Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Obviously Dilemma vis-a-vis Arians

HarassedOffTheSite

Depending on how the rest of the season goes.

If we end up somewhere near .500 Arians is going to be on some turd GMs radar as a possible Head Coaching candidate.

I wonder if he'd want to stay or if he'd be prepared to bolt at the first offer. I'd hate for Luck to have to deal with 2 HCs & 2 OCs in two years.

Just thinking...

Very interesting. I like Arians.....a couple of thoughts....

• His use of timeouts have baffled this old Colt fan at times.....yesterday....???
  • His use of the red challenge flag have befuddled me at times....rules? Do we know them?
  • Predictability on offensive calls at times (same with Pittsburgh however)

Not slamming on Bruce Arians here. He has a tough task at hand with our team, and with Coach Pagano out. Just wondering aloud. I am with the OP. I would love to see some continuity in Offensive Coordinators as he continues to mature as an NFL QB. :blueshoe: :blueshoe: :blueshoe:

If we end up somewhere near .500 Arians is going to be on some turd GMs radar as a possible Head Coaching candidate.

I wonder if he'd want to stay or if he'd be prepared to bolt at the first offer. I'd hate for Luck to have to deal with 2 HCs & 2 OCs in two years.

Just thinking...

Hang in there and lets just see how Coach Pagano is....and if he comes back...

After thinking about it some more....I don't see Arians walking after THIS season. It would be very callous. He'd no doubt stick around for another year and transition back to Pagano before he'd consider outside offers. That to me would be the class move that would probably count as much if not more to coaching a .500 season out of a team nobody expected to do anything.

I don't think Arians will bolt, I think this is the only taste of being a head coach. I don't like his chances as the HC for another team.

If so, I would like to bring Chan Gailey or Norv Turner. I think this may be the year that Norv gets fired, unless they make the playoffs.

Everyone has been beating up on the Bills, so naturally the first person to get the axe is the coaches and Chan Gailey has a good and creative offense.

when is Arians contract up? Zone blocking scheme there in Houston and also a balanced attack which Luck can thrive it, also uses alot of play action off of Zone Stretch making some plays look exactly the same while doing something different

Just thinking...

Honestly, Arians leaving doesn't sound like such a bad thing to me. I don't think his offense will ever optimize the talent we have on our roster. He was never able to do so in Pittsburgh. With Big Ben, Mike Wallace, Antonio Brown, Hines Ward, Heath Miller and Rashard Mendenhall (and many other talented players who came and went), you should be able to produce more than 1 season as a top 10 scoring offense. The best the Steelers ever finished under him was 9th.

His offenses are all flash, no substance. They rack up a lot of yards, but when inside the 20, he can't coach to save his life. Stalled drives in the redzone are a trademark of his offenses. Let Luck learn all he can from Arians while he's here... but I firmly believe he's not the long term answer for us at coordinator. He was ran off from his last gig for a reason

His offenses are all flash, no substance. They rack up a lot of yards, but when inside the 20, he can't coach to save his life. Stalled drives in the redzone are a trademark of his offenses. Let Luck learn all he can from Arians while he's here... but I firmly believe he's not the long term answer for us at coordinator. He was ran off from his last gig for a reason.

I had some misgivings about Arians at first...and I am not convinced he could ever live up to the standard that Tom Moore set here. With that said, this game is about Jimmys & joes and not Xs & Os. Rapelisburger gets a lot of hype but the truth is that their playbook is watered down because he is not that bright. The same goes for Mendenhall (Bin Laden apologist). I think red zone success is determined more by your players than your playbook, especially the talent (mental & physical) at the QB position.

I'm not totally sold on Arians and truth be told at some point I expect Luck to take over in-game play calling from him (ala Peyton Manning). My main concern is transition and hoping that we can maintain some continuity in Luck's early NFL years. But I hear you.