Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2013 Free Agent Class

So, with us having a lot of cap space free I think 30+ Million if we let Freeney walk and Collie walk. (If someone wants to chime in with the actual number that would be great) We will probably go out and get some nice FA's

Who do you think we should get / Who do you want?

For me, I'd like to get Mike Wallace from Pittsburgh, they surely cannot afford him. I'd also like to have Jake Long. There are a ton of top notch CB free agents available, I'd like to get at least one of them. I really want Willaim Moore from ATL for strong safety.

So, with us having a lot of cap space free I think 30+ Million if we let Freeney walk and Collie walk. (If someone wants to chime in with the actual number that would be great) We will probably go out and get some nice FA's

Who do you think we should get / Who do you want?

For me, I'd like to get Mike Wallace from Pittsburgh, they surely cannot afford him. I'd also like to have Jake Long. There are a ton of top notch CB free agents available, I'd like to get at least one of them. I really want Willaim Moore from ATL for strong safety.

i think we should use the money on defense

Here is what i think we should do with the offseason

we should make a push for some talent

we need wr to pair with wayne and keep hilton in slot role

wr - mike wallace, greg jennings, or d. bowe

we need another cb i say we go after

cb - revis, d.r.c, grimes

go after ot

j.long or r. clady

dl another vet on d line

bring in r.semour to pair with redding

rb we need a vet back to help luck for the right price

bush, jackson

most of these guy might not be available

so we could look like this

offense

qb - luck, stanton, harnish

rb - **steven jackson, d.brown, ballard

fb - jones

te - fleener, allen

wr2 - wayne

wr1 - *jennings

wr3 - hilton

lt - *jake long

lg - reitz

c - sam

rg - mcglenn

rt - constanzo

defense

le - ** semour

nt - chapman

re - redding

rolb - ** freeney

mlb - angerer

ilb - freeman

lolb - mathis

cb1 - *revis, *grimes, *d.r.c

cb2 - vonte

cb3 - powers

cb4 - vaughn

ss - *** draft kenny vaccaro or eric reid

fs - bethea

special teams

k - might be time to draft one but adam atm

p- mac

kr - hilton

pr - hilton

* guys we would have to pay good for to get if available

** vet players who we might be able to get on a redding type deal

*** draft picks

powers is a liability in man coverage he gets beat badly every game and he's undersized. polian drafted him because he was great in cover 2 not press man coverage. i think grigson is gonna let him walk because he doesn't fit our 3-4 hybrid scheme.

And Sam Shields is a replacement? Powers' strength isn't man, but he is still a consistent cover man who plays the deep ball beautifully. I'm all for bringing in Shields to man the slot, though.

And Sam Shields is a replacement? Powers' strength isn't man, but he is still a consistent cover man who plays the deep ball beautifully. I'm all for bringing in Shields to man the slot, though.

sam shields strength is man and has the speed to be a great #2 cb behind vontae. idk what games you guys been watching but powers has been awful every game this year. i wouldn't want a cb on the team who's strength isn't man when we are a man coverage team.

sam shields strength is man and has the speed to be a great #2 cb behind vontae. idk what games you guys been watching but powers has been awful every game this year. i wouldn't want a cb on the team who's strength isn't man when we are a man coverage team.

... I don't even...

Here is what i think we should do with the offseason

we should make a push for some talent

we need wr to pair with wayne and keep hilton in slot role

wr - mike wallace, greg jennings, or d. bowe

we need another cb i say we go after

cb - revis, d.r.c, grimes

go after ot

j.long or r. clady

dl another vet on d line

bring in r.semour to pair with redding

rb we need a vet back to help luck for the right price

bush, jackson

most of these guy might not be available

I'm afraid your last sentence is the key sentence.

Long and Clady either get long-term deals or the dreaded Franchise Tag.

Revis has one more year on a very affordable contract.

Seymour either gets a deal or Franchise Tag

Bush might be interesting, but he's an LA 'Bright Lights' kid who also liked New Orleans and Miami. Two very splashy cities. Indianapolis might be too 'quiet' for him. Jackson has lots of miles on his tires... one would think if he leaves St. Louis, he'd go some place with a decent shot at the title, like Green Bay or New England. We're going to be several years away.

And while I like the 3 wr's, Wallace and Bowe will want $10+ Mill a year. I think I'll pass. Jennings is older, 29, I think, it's not clear if he'll be going some place for one last big paycheck or a shot at another title. But, he's a good guy so a possible target at the right price.

Either way, we will not solve all our problems in one year of Free Agency and the 2013 draft.

Id go after eithe RG RT or both, a nckel CB and Kenny Phillips.

and like mentioned above, id let go of freeney and get connor barwin. if we can just get barwin and phillips that would be amazing. we could take a DT with our 1st after a trade down and go T/G with our 2nd or 3rd pick.

id also make a case for Glenn dorsey

I'm sure the Colts brass will have a number in mind that they won't exceed to retain Powers when FA hits. I'm hoping he stays, but they can't grossly overpay either.

Agreed. A lot of people don't seem to be considering this. Powers is a good, young starter, but he's not fantastic, and I don't want this franchise to start overpaying players. As of right now I'd love to resign him, but as long as it's a smart signing.

Below is top 50 2013 Free Agents - see also here at http://nfltraderumor...fl-free-agents/, and this link -> http://nfltraderumor...fl-free-agents/ shows ALL of the Free Agents for 2013. I don't believe we are going to keep Freeney at all. So we have some money to spend on some Big Players. I would like to see some or all of these if possible, OT/Long, DE/Avril, WR/Wallace or Bowe or Cruz (restricted), and a RB/Jackson or Bush, and pick some other Defensive odds and ends. Since we are only saying what we would like to see, the above mentioned would be my "wish list"

* Player Age Team OT 1. Jake Long 28 Dolphins QB 2. Joe Flacco 28 Ravens WR 3. Greg Jennings 29 Packers DE 4. Cliff Avril 26 Lions WR 5. Dwayne Bowe 28 Chiefs OT 6. Ryan Clady 26 Broncos WR 7. Mike Wallace 26 Steelers WR 8. Victor Cruz (Restricted) 26 Giants OT 9. Sebastian Vollmer 28 Patriots CB 10. Brent Grimes 30 Falcons DT 11. Jason Jones 27 Seahawks DE 12. Michael Bennett 27 Buccaneers RB 13. Stevan Jackson 30 Rams DT 14. Alan Branch 28 Seahawks OLB 15. Daryl Smith 31 Jaguars DT 16. Randy Starks 29 Dolphins WR 17. Wes Welker 32 Patriots S 18. Jairus Byrd 26 Bills CB 19. Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie 27 Eagles S 20. Kenny Phillips 26 Giants DT 21. Henry Melton 26 Bears TE 22. Martellus Bennett 26 Giants RB 23. Reggie Bush 28 Dolphins S 24. William Moore 28 Falcons OLB 25. Anthony Spencer 29 Cowboys OLB 26. Erin Henderson 27 Vikings S 27. Patrick Chung 26 Patriots OT 28. Brandon Albert 28 Chiefs OT 29. Andre Smith 26 Bengals CB 30. Aqib Talib 27 Buccaneers OT 31. Jermon Bushrod 29 Saints DE 32. Connor Barwin 26 Texans S 33. Ed Reed 34 Ravens DE 34. Dwight Freeney 33 Colts RB 35. Rashard Mendenhall 26 Steelers TE 36. Jared Cook 26 Titans S 37. Dashon Goldson 28 49ers TE 38. Tony Gonzalez 37 Falcons CB 39. Jerraud Powers 26 Colts TE 40. Fred Davis 27 Redskins ILB 41. Brian Urlacher 35 Bears CB 42. Mike Jenkins 28 Cowboys OLB 43. Shaun Phillips 32 Chargers OLB 44. Phillip Wheeler 28 Raiders DE 45. Glen Dorsey 28 Chiefs TE 46. Heath Miller 30 Steelers DT 47. Terrance Knighton 27 Jaguars G 48. Ryan Lilja 31 Chiefs RB 49. Peyton Hillis 27 Chiefs TE 50. Dennis Pitta (Restricted) 28 Ravens

D-line - add Richard Seymour

O-line - add Matt Slauson, OG from Jets

CB/S - add Keenan Lewis from Steelers, Cary Williams from Ravens, Jairus Byrd from Bills/DeShean Goldson from 49ers

WR - no need for additions, draft our No.1 in 2014 draft

RB - no need for additions, improve the O-line

OLB - I might take a look at Connor Barwin or Shaun Philips for some experience to replace Freeney, IMO

Draft D-line and O-line primarily.

D-line - add Richard Seymour

O-line - add Matt Slauson, OG from Jets

CB/S - add Keenan Lewis from Steelers, Cary Williams from Ravens, Jairus Byrd from Bills/DeShean Goldson from 49ers

WR - no need for additions, draft our No.1 in 2014 draft

RB - no need for additions, improve the O-line

OLB - I might take a look at Connor Barwin or Shaun Philips for some experience to replace Freeney, IMO

Draft D-line and O-line primarily.

i dont agree with Slauson. he is washed out much younger and better option would be Vazques i Think...even Britton

and i wouldnt mind an upgrade of Justice in Beatty or Vollmer

i dont agree with Slauson. he is washed out much younger and better option would be Vazques i Think...even Britton

and i wouldnt mind an upgrade of Justice in Beatty or Vollmer

slauson is 26 years old. i believe you're thinking of his teammate brandon moore. i actually wouldn't mind the colts getting both slauson and vasquez.