Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Very Interesting And Maybe Concerning Irsay Tweet

HitStick21

I stopped trying to figure out Jim's tweets a long time ago. He often speaks in a sort of code.

18 months could have been in reference to #18. :dunno:

18 months would take us to Febuary 2013. Perhaps, he is looking forward to SB XLVII and has already chalked off this one.

:dunno:

His latest tweet seems to infer that there may have been a new signing:

Welcome,my son...welcome..2 The Machine......Where have u been??????...That's alright..WE KNOW WHERE YOU'VE BEEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Then again, he could just be welcoming a friend who is coming to Indy that he hasn't seen for many years.

It's a Pink Floyd Song - "Welcome to the Machine" Could be he's just listening to Pink Floyd.

There will b some shocking,dramatic,inspiring,unimaginable things happening n Coltsland the next 18 months...buckle up,stay faithful,BELIEVE

Via JimIrsay on twitter. ^^

All these strange Irsay tweets are really starting to get my conspiracy theory imagination going...

Ok 18 months takes us from September 2011 to March 2013. His words are "there will be some shocking, dramatic, inspiring, unimaginable things happening in Coltsland" during this time. He then says buckle up, stay faithful, BELIEVE.

So here is my conspiracy theory...2011 this Colts team is going to be shocking in how bad they are without Peyton. I believe that the Colts are going to be the worst team in the NFL this year. However, Peyton Manning will return and lead us to a few wins late in the season but it won't be enough to keep us from securing the first pick of the upcoming draft. With the #1 the Indianapolis Colts select...Andrew Luck thus securing this franchise's continued viability past the Manning era. This will occur in April 2012. Manning returns the following season and leads the Colts to our second Super Bowl title of the Manning era somewhere around February of 2013. In March 2013, Peyton shocks the world be announcing his retirement leaving the game as a champion and signaling the start of the Andrew Luck era. The spectacle of Manning leaving on top after leading a previously hapless Colts team to a Super Bowl championship also ignites renewed vigor to the sentiment that he is the greatest qb of all time.

Irsay is privy to all this information...somehow. It's like he knows what's going to go down and he is sending out clues. He even went so far as to tweet lyrics from Rihanna's song "Umbrella" where he says something like "storm clouds gathering; change is in the air; but it never rains under my umbrella". He tweeted this just before all of the news about Peyton Manning broke. The last part about it never raining under his umbrella is key in it implies that through all of the turmoil he will come out okay in the end and he knows this. The truth of the matter is the whole Peyton Manning injury saga was orchestated from the beginning! Dun...Dun...Dun!

Why would Irsay know this or be privy to this info? Possibly because like so many other sectors in life, perhaps pro sports isn't entirely always on the up and up. Money and special favors run things and perhaps Irsay is in the know that he, his quarterback, and this franchise stand to be the beneficiaries in the near future of some secret, under the table, shadowy deals made with the so-called "Elites".

So there is my conspiracy theory. It all makes perfect sense now. Sorry Irsay...but all of your Willy Wonka-like tweeting has driven this fan to the brink. lol

All these strange Irsay tweets are really starting to get my conspiracy theory imagination going...

Ok 18 months takes us from September 2011 to March 2013. His words are "there will be some shocking, dramatic, inspiring, unimaginable things happening in Coltsland" during this time. He then says buckle up, stay faithful, BELIEVE.

So here is my conspiracy theory...2011 this Colts team is going to be shocking in how bad they are without Peyton. I believe that the Colts are going to be the worst team in the NFL this year. However, Peyton Manning will return and lead us to a few wins late in the season but it won't be enough to keep us from securing the first pick of the upcoming draft. With the #1 the Indianapolis Colts select...Andrew Luck thus securing this franchise's continued viability past the Manning era. This will occur in April 2012. Manning returns the following season and leads the Colts to our second Super Bowl title of the Manning era somewhere around February of 2013. In March 2013, Peyton shocks the world be announcing his retirement leaving the game as a champion and signaling the start of the Andrew Luck era. The spectacle of Manning leaving on top after leading a previously hapless Colts team to a Super Bowl championship also ignites renewed vigor to the sentiment that he is the greatest qb of all time.

Irsay is privy to all this information...somehow. It's like he knows what's going to go down and he is sending out clues. He even went so far as to tweet lyrics from Rihanna's song "Umbrella" where he says something like "storm clouds gathering; change is in the air; but it never rains under my umbrella". He tweeted this just before all of the news about Peyton Manning broke. The last part about it never raining under his umbrella is key in it implies that through all of the turmoil he will come out okay in the end and he knows this. The truth of the matter is the whole Peyton Manning injury saga was orchestated from the beginning! Dun...Dun...Dun!

Why would Irsay know this or be privy to this info? Possibly because like so many other sectors in life, perhaps pro sports isn't entirely always on the up and up. Money and special favors run things and perhaps Irsay is in the know that he, his quarterback, and this franchise stand to be the beneficiaries in the near future of some secret, under the table, shadowy deals made with the so-called "Elites".

So there is my conspiracy theory. It all makes perfect sense now. Sorry Irsay...but all of your Willy Wonka-like tweeting has driven this fan to the brink. lol

What an epic theory. I'd support it although I'd rather see Manning go Back2Back and THEN hand the keys to Luck. It helps we sent our scouting personnel to go see him play Duke this weekend (Made news all over). Why scout a player you'll never be bad enough to "reach". Hrmm. Unless like others said, we trade a big name (Mathis + 1st) to move up etc. Who knows, can't wait! (Bart Scott Voice)

I might be in the minority here, but I'd rather stick with Collins. Garrard has never impressed me in the least and unless he can play DT and actually help stop the run, he isn't gonna help anyway. Its funny how this organization always thinks bringing in another offensive weapon(if you can call Garrard a weapon)is the answer when the obvious problem is defense.

I am as mifed as you on why we cant stop the run, its been 10 plus years of horrible run defense, I really dont get it. I have played football and understand the game. I have shifted blame from players to coaches back and forth. At this point its sickening to watch. We've went through multiple coaches and countless players to fit a cover 2 scheme, why is it so hard for our team to play good defense? Why cant we stop the run? :scratch: :slaphead: :argh: and every other face to describe my feelings :censored:

What an epic theory. I'd support it although I'd rather see Manning go Back2Back and THEN hand the keys to Luck. It helps we sent our scouting personnel to go see him play Duke this weekend (Made news all over). Why scout a player you'll never be bad enough to "reach". Hrmm. Unless like others said, we trade a big name (Mathis + 1st) to move up etc. Who knows, can't wait! (Bart Scott Voice)

Irsay has no crystal ball. Alot will depend on how Manning progresses from this surgery. NO ONE knows if or when he will come back, if ever.

Also, could we afford Manning AND Luck?

The 18 months number is odd tho. Remember the last time Irsay mentioned a "big announcement"? Wasn't it free tickets or something to a game.

I take everything he says with a POUND of salt, not a grain.

The timing (18 months) near the draft is odd tho.

Just looked at it again. He said "in the next 18 months" , not "18 months from now".

everybody is jumping on the wrong band wagon here it was the defense that gave up to many points for us to win,and special teams. it doesnt matter if its Manning back there or who it is if everytime a reciever on the other team catches a pass and there is no defender close enough to them to be in the same picture on the tv screen thats a defensive problem. are defenders were never there with there recievers they couldnt stop the run, or the pass. the special teams gave up a kick return for one touchdown and pat Mcaffee barley made enough of a takle to get help and get the guy down on the first kickreturn. are whole kickoff team was on only one side of the field everytime instead of playthe whole field and keeping everything contained. Garrard is not worth anything and hopefully not coming here. Its strangeyour complaining about Collins having a fumble and one mishandled snap. the fumble came when he took two steps away from center and got smashed by a 300 pound man that was not blocked anyone would have probably fumbled there and the mishandled snap his index finger on his left hand was pointing sideways we can say that one was his fault. i have seen garrard fumble and get the ball stripped plenty of times when Freeny or Mathis got to him so i dont see the point there. Collins has plenty of arm strenght and accuracy maybe he cant scramble but honestly neither can manning if you want to lay blame on this loss lay it were it belongs defense,special teams, and coaching staff. Collie caught a pass in the endzone but did not grag his toe or that would have been a touchdown and Garcon dropped a pass that hit him in the hands instride at the two yard line wich would have been a touchdown also

Irsay has no crystal ball. Alot will depend on how Manning progresses from this surgery. NO ONE knows if or when he will come back, if ever.

The 18 months number is odd tho. Remember the last time Irsay mentioned a "big announcement"? Wasn't it free tickets or something to a game.

Just looked at it again. He said "in the next 18 months" , not "18 months from now".

18 months...18 also is Peyton's number... Dun...Dun...Dun!

Agreed, what I posted in regards to "next 18 months", people just ran with their own ideas =).

He has ticket give aways all the time, but he has tipped off every, single big Colts piece atleast a few days before announcement. I wonder what he "sees" in the future that makes him confident. I'm going with trade/release or a signing in our future. We do keep looking at receivers btw, Donnie Avery was just in Indy.

everybody is jumping on the wrong band wagon here it was the defense that gave up to many points for us to win,and special teams. it doesnt matter if its Manning back there or who it is if everytime a reciever on the other team catches a pass and there is no defender close enough to them to be in the same picture on the tv screen thats a defensive problem. are defenders were never there with there recievers they couldnt stop the run, or the pass. the special teams gave up a kick return for one touchdown and pat Mcaffee barley made enough of a takle to get help and get the guy down on the first kickreturn. are whole kickoff team was on only one side of the field everytime instead of playthe whole field and keeping everything contained. Garrard is not worth anything and hopefully not coming here. Its strangeyour complaining about Collins having a fumble and one mishandled snap. the fumble came when he took two steps away from center and got smashed by a 300 pound man that was not blocked anyone would have probably fumbled there and the mishandled snap his index finger on his left hand was pointing sideways we can say that one was his fault. i have seen garrard fumble and get the ball stripped plenty of times when Freeny or Mathis got to him so i dont see the point there. Collins has plenty of arm strenght and accuracy maybe he cant scramble but honestly neither can manning if you want to lay blame on this loss lay it were it belongs defense,special teams, and coaching staff. Collie caught a pass in the endzone but did not grag his toe or that would have been a touchdown and Garcon dropped a pass that hit him in the hands instride at the two yard line wich would have been a touchdown also

Collie was indeed debateable;

Garcon was over-thrown when he was wide open running into the End Zone. That was a horrible overthrow that should've been put right into Garcons hands as he walks into the Endzone, however, Kerry was moving up in the pocket to avoid the rush.

When it comes to defense, sure, they played BAD, but from a fan perspective, try not to blame the 21 points they gave up via turnovers + ST against them. If you take away Kerrys two fumbles that led to TD's with 15 yards to go, after the D had been out there all 1st quarter, and the Punt Return, the D only gave up 13. I can live with 13 (Granted they more than likely would have given up 20-23 atleast by the end of the game... again, I'll live with that).

So while they're bad, they are not all to blame. We failed in every aspect of football yesterday. Offense cannot protect, defense shows up "when they want", ST just needs to give up and hold their heads in shame.

BUT, we ran the ball well when needed! There was an improvement!

When it comes to defense, sure, they played BAD, but from a fan perspective, try not to blame the 21 points they gave up via turnovers + ST against them. If you take away Kerrys two fumbles that led to TD's with 15 yards to go, after the D had been out there all 1st quarter, and the Punt Return, the D only gave up 13. I can live with 13 (Granted they more than likely would have given up 20-23 atleast by the end of the game... again, I'll live with that).

I'm sorry but I have to disagree. The only thing the 2 fumbles did was cut the Texan rushing yards by about 80.

Really, just stick with what we have for now. There is noone that is going to come in here and change the out come of this season. Even if Peyton comes back, which he better not, this season is over. Sorry if that makes people mad or upset. Hang it up. Enjoy the football season. But the colts season is over. quit wasting money. if you want to spend money then use it at other positions for next year and do some trades to upgrade the defense and oline. this team and the fans need to let this season go. start building for next year now.

Collie was indeed debateable;

Garcon was over-thrown when he was wide open running into the End Zone. That was a horrible overthrow that should've been put right into Garcons hands as he walks into the Endzone, however, Kerry was moving up in the pocket to avoid the rush.

So while they're bad, they are not all to blame. We failed in every aspect of football yesterday. Offense cannot protect, defense shows up "when they want", ST just needs to give up and hold their heads in shame.

BUT, we ran the ball well when needed! There was an improvement!

The Garcon pass was a product of timing, it'll come just give him time. There are a lot of people to blame for yesterday, including Collins, spread the blame around like it should be.

Meh, it's hard to tell with Crazy Jim. For all we know he could simply be referring to him getting new carpet for his office or something else like that...

I doubt we sign Garrard. We paid to make Collins the man if Peyton can't go. Peyton can't go, Collins is the man. No one at QB is an upgrade over anyone... Even Peyton would be fighting to make plays behind our O-line... It's hard to do anything when there are defenders behind the line before the second step of the QB's drop back.

Its a combination of both, plus the scheme. Our CB's other than Powers are simply not very good and the fact that they are coached to play so far off the reciever don't help. The DT's for whatever reason can not shed their block consistantly and are driven around by the opposing o-line at will. The media always says our DT's are undersized, but Mookie and Moala are both over 300lbs and should not be so easily handled. It has to be more of a coaching thing IMO. Chicago plays the same scheme, their DT's are no bigger than ours and yet they dominate. IMO our coaching on defense simply isn't very good, not to mention they got stuck with the wrong personel on the d-line many times yesterday. Foster should not be playing on running downs and IMO should never play DT to begin with. I've seen this defense be really good just to turn around and be absolutely horrible the next week. That has to come down to preparation and coaching.

When they drafted Nevis and brought in Harris, I thought we were finally seeing the last of Foster at DT (maybe a move to DE?)...but no, he's playing more than ever at DT :facepalm:

I might be in the minority here, but I'd rather stick with Collins. Garrard has never impressed me in the least and unless he can play DT and actually help stop the run, he isn't gonna help anyway. Its funny how this organization always thinks bringing in another offensive weapon(if you can call Garrard a weapon)is the answer when the obvious problem is defense.

I agree, the difference between the first and second half makes it clear that given a little time Collins will do the job and if they pay for Gerrard, it would be tough to keep 3 QBs active so what would happen to the development of Painter, the Colts need someone to take over a few years down the road when Peyton eventually does retire so what then?

I think Irsay has been hitting the sauce a little early.

I have to defend Irsay here. I'm quite certain he's a fully recovered alcoholic and also overcame a pain killer addiction, so referencing "hitting the sauce again" is a low blow and tasteless. I'll give you the benefit of the doubt that you didn't know that about him. A reference to anything else equating to his antics would be acceptable..........ie he's going "willy wonka" again.

I think his tweets are an embarasment to the organization. Your the owner act like one and not some kid with a new toy. If you want to make a statement call in the press and do it. Show some respect for your position.

If you want to shakeup things get rid of Caldwell and bring in Jeff Fisher and let him run the show. The entire show.

I for 1 would like to see Fischer brought in.Not so much a knock on Caldwell just think we need a attitude change.

Sounds like he plans on pulling a Mike Ditka in order to get Luck.

I doubt that very much. If we are inpoistion to get Luck we will if we aren't we wont. Polian has spent his whole career building teams threw the draft those things are like gold to him he's not going to give up a bunch of them to get one player.

On 3rd n long i have no problem with him at DT, but on early downs I dont get it.

It's simple, really... All part of Polian's scheme... See, by playing Foster at DT he's making us think to ourselves "Gee, Moala really didn't look so bad" and then we'll think he was a genius for drafting Moala.

It just makes sense...

Updates from Jim

JimIrsayJim Irsay

Peyton's gonna heal n have 3 or 4 years of a final period of greatness,we're gonna host an amazing Sup Bow,we're gonna improve n play better

3 hours ago

»

JimIrsayJim Irsay

Seering about "dramatic,inspiring" events n 18 months,it's excitement n opportunity n the face of adversity..we'll stick 2gether n fight on!

3 hours agoFavoriteRetweetReply

Updates from Jim

JimIrsayJim Irsay

Peyton's gonna heal n have 3 or 4 years of a final period of greatness,we're gonna host an amazing Sup Bow,we're gonna improve n play better

3 hours ago

»

JimIrsayJim Irsay

Seering about "dramatic,inspiring" events n 18 months,it's excitement n opportunity n the face of adversity..we'll stick 2gether n fight on!

3 hours agoFavoriteRetweetReply

I am lost as to why Irsay speaks on Twitter in 12 year old girl language.

HAHAHAHA I have always wondered the same thing! He is a professional, you would think he could convey the same messages in a cleaner way. Maybe he purposefully does it to even further confuse us..

Yep, strange days in Colts land....

We've gone from a rock solid lock at QB and a GM who won't divulge the slightest detail about front office business....

....to a couple of ham sandwiches at QB and an owner who comes across with his tweets sounding like Timothy Leary.

There will b some shocking,dramatic,inspiring,unimaginable things happening n Coltsland the next 18 months...buckle up,stay faithful,BELIEVE

Via JimIrsay on twitter. ^^

Obviously, he has faith we'll win some games, draft well, Peyton will return healthy, etc. But that tweet makes it sound like something amazing is about to happen, or shocking, or dramtic, etc. Not sure how to read into it, so I will not, however, add to the discussion. What could it be?

Off-key; As much as I do not like Incarcarated Bob on Twitter (He breaks "news" that he steals from other venues)... He reports the Colts are going to sign David Garrard to a 1-year deal today and that he is flying into Indy. If that comes true, atleast we get mobility and a *decent* arm until Peyton returns... but does that spell curtains for Painter? Do we carry 3 QB's? What is the world coming too!

The only unimaginable thing I can see is that Manning is done for life. I hope that's not what the tweet is getting at.