Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Blue Pants

FireJimCaldwell

We sported "blue" britches in 94 or 95 against the Jets.... I watched the game in an airport and will never forget the horror...

It was not a good look... not ugly but ... it just did not work.

Marshall was wearing them... I can't find an online pic and don't care to..

Don't do it again please....

What happened to our blue helmets with the two white horseshoes on the back?

We wore them a few years back. The last time I remember seeing them was the Eagles game we lost, when Collie got knocked out in the first half.

I loved that look. I know many like the simplicity of our uni's, but I think a change up is cool every once in awhile.

We wore them a few years back. The last time I remember seeing them was the Eagles game we lost, when Collie got knocked out in the first half.

I loved that look. I know many like the simplicity of our uni's, but I think a change up is cool every once in awhile.

the "MAN" does this to make US spend more of our money... it is simple biz strategy.. . Run out of what the want... reinvent it. Sad.... The Colts have been good about this ... lets hope they keep the same path.

I hate it.... "how can we make more money?"

Don't buy ....

But most will.

that was a retro look... From LONG ago.. I am cool with it once a year ... IF THAT...

But I do agree.. i did also like the blue helmet... could do without the 2 horseshoes on the back tho...

DANg I always gotta complain about something.... aye...

that was a retro look... From LONG ago.. I am cool with it once a year ... IF THAT...

But I do agree.. i did also like the blue helmet... could do without the 2 horseshoes on the back tho...

haha I actually liked the horseshoes on the back because from the front and side it looked just all blue. Very sleek.

Your gripes are legitimate. I love our uniforms, but I've never been opposed to mixing it up every so often.

I find this one very cool. But we don't wear black and I doubt we stray from tradition..

Tradition is one thing. Money is another.

Nike will most certainly incorporate new uniforms into each NFL team. It will likely come next year or the following year, but the Pro-Combat look you see out of many of their NCAA teams will likely rear it's ugly head into the NFL. I could see the matte-black helmet with a blue horseshoe similar to what Duke has with the black helmet. Hopefully it is nothing to absurd like they do with most of those pro-combat uniforms.

They break out the Pro-Combat uniforms 1-2 weeks a year and that will drive jersey sales up. Like you see in college, that style of jersey will change each year.

For the most part jerseys will stay the same, but don't be shocked when the Colts come out in something funky and obscene looking when compared to their priceless classic look that they wear each week.

Don't be surprised to see something like this in the next few years with Nike and their pro-combat uniforms.

BVBWZRWTVEEJRZK.20120917164009.jpg

20120929_lbm_bb4_195.0_standard_352.0.jpg'

636x393-0-7-gpP1VJiT-cvernon.jpg

Well even spoken as a Duke alum...let's hope not. It's okay on my Blue Devils but the only look that I think might translate well to the Colts would be the white shirt, blue pants look with either the traditional white horseshoe'd helmet or our dark blue throw back helmet with the horseshoes in the back. All that black jersey/helmet nonsense has no place on a franchise as classic as the Colts. Leave that stuff for the Arena League look-alike wanna be franchises. Yall all know how I feel about messing with our uni's by now. :D

Also on behalf of Duke University, I apologize to anyone that had to watch that blowout yesterday. FSU is just on another level but believe it or not Duke is markedly better this year than in years past. Although you wouldn't know it judging by that game. I think they were still too high over their big win against Carolina the week before and becoming bowl eligible for the first time since 1994. Success on the gridiron is a still a foreign concept in Durham and the team has to learn how to stay level, put a big win behind you and focus on the next opponent. Not that we would have beat FSU anyway but we are capable of putting up a much better fight.

Go Devils...Go Colts!

I have always been partial to our away uniforms, love the all white, always have always will. GO COLTS.

the "MAN" does this to make US spend more of our money... it is simple biz strategy.. . Run out of what the want... reinvent it. Sad.... The Colts have been good about this ... lets hope they keep the same path.

I hate it.... "how can we make more money?"

Don't buy ....

But most will.

I agree our unis are classic and I love that. That said it IS A BUSINESS. This is entertainment folks....this isn't as serious as messing with your religion or patriotism for our nation or even your work uniform. It's a game...made to be enjoyed..and a business on top of that. Granted the nba and mlb have 5-10 times more games to roll stuff like this out and not make their fans sick and our games are limited but I see nothing wrong with it. Capitalism...buy it and support it if you like...or don't and they will get the picture and not make the special unis. TBH I think that is EXACTLY the reason we don't do it more often. Most people have voted with their wallets and said no...and I don't blame them. I don't mind a throw back t-shirt but the unis I like the traditional ones we got. People got in a tizzy in the preseason when we changed up and wore road unis at home so people are weird to me. I wouldn't be opposed to an alt. uniform once a year....I just haven't seen any I like on us yet. I see nothing wrong with Irsay trying to make some money and run this like a business. If they can make some extra money doing that then so be it. I would much rather them make business decisions about unis then about the team and transactions or ticket prices.

I will say its just hard to improve on a classic clean look that we have. I mean look how hideous the Cowboys unis looked during the 90s. They would have to come out with some bad a$$ unis for me to like them though. I won't knock them for trying...but I also won't buy them either.