Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Baltimore @ Denver Gametime.

IcEWoLF

• Replies 414
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The defense still kept them in the game. I don't know why this is so difficult to understand. They could have gave up more but kept it competitive. Regardless of what happened, that was an absolutely terrible throw in overtime. A rookie mistake to throw across the body. THAT is what lost the game.

The second best D does give up 38 points or a throw it up hail Mary to tie it

Didn't you see that game with an identical story played by the Steelers and Bengals...how did the Steelers gamble turn out???? NOT SO GOOD RIGHT?

Seriosuly...go for it with 38 seconds and two time outs on your side of the field...especially when Peyton has the post-season record he does.

Yea, because that record is obviously are going to change if you don't give them a chance. /sarcasm It's not like he's lead a team to the Super Bowl before. /sarcasm

Peyton was specifically signed to lead this team to a Super Bowl. If you aren't going to let him do his thing, you're just wasting money. I'm not saying Peyton is going to play perfect every game, but he has shown than he can get it done and he's a future HoF because of it.

Colt's defense looked better than Denver's.  I didn't like the plays Peyton was calling at the LOS.  He small balled it the whole game and never really took any chances like Luck did and like Flacco did.  What's the point of having a good offensive line if you don't go long every once in a while.  Ravens started predicting the plays.

I kind of thought he was small balling it to wear out the Ravens D in the altitude?

that last throw looked like it was in slow mo. It looked like a slow pitch soft ball.

Lots of blame to go around, but 4 TO by Manning pretty much sealed that game.

Talk all you want about the Def. The Def/ST also put up 14pts.

Why would you lump the defense in with the ST for?

The defense still kept them in the game. I don't know why this is so difficult to understand. They could have gave up more but kept it competitive. Regardless of what happened, that was an absolutely terrible throw in overtime. A rookie mistake to throw across the body. THAT is what lost the game. 

The defense extended the game and prevented the team from winning when they were at their greatest position of winning.

Did the D not keep the game competitive? Did they not give Manning two chances in overtime?

The poor defensive is the reason the game even went to overtime in the first place. You rush 3 and drop 8 into coverage and somehow you let a guy still get wide open.

Lord knock of the trolling!   The Broncos secondary play cost the Broncos this game!  Bailey was horrible all game long and that TD to send it to OT was pathetic!

Yea, because that record is obviously are going to change if you don't give them a chance. /sarcasm It's not like he's lead a team to the Super Bowl before. /sarcasm

Peyton was specifically signed to lead this team to a Super Bowl. If you aren't going to let him do his thing, you're just wasting money. I'm not saying Peyton is going to play perfect every game, but he has shown than he can get it done and he's a future HoF because of it.

Seriously though...Peyton is a horrible post season quarterback...there is NO QB I'd rather take in the regular season over Manning...(maybe Luck...well because Colts are my team)...but seriously...when it comes to post season...ugh..the BRONCO'S fans now know what the COLTS fan do :(

Not sure why it has to be either the Broncos defense fault or Peytons when they BOTH cost themselves the game

No doubt the defense cost them the victory but that's the point I'm getting to. It's on both of them. People are blaming the defense yet not holding Manning accountable for his terrible throw. 

Lord knock of the trolling!   The Broncos secondary play cost the Broncos this game!  Bailey was horrible all game long and that TD to send it to OT was pathetic!

Hate to tell you but what you quoted was far from trolling, he was giving an opinion just like you are

Peyton with three turnovers should have only been one .. I admit the last one was horrible but the pick six you can not put on him and the fumble was not a fumble. I really hate it for Peyton he put his team in position to win and they blow a 7 piont lead with a prayer pass and score with 33 sec. That game sould have even went to ot say can't put all blame on Peyton.

Manning deserves the blame for ending the game in OT; however, the game should have never reached that point. The defense was terrible, the coaching was bad, and TWO of those turnovers were not unless you don't believe in PI or the Brady Rule.

I really dislike the Tuck Rule, I hope they decide to get rid of it in the off season.

That was the sloppiest football I have ever seen. Officiating sucked, Denver's Defense sucked, Denver's offense sucked. What other way would it come down to having to fall on Peyton's shoulders.

Desperation throw trying to carry a team. Shouldn't have made it, but he did. Nothing you can do. Defense gave up 18 points all season, and you give up 38? Only Peyton's team.....

No doubt the defense cost them the victory but that's the point I'm getting to. It's on both of them. People are blaming the defense yet not holding Manning accountable for his terrible throw. 

I guess you are choosing to ignore all the posts that said horrible throw.

Seriously though...Peyton is a horrible post season quarterback...there is NO QB I'd rather take in the regular season over Manning...(maybe Luck...well because Colts are my team)...but seriously...when it comes to post season...ugh..the BRONCO'S fans now know what the COLTS fan do :(

He has a Super Bowl win. That's more than what many quarterbacks have. 

Again, I disagree with this game being Peyton's fault. In the past, it was DEFINITELY Peyton's fault. I remember those horrible games against the Patriots and that playoff game against the Chargers. All those losses were primarily Peyton's fault. However, he's also gotten better since then. He's more patience now and generally doesn't try to force passes as much. Peyton in general plays better during the 2-minute drill.

So while he did contribute to this lost, he played a solid game. He even gave his defense a chance to seal the deal. Bad play calling and poor defensive play is ultimately what loss them the game. Peyton's pick at the end was just the icing on the cake.

EDIT: TEBOW CURSE!!!!!!!!!!!

That was the sloppiest football I have ever seen. Officiating sucked, Denver's Defense sucked, Denver's offense sucked. What other way would it come down to having to fall on Peyton's shoulders.

Desperation throw trying to carry a team. Shouldn't have made it, but he did. Nothing you can do. Defense gave up 18 points all season, and you give up 38? Only Peyton's team.....

I don't know that we can say Denver's offense sucked. They scored three touchdowns and had two non-turnovers ruled against them. I don't know who decided to get conservative, Manning or the coaches, but whoever made that decision screwed the pooch...hard.