Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Chargers being investigated for cheating... and still losing.

Poster X

This is another one of those things that make you go, hmmmm. If you are going to cheat you at least need a quarterback who can get the ball to his own players more than the opposing team. I wonder what took so long for this info to come out... and what the repercussions might be?!?

Okay I will say it because we are all thinking it.

If they were caught this time it probably was not the first time.

Does anyone else think they may have used it in 07 or 08 in the playoffs against Manning? I mean some of those jump balls were absurd if my memory serves me well.

I just had to laugh at this. Only the Chargers cheat and still lose. :lol:

Roger should be coming down on the Chargers if they are found guilty of this. This is worse then spygate because it is actually in game cheating. Norv and AJ should be suspended, team fined, and some draft picks taken away.

I am sure this is not the first time either that they have done this.

I feel bad for the Charger fans.

First, they have to watch that Monday night meltdown.

Then, the director of public relations tells them to take a "chill pill".

And now, this.

But if proven to be true and if it would lead to a suspension for Norm, I think many Charger fans would consider that a blessing.

Goodell issued punishment today stating that the Dean Spanos, the Chargers owner must sign J.A. Smith and Norv Turner to lifetime contracts.

He also fined James Harrison & Jonathan Vilma 50k each for the Chargers infraction.

I believe he suspended Reggie White one game as well.

I love watching SD fail.

All the players they got rid of that are blossoming careers with other teams is flat out hilarious.

Firing Marty and replacing him with Norv Turner makes zero sense when they fired him for "losing in the playoffs" but constantly, constantly give Norv a break who can't even make the playoffs most the time.

I think they just enjoy having yes men in their organization. Marty didn't want to let go of Brees or several other players they let go, probably the real reason he was fired.

I love watching SD fail.

All the players they got rid of that are blossoming careers with other teams is flat out hilarious.

Firing Marty and replacing him with Norv Turner makes zero sense when they fired him for "losing in the playoffs" but constantly, constantly give Norv a break who can't even make the playoffs most the time.

I think they just enjoy having yes men in their organization. Marty didn't want to let go of Brees or several other players they let go, probably the real reason he was fired.

If they dont beat Cleveland this week at Cleveland (and that's not a given), you are going to see an ugly meltdown

I love watching SD fail.

In retrospect, firing Marty Schottenheimer looks really foolish now. Norv Turner is not a good HC. He is a top notch OC though. Yup, their GM should have kept Brees despite his shoulder injury.

Regarding this "sticky" California controversy, way to take the high road Chargers staff and front office management. :facepalm:

I will let Ron Burgandy field this one...

tumblr_m5gqst8msN1qd2h8jo1_1280.jpg

In retrospect, firing Marty Schottenheimer looks really foolish now. Norv Turner is not a good HC. He is a top notch OC though. Yup, their GM should have kept Brees despite his shoulder injury.

Regarding this "sticky" California controversy, way to take the high road Chargers staff and front office management. :facepalm:

I will let Ron Burgandy field this one...

tumblr_m5gqst8msN1qd2h8jo1_1280.jpg

The Chargers also gave us Darren Sproles :yahoo:

I also think they should have kept Michael Turner, he's turned out to be a great asset in Atlanta.

Just go through all the players they've cut and many have become great names with other teams. The Chargers are basically the free agent farm team, once they let go of them, they become super stars! :banana:

The Chargers also gave us Darren Sproles :yahoo:

I also think they should have kept Michael Turner, he's turned out to be a great asset in Atlanta.

Just go through all the players they've cut and many have become great names with other teams. The Chargers are basically the free agent farm team, once they let go of them, they become super stars! :banana:

If the Oakland Raiders is an NFL retirement home, [where players land and play a couple of seasons before they hang up their shoulder pads forever] then San Diego must be like an unpaid college internship before football players get paid with lucrative contracts by moving to new teams and new cities.

http://youtu.be/gg6nmMi3-7A

Let's not forget WR Vincent Jackson in Tampa Bay either. Chargers GM A.J. Smith doesn't look so smart and savvy now does he?

http://espn.go.com/n...e-year-55m-deal

I wouldn't look happy and satisfied either A.J.

nfl_g_ajsmith_3001_display_image.jpg?1304268470

After reading some comments from Charger fans, I think they need to get a grip.

After reading some comments from Charger fans, I think they need to get a grip.

Hopefully, nothing illegal. We wouldn't want them in anymore of a sticky situation then they are already in... I have always felt bad for Chargers fans (including my nephew) because they have had some good teams and always seem to self destruct.

Plus fans right gems like this on their forum: " Browns aren't that much worse than us. All the teams that they have lost to are also all teams that would lose to as well." - I assume he meant we would lose to as well, and talking about "Norv Turner and his amazing come from ahead losses."

Hopefully, nothing illegal. We wouldn't want them in anymore of a sticky situation then they are already in... I have always felt bad for Chargers fans (including my nephew) because they have had some good teams and always seem to self destruct.

That's why I refer to Phillip Rivers as the AFC equivalent of Tony Romo and the Dallas Cowboys...Both rosters are littered with athletic talent and yet they always seem to unravel and implode just like clockwork. The sky is blue; the grass is green and both the Cowboys and the Chargers will find a way to shoot themselves in the foot. They are their own worst enemy IMO.

Must have replaced stick'um with oil in Meachem's hands or something.

Why pay the dollars for 2 average WRs in Royal and Meachem when you could have paid top dollar for Vincent Jackson? Just goes to show you quantity can never replace quality.

Rex Ryan was correct in saying that he would have won 1 SB with the Chargers' talented roster over Norv in the 2007-2009 time frame.

Saddest score I've seen in a loooooong time.

I see the Chargers' 7-6 loss to the Browns and raise you a Buffalo Bills 6-3 loss to the Browns from 2009. To make it more pathetic, the Bills were the home team!

But still, let's all point and laugh. At the Chargers.

When it rains it pours.

-Chargers blow a 10 point lead to the Saints on SNF.

-Chargers blow a 24 point lead to the Broncos on MNF.

-A strange cheating thing comes up which I don't even know what to say about or what to think. What the heck. Really?

-And now they lose coming off a bye week 7-6, to the Browns.

-And Norv Turner is still their coach.

Ouch.

I see the Chargers' 7-6 loss to the Browns and raise you a Buffalo Bills 6-3 loss to the Browns from 2009. To make it more pathetic, the Bills were the home team!

But still, let's all point and laugh. At the Chargers.

Well played sir lol.