Did lots a prayin' yesterday so I hope my savior was listening. Stay true fans!!!! GO HORSE!!!!

Yeah, but wouldn't it be hilarious to defeat the Jags twice this season with Garrard at QB?

You know the only thing I can really see Garrard bringing us that Collins doesn't is that he can move on his feet which with the line in the shape it's in might be what we need right now. That's the one reason I wont completely just dismiss the tweet. Still Garrard isn't going to be ready to play for pbably at least three weeks so I don't if it makes that much sense right now unless we want him as a back up which if Collins keeps getting hit this much and this often we might just need.

If Irsay is so up to date w/ modern technology, does anybody know if tonights Pollian radio show will be on a podcast?It never has been befor....(

you are not missing much all he does is spew sarcasm and tell the callers and

fans they really dont know what they are seeing, oh and they are going to get the defense

fixed.

I stopped trying to figure out Jim's tweets a long time ago. He often speaks in a sort of code.

18 months could have been in reference to #18. :dunno:

18 months would take us to Febuary 2013. Perhaps, he is looking forward to SB XLVII and has already chalked off this one.

:dunno:

His latest tweet seems to infer that there may have been a new signing:

Welcome,my son...welcome..2 The Machine......Where have u been??????...That's alright..WE KNOW WHERE YOU'VE BEEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Then again, he could just be welcoming a friend who is coming to Indy that he hasn't seen for many years.

I stopped trying to figure out Jim's tweets a long time ago. He often speaks in a sort of code.

18 months could have been in reference to #18. :dunno:

18 months would take us to Febuary 2013. Perhaps, he is looking forward to SB XLVII and has already chalked off this one.

:dunno:

His latest tweet seems to infer that there may have been a new signing:

Welcome,my son...welcome..2 The Machine......Where have u been??????...That's alright..WE KNOW WHERE YOU'VE BEEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Then again, he could just be welcoming a friend who is coming to Indy that he hasn't seen for many years.

Maybe Pink Floyd is doing the Super Bowl halftime show in Indy! lol

1)We're switching to a 3-4 and it will take 18 months to get all the right personnel.

2)Caldwell's contract is up and we're hiring Bill Cowher to properly run the 3-4.

3)Indy is getting a team for the lingerie football league that will play in Lucas Oil Stadium beginning 18 months from now.

18 months is a long time to keep fans in suspense with a tweet like that. More than likely a coded message for us to try to decipher to take our minds off how bad it is now. lol

1)We're switching to a 3-4 and it will take 18 months to get all the right personnel.

2)Caldwell's contract is up and we're hiring Bill Cowher to properly run the 3-4.

3)Indy is getting a team for the lingerie football league that will play in Lucas Oil Stadium beginning 18 months from now.

18 months is a long time to keep fans in suspense with a tweet like that. More than likely a coded message for us to try to decipher to take our minds off how bad it is now. lol

18 months to move the franchise to the LA market (j/k) :). It will take all the Colts players 18 months to learn Spanish fluently to reach out to the Hispanic market out there. Por favor, senor, keep quiet about it :).