Baltimore @ Denver Gametime.

IcEWoLF

• Replies 414
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ik that but the game should never went to ot

Peyton made a terrible decision at the end of the game, but the rest of the game was one of his better playoff games. NO turnovers and three touchdowns. I guess we could blame him for putting things in the refs' less than capable hands though.

Peyton made a terrible decision at the end of the game, but the rest of the game was one of his better playoff games. NO turnovers and three touchdowns. I guess we could blame him for putting things in the refs' less than capable hands though.

He had 2 TO before that. Though one should have been PI...

This game is going to give Patriots fans more ammo to use against Manning, and I'm tired of making excuses for Manning. Brady is now the #1 QB in my eyes. Peyton can't do squat in the playoffs despite several clutch opportunities he didn't deliver on.

I mean seriously, Manning? Your team gave you a ST TD and you still screw the pooch. No more excuses.

As for John Elway, you do NOT deserve any awards for bringing in just one player. Instead, rethink your defense, because it didn't count where it mattered most. Colts defense played better on the road than Denver's did at home.

So now that we have that out of the way, Peyton Manning had zero actual turnovers up until the really extra terrible decision that was that last pass.

Similar to the Saints Superbowl, and sadly, that last INT of Peyton's will again be another reason haters says he chokes.

Manning, if you're going to throw an INT, throw it early, NOT with one of your final passes of the game!

This game is going to give Patriots fans more ammo to use against Manning, and you know what, I'm tired of making excuses for Manning. Brady is now the #1 QB in my eyes, and Peyton can't do squat in the playoffs despite having several clutch opportunities he didn't deliver on.

I mean seriously, Manning? Your team gave you a ST TD and you still screw the pooch. No more excuses.

As for John Elway, you do NOT deserve any awards for bringing in just one player. Instead, rethink your defense, because it didn't count where it mattered most. Colts defense played better on the road than Denver's did at home.

I do think that pick in OT was a very bad throw that never should have been made.  However, I would put more of the loss on the very poor showing by the Denver D.  Poor coverage and poor scheme, Fox knows that Flacco throws to his right best and yet they did a very bad job of shifting to that side in key situations.  The result was either TDs or first downs.

Similar to the Saints Superbowl, and sadly, that last INT of Peyton's will again be another reason haters says he chokes.

Manning, if you're going to throw an INT, throw it early, NOT with one of your final passes of the game!

Common denominators between this game and that SB. Bad, conservative coaching, bad defense, dropped passes, and a game ending interception.

I will rooting for the ravens three rest of the way

Flacco played a heck of a game and a whole lot of Ravens haven't won a SB including Ed Reed. I'll root for them if they win the AFCCG.

I don't dislike Ray but I'm sick of the 'win one for ray' hype and the above mentioned Bettis hype and the Saints hype.

Thomas drop at the end of the half. Pierre drop at the end of the half.

When it happened I thought it was the SB all over.

Yep. At least in the SB we were playing a team that normally scores a lot of points and our defense was supposed to be bad. Denver's "vaunted" defense schooled by the Ravens on three long pass plays. That's pretty sickening.

Seriosuly...go for it with 38 seconds and two time outs on your side of the field...especially when Peyton has the post-season record he does.

That was one of the most pathetic things I've ever seen. They needed only a flipping FG.

I HOPE Fox takes a TON of flak for that. I don't even think Jim Caldwell would've been that bad.

Peyton will always be remembered as a slightly less INT prone Brett Favre. 1-1 in SBs, threw picks in playoff games and regular season games plenty. This one last pick was like the Brett Favre pick throwing across his body to Tracy Porter in the NFCCG, this time Peyton threw across his body to Stokely and gave a short field to the Ravens again.

Where as Eli and Brady take sacks instead of fumbling or throwing INTs, Peyton throws INTs. Big difference in field position. Remember how Eli attempted about 50 plus throws, got hit so much vs the 49ers, took a lot of sacks, he still did not throw a pick. Picks get magnified in the playoffs, BIG TIME.

That was one of the most pathetic things I've ever seen. They needed only a flipping FG.

I HOPE Fox takes a TON of flak for that. I don't even think Jim Caldwell would've been that bad.

I probably would have liked this a few more times if it would have let me.

The excuses are already rampant. He had the 2nd best defense in the NFL, his ST spotted him 14 points and he still goes one and done. 

Well the same thing could happen to your Pat tomorrow so don't break your arm patting yourself on the back yet.   On any given Sunday and the Texans want revenge just like the Ravens did.  Do I need to remind you that the last 2 SB's that the Pats went to they lost to the same QB. :)  Enough said on my part. ;)

Well the same thing could happen to your Pat tomorrow so don't break your arm patting yourself on the back yet.   On any given Sunday and the Texans want revenge just like the Ravens did.  Do I need to remind you that the last 2 SB's that the Pats went to they lost to the same QB. :)  Enough said on my part. ;)

I'm not. Fully expecting it to be a tough game. Difference is, if Brady costs us the game, I'll admit it. You won't find me looking for a scapegoat unless the defense gives up 50 points or something. 

I'm not. Fully expecting it to be a tough game. Difference is, if Brady costs us the game, I'll admit it. You won't find me looking for a scapegoat unless the defense gives up 50 points or something. 

As opposed to 38 points to the Ravens? At least the Texas are supposed to score a lot of points. What if Brady plays a relatively good game, but the refs call two non-existent turnovers against him or Belichick decides to be a bad coach (I can't imagine this ever happening for more than a play or two).

Manning does not deserve the ultimate blame for this loss nor does he deserve for this to be lumped in as a "bad playoff performance." He made a bad decision after the rest of the team screwed everything else up.

I'm not patting Peyton on the back but that was a team loss and not just Peyton's fault. I think Fox's play calling was horrible and as much as I hate to say it Caldwell called a pretty game. It's a shame he couldn't have done that with the Colts. JMO of course. :)

I'm not patting Peyton on the back but that was a team loss and not just Peyton's fault. I think Fox's play calling was horrible and as much as I hate to say it Caldwell called a pretty game. It's a shame he couldn't have done that with the Colts. JMO of course. :)

I might have missed it at some point during my frustration, but didn't the Raven's offense really just suck it up most of the game? I don't remember much in the way of "drives" other than maybe one. They got three touchdowns off long passes. It was like, run (stuff), run (stuff), long pass (TD).

Now that I've said that I guess that's pretty good playcalling.

I might have missed it at some point during my frustration, but didn't the Raven's offense really just suck it up most of the game? I don't remember much in the way of "drives" other than maybe one. They got three touchdowns off long passes. It was like, run (stuff), run (stuff), long pass (TD).

Now that I've said that I guess that's pretty good playcalling.

What I was referring to is the play calling was good enough to beat the Broncos so I'm not a football genius but they got the job done today. :)

That is because he did not get to pay his dues as co-ordinator before becoming a head coach. He probably earned himself that gig for the next year at least with the Ravens, that of OC. I would have been fine with him as OC if we did our due process and had chosen someone else as head coach, but then someone with balls could not have been Polian's head coach :)

Game notes and recap:

-Denver's secondary and pass rush non existant.

-Manning gets a pick six,  a fumble and is immune to illegal contact and the tuck rule. Manning throws one horrible INT which was flat out inexcusable.

-Champ Bailey got schooled all day.

-Holiday is a beast...but I'm not sure why he ran -10 yards on that last punt.

-Poor run game/pass blocking after Moreno went out.

-Nothing kills a drive like offensive penalties. Especially holding, Mr. Kuper.

-It's a good idea during a field goal to kick the football and not the ground, Mr. Vanderjagt. Sorry, I know the name is wrong but it's still a force of habit.

-I'm not sure what game people here were watching, but the announcers were baffled by no less than three calls/non calls that substantially benefited the Ravens. Illegal contact/INT  Tuck/Fumble and an incomplete pass that was ruled complete. (You know the one)

The only thing in that ball park for the Broncos was the Stokely catch which was obviously a catch. To those saying the calls went both ways I say to you Walt Coleman and Ron Winter look like superstars by comparison. Name one thing that was as blatantly horrible as any of the THREE aforementioned calls/non calls that worked in Denver's favor. The spot of the ball on the first down? There was no conclusive evidence of where the ball actually was under that pile.

-Never, ever play conservative. Play to WIN.

-As much as I think the game had a 14 point swing with nonsense calls, congrats to Lewis, Flacco and the rest of the Ravens. Even Blinky. Good luck the rest of the way.

As opposed to 38 points to the Ravens? At least the Texas are supposed to score a lot of points. What if Brady plays a relatively good game, but the refs call two non-existent turnovers against him or Belichick decides to be a bad coach (I can't imagine this ever happening for more than a play or two).

Manning does not deserve the ultimate blame for this loss nor does he deserve for this to be lumped in as a "bad playoff performance." He made a bad decision after the rest of the team screwed everything else up.

Look first off, the defense didn't give up 38 points. It was 31. Secondly another 7 came off of Manning's fumble so there's 14 points spotted by Manning. Add in the OT field goal after the INT and the offense was responsible for 3 turnovers leading to 17 points. It doesn't matter whose fault it is or whatever calls. Great teams overcome that. I'm aware of the tuck rule/PI etc. Lets also add in that the Broncos got 14 points in ST too. I am completely aware the Broncos defense is somewhat at fault, especially the td in the closing minutes. Hear me out.

But.

If the Patriots defense gives Tom Brady two opportunities in OT just to go get at least a FG and he fails, I am livid. When you are an elite quarterback and you are talked about as the greatest of all time, you absolutely cannot do that. Especially that throw. This is with a quarterback who has the most GW drives in NFL history, Peyton Manning. The defense did play poorly, but Manning's lone throw cost them that game. He should have thrown the ball away. The Ravens would have been pinned deep and the Broncos D had been playing excellent in OT at that point.

The game was still competitive. The defense kept it competitive in OT. Blame is all around. I just don't like how there are scapegoats for everything Manning does. You don't lose 11 games if you have played excellent. See Brady 07-11 (6-6). He didn't play well. 

That is because he did not get to pay his dues as co-ordinator before becoming a head coach. He probably earned himself that gig for the next year at least with the Ravens, that of OC. I would have been fine with him as OC if we did our due process and had chosen someone else as head coach, but then someone with balls could not have been Polian's head coach :)

Sorry I never blamed all that on Polian I think Dungy had a major part in that decision. I have always thought that and always will. I didn't agree with it at all. That HC in waiting was a bad move and if I had been Irsay I wouldn't have allowed it. JMO of course.

Look first off, the defense didn't give up 38 points. It was 31. Secondly another 7 came off of Manning's fumble so there's 14 points spotted by Manning. Add in the OT field goal after the INT and the offense was responsible for 3 turnovers leading to 17 points. It doesn't matter whose fault it is or whatever calls. Great teams overcome that. I'm aware of the tuck rule/PI etc. Lets also add in that the Broncos got 14 points in ST too.

If the Patriots defense gives Tom Brady two opportunities in OT just to go get at least a FG and he fails, I am livid. When you are an elite quarterback and you are talked about as the greatest of all time, you absolutely cannot do that. Especially that throw. This is with a quarterback who has the most GW drives in NFL history, Peyton Manning. The defense did play poorly, but Manning's lone throw cost them that game. He should have thrown the ball away. The Ravens would have been pinned deep and the Broncos D had been playing excellent in OT at that point.

The game was still competitive. The defense kept it competitive in OT. Blame is all around. I just don't like how there are scapegoats for everything Manning does. You don't lose 11 games if you have played excellent. See Brady 07-11 (6-6). He didn't play well. 

You admit you're aware of the PI/Tuck rule yet you're still blaming those on Manning? However, technically you're right, the defense only gave up 31. Still too much for the Ravens or most teams not named the Pats or Falcons. Also, there aren't too many teams that can overcome 17 points off of turnovers.

I don't disagree with the bad throw. It was a terrible throw at the worst possible time, but it was really the only glaringly bad decision he made the entire game. It is Peyton's portion of the blame and as far as I'm concerned it is a far smaller portion than the defense/coaching/bad pick six call (I'll ignore the other bad reffing). He never should have been put in that position. This, to me, would be like blaming a kicker for losing a game where he's already kicked several field goals. 

You admit you're aware of the PI/Tuck rule yet you're still blaming those on Manning? However, technically you're right, the defense only gave up 31. Still too much for the Ravens or most teams not named the Pats or Falcons. Also, there aren't too many teams that can overcome 17 points off of turnovers.

I don't disagree with the bad throw. It was a terrible throw at the worst possible time, but it was really the only glaringly bad decision he made the entire game. It is Peyton's portion of the blame and as far as I'm concerned it is a far smaller portion than the defense/coaching/bad pick six call (I'll ignore the other bad reffing). He never should have been put in that position. This, to me, would be like blaming a kicker for losing a game where he's already kicked several field goals. 

There's a lot more to it. Manning went 4/8 for 35 yards in the 3rd quarter. Definitely can't fault the defense for that. In the closing moments, Manning had the ball 3rd down and needed one first down to end the game. They run it instead of throwing it. I mean, the Broncos had a 3rd string running back vs. one of the best QBs of all time and they decide to run it. Then they had 30 seconds and two time outs left to go get a FG and they kneel down. Those are mistakes often overlooked yet it is in hindsight. 

I don't know if Manning or McCoy runs that offense. I assume Manning.

There's a lot more to it. Manning went 4/8 for 35 yards in the 3rd quarter. Definitely can't fault the defense for that. In the closing moments, Manning had the ball 3rd down and needed one first down to end the game. They run it instead of throwing it. I mean, the Broncos had a 3rd string running back vs. one of the best QBs of all time and they decide to run it. Then they had 30 seconds and two time outs left to go get a FG and they kneel down. Those are mistakes often overlooked yet it is in hindsight. 

I don't know if Manning or McCoy runs that offense. I assume Manning.

Well unless you know for sure that Manning is running the offense you shouldn't be assuming in my opinion. I don't think Manning has a free hand like he did in Indy but I am also assuming and could be totally wrong as you could be also. We're not in the locker room or on the practice field. So I guess we will never know. :)

Are you blaming Manning for the run play? I'm inclined to blame the conservative coaching staff for that. 

And you're right, there is more to it. Manning was sacked three times, hurried several more, the Broncos had 10 penalties for 87 yards, two special teams touchdowns, 30 first downs, three touchdown passes, one legitimate interception, one illegitimate interception leading to six points, an illegitimate fumble, 65% completion rating, missed field goal, third string running back, three touchdown passes of 59,32, and 70 yards, and the Broncos got one sack on Flacco. 

So yes, there are a lot of things that go into winning/losing a football game. The point is, Manning has his share of the blame and certainly screwed up at an important point, but had the rest of the Broncos team not played so poorly up until that point it would have never gotten there. Great quarterbacks can only carry their teams so far. It's not entirely Brady's fault that they lost to the Giants in two Superbowls or the the Colts in the AFC championship game. He rocked it in the the Colts game, but threw an end game interception. However, there were a lot more factors that went into losing that game than Brady having a few bad drives and throwing the game ending interception. He also, much like Manning, couldn't block for himself.

Are you blaming Manning for the run play? I'm inclined to blame the conservative coaching staff for that. 

And you're right, there is more to it. Manning was sacked three times, hurried several more, the Broncos had 10 penalties for 87 yards, two special teams touchdowns, 30 first downs, three touchdown passes, one legitimate interception, one illegitimate interception leading to six points, an illegitimate fumble, 65% completion rating, missed field goal, third string running back, three touchdown passes of 59,32, and 70 yards, and the Broncos got one sack on Flacco. 

So yes, there are a lot of things that go into winning/losing a football game. The point is, Manning has his share of the blame and certainly screwed up at an important point, but had the rest of the Broncos team not played so poorly up until that point it would have never gotten there. Great quarterbacks can only carry their teams so far. It's not entirely Brady's fault that they lost to the Giants in two Superbowls or the the Colts in the AFC championship game. He rocked it in the the Colts game, but threw an end game interception. However, there were a lot more factors that went into losing that game than Brady having a few bad drives and throwing the game ending interception. He also, much like Manning, couldn't block for himself.

I think we see eye to eye here. I'm not faulting Manning 100% but I do think he actually deserves some blame in this one. 

Look first off, the defense didn't give up 38 points. It was 31. Secondly another 7 came off of Manning's fumble so there's 14 points spotted by Manning. Add in the OT field goal after the INT and the offense was responsible for 3 turnovers leading to 17 points. It doesn't matter whose fault it is or whatever calls. Great teams overcome that. I'm aware of the tuck rule/PI etc. Lets also add in that the Broncos got 14 points in ST too. I am completely aware the Broncos defense is somewhat at fault, especially the td in the closing minutes. Hear me out.

But.

Funny how a pats fan thinks that Peyton fumbled.. Hilarious