Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Peyton looks horrible

Golfr

Thanks for sharing that Robert Kraft story GoPats. I love it when NFL owners realize that they put their pants on just like every other person in this world and when they are gracious, down to earth, and humble. You're aces in my book Eric. Great NFL franchises have great owners: Robert Kraft, Jim Irsay, and Daniel M. Rooney. :thmup::colts::flyingelvis:

Here is my like for you my friend :thmup: :thmup: :thmup: :thmup:

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It was a stunning badness in the first quarter last night. And it pains me to say it but it was mostly on Peyton. However, I went to bed oddly feeling calm. I feel good about the team. Atlanta only scored 13 points off 4 turnovers. We were in the game in the 4th quarter in their crib despite all the mistakes AND the refs.

Peyton said he was not 100%. He said the offense still needs a lot of work. He said he is adjusting to the team and feels like a rookie. Yes, yes and yes. I should have believed Peyton and not get carried away. I will look forward to seeing everyone's progress.

On the plus side, I saw a lot of good things last night. Demaryius Thomas is having a coming out party. He is justifying where he was picked. Peyton said Demaryius came in a phenomenal shape, and I see it. He said he's never had any receiver like Demaryius. Good! Denver run D looked fine. We'll see how they do next week. And Von Miller is a superstar. I knew he was a stud. Now I think he will be a HOFer one day. Champ Bailey and Brandon Stokely are ageless. There are many more little things I was happy about.

Bring on the week 3! And please, bring back the real officials.

Am I the only one enjoying this thread? Great comments, great analysis...great trolling....what else can ya have to make ya smile....laugh....and root for YOUR TEAM and favorite players? Win or Lose! Boy do I love all NFL FANS....definitely short for FANATIC!!!!!!!!!! :funny: :funny:

I couldn't have said it better myself Brent! Indubitably, unquestionably, and undoubtedly so my friend. :thmup::lol::spit:

Apparently you don't know what a strawman is, either. How does throwing an insult about a Patriot loss have anything to do with Peyton Manning?

Nothing at all, correct? So basically if you have nothing to contribute to the actual topic at hand, throw in a random fact as a means to derail/insult. That's a tactic for someone who can't debate the actual topic at hand.

Oh, I know what a straw man is. But it's not really applicable to me, and neither is any other debate tactic. That would imply I disagree with anything in the thread.

Which I really don't. Including how much worse it is losing to Kevin Kolb.

I had the pleasure of meeting Bob Kraft once. I was working as a journalist and covered a community event back in 1996. He was at the event with Drew Bledsoe. When they walked into the room, every reporter flocked immediately over to Drew. Kraft was standing by himself. I approached him, shook his hand, and thanked him for buying the team and keeping it in New England. He said, word for word, "Well Eric, that's what happens when a fan of a team buys the team!" That's really how this all started. He made a fortune running his in-laws' company and the Krafts have never forgotten where they came from. I have an immense amount of respect for him, his sons, and of course the late Myra.

I am sure that is one of those great singular moments & response quotes u will never forget

It was a stunning badness in the first quarter last night. And it pains me to say it but it was mostly on Peyton. However, I went to bed oddly feeling calm. I feel good about the team. Atlanta only scored 13 points off 4 turnovers. We were in the game in the 4th quarter in their crib despite all the mistakes AND the refs.

Peyton said he was not 100%. He said the offense still needs a lot of work. He said he is adjusting to the team and feels like a rookie. Yes, yes and yes. I should have believed Peyton and not get carried away. I will look forward to seeing everyone's progress.

On the plus side, I saw a lot of good things last night. Demaryius Thomas is having a coming out party. He is justifying where he was picked. Peyton said Demaryius came in a phenomenal shape, and I see it. He said he's never had any receiver like Demaryius. Good! Denver run D looked fine. We'll see how they do next week. And Von Miller is a superstar. I knew he was a stud. Now I think he will be a HOFer one day. Champ Bailey and Brandon Stokely are ageless. There are many more little things I was happy about.

Hey there BAB,

Yes, Peyton does remain surprisingly calm in the face of mayhem and chaos. Another reason I refer to #18 as Yoda. "The Force is strong on this one." :worthy::yahoo: Once Peyton has a full season under his belt in Denver, Watch Out Man!!! Champ and Porter are remarkable talents in the secondary and yes Von Miller is a BEAST!!! No argument there. :heh:

Yes, for the love of God and "the protection and integrity of the NFL shield" bring my regular zebras back like yesterday. Translation: NOW Goodell!!!

It will take time as said before for a new team of offensive players to learn how to run a no huddle with only hand signals and ignore the noise

Hey there BAB,

Yes, Peyton does remain surprisingly calm in the middle of mayhem and chaos. Another reason I refer to #18 as Yoda. "The Force is strong on this one." :worthy::yahoo: Once Peyton has a full season under his belt in Denver, Watch Out Man!!! Champ and Porter are remarkable talents in the secondary and yes Von Miller is a BEAST!!! No argument there. :heh:

Yes, for the love of God and "the protection and integrity of the NFL shield" bring my regular zebras back like yesterday. Translation: NOW Goodell!!!

are 2 camps on this, with how bad the zebras are may force the leque to bring back the regulars, the other is they really dont care as the NFL is so popular we all watch and they make their money anyway and for all the talk about player safety, they dont seem concerned that many a game has instances almost i like 2 Baseball clubs leaving the l.ockers and throwing punches , One day a real brawl may just break out, Have to hope not but never seen anything like whats going on

Hey there BAB,

Yes, Peyton does remain surprisingly calm in the face of mayhem and chaos. Another reason I refer to #18 as Yoda. "The Force is strong on this one." :worthy::yahoo: Once Peyton has a full season under his belt in Denver, Watch Out Man!!! Champ and Porter are remarkable talents in the secondary and yes Von Miller is a BEAST!!! No argument there. :heh:

Yeah, as I've said it before here. I have no expectations. I think next year is our year. Or not... I don't know. But I do know they will try really hard to get it done this year. That's enough for me. It's really been a pleasure having Peyton in Denver.

are 2 camps on this, with how bad the zebras are may force the leque to bring back the regulars, the other is they really dont care as the NFL is so popular we all watch and they make their money anyway and for all the talk about player safety, they dont seem concerned that many a game has instances almost i like 2 Baseball clubs leaving the l.ockers and throwing punches , One day a real brawl may just break out, Have to hope not but never seen anything like whats going on

My better half is in the second camp. He thinks the league just doesn't care as long as they get their money, and they are just waiting for the replacements to get better or we stop talking about it. He thinks they just want to get rid of the real refs. I hope he is wrong.

Sadly Bayone, you are right on the money here. :sigh: I don't wanna see an NFL lineman get seriously hurt before Roger Goodell sees the proverbial light. Not good at all IMHO.

Apparently you don't know what a strawman is, either. How does throwing an insult about a Patriot loss have anything to do with Peyton Manning?

Nothing at all, correct? So basically if you have nothing to contribute to the actual topic at hand, throw in a random fact as a means to derail/insult. That's a tactic for someone who can't debate the actual topic at hand.

Sorta like when there is a thread about Tom Brady's latest hairstyle and a Patriot fan feels the need to insult Peyton Manning's forehead?

Yeah, as I've said it before here. I have no expectations. I think next year is our year. Or not... I don't know. But I do know they will try really hard to get it done this year. That's enough for me. It's really been a pleasure having Peyton in Denver.

My better half is in the second camp. He thinks the league just doesn't care as long as they get their money, and they are just waiting for the replacements to get better or we stop talking about it. He thinks they just want to get rid of the real refs. I hope he is wrong.

Sadly Bayone, you are right on the money here. :sigh: I don't wanna see an NFL lineman get seriously hurt before Roger Goodell sees the proverbial light. Not good at all IMHO.

Watching how irritated Fox was last night I was saying to myself , i hope he is on Blood Pressure Meds

He was so blown up and emotional I wondered if he called that second challenge as was so irritated at the refs he himself wasn't counting right

Also when one is that emotional good decisions in genera,l when u get back to playing at times are hard as ones mind is distracted . We will never know the full extent of the refs effects on the game, only the part where we all see the bad calls

I love how some dont know the rules too, like Calling in first game the 2 minute warning between the Td and going for 2

I know in some other game the team had another play left in the game that first week

Then u can one because hes assigned to Saints game and there he is on facebook displaying how much a Saint fan he is

What kind of background check did they do on these guys

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Hate to bring this up, I would of Loved to see Caldwell face in same situation

Watching how irritated Fox was last night I was saying to myself , i hope he is on Blood Pressure Meds

He was so blown up and emotional I wondered if he called that second challenge as was so irritated at the refs he himself wasn't counting right

Also when one is that emotional good decisions in genera,l when u get back to playing at times are hard as ones mind is distracted . We will never know the full extent of the refs effects on the game, only the part where we all see the bad calls

I love how some dont know the rules too, like Calling in first game the 2 minute warning between the Td and going for 2

I know in some other game the team had another play left in the game that first week

Then u can one because hes assigned to Saints game and there he is on facebook displaying how much a Saint fan he is

What kind of background check did they do on these guys

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Hate to bring this up, I would of Loved to see Caldwell face in same situation

I have never blamed bad officiating after a loss but I came pretty close last night. The fumble call killed the good drive. That swung the score 6 to 10 points in Atlanta's favor. It was about to be anyone's game. Yes, it's after-the-fact, hindsight. Yes, we made mistakes. But still...

The league only worships money and power. So I figure they will only respond to those. What as fans can we do? Are we willing to give up one weekend of football in protest if complaining is not enough? I for one am ready to do something soon.

I have never blamed bad officiating after a loss but I came pretty close last night. The fumble call killed the good drive. That swung the score 6 to 10 points in Atlanta's favor. It was about to be anyone's game. Yes, it's after-the-fact, hindsight. Yes, we made mistakes. But still...

The league only worships money and power. So I figure they will only respond to those. What as fans can we do? Are we willing to give up one weekend of football in protest if complaining is not enough? I for one am ready to do something soon.

The tickets are sold for the most part so nothing can really be done from that standpoint.

A protest with 20% of fans in the stadium, would hurt concession sales, but that would hurt the others involved with that more than the NFL teams.

TV ads have already been sold, so if people turn off the TV that isn't going to help anything.

I believe fans are sorta helpless at this point.

Quarterback to quarterback you take a 5th year Peyton over a rookie.

The running back go again to James, Mungro, and Williams opposed to Brown, Ballard, and Carter. Even Edge coming of of the knee injury I would take him over Brown.

Wide receivers with Harrison, Ismail, and Wayne again are better than Wayne, Collie and Avery. Harrison set the record for receptions. No reason to chose against them.

The tight ends will probably go to Fleener and Allen over Pollard and Davenport.

The line no doubt goes to Tarik, DeMulling, Saturday, Diem, and Meadows. And by a mile.

On to the front 7 of the defense. I give it a slight edge to '02. Simply because the D-line of '02 goes to Freeney, Bratzke, Scioli, Trip. The line backing core goes to Mathis, Freeney, Freeman, and Connor are only slightly better than Washington, Morris, and Peterson. Maybe even a push for the linebackers.

The cornerbacks got to Powers and Davis over Harris and Macklin. Then for the safties it's a slight edge to 2012 only because Bethea is a phenomenal player.

Our schedule wasn't anymore weak than the Jets. It's an eight win difference. We had a talented team in '02, certainly not as talented as we've been use to, but the '02 team is better than 2012.

I had previously commented that after a good run the ball rolled for some more yardage, the Broncos were at least near the red zone and with a first down, stokely fell on it, Clady came up with it, what happened to unpiling the scrum to see who has it before one makes a a definitive call & signal;

Bromcos may have gone on to score a td and , u never know , and also would of negated a scoring drive so could of been an even bigger swing in points and definitely in momentum much earlier in the game

OF Course I realize that's all a what if scenario but still

Anyway, as I always said its nearing 4 PM here and must do other things,

Everyone have a great night

[

I'm gone but 1 last post, an interesting take on misuse of Broncos players, that is not using their strengths but weakness's last night

, The Good aspects of the game are discussed too in the article

when you watch the game, this is what you'll see if you dig deep enough.

star-divide.v59c7267.jpg

The Bad:

Running Back Use

After Knowshon Moreno's fumble he mostly sat out the 2nd and 3rd quarters, being replaced by <a class="sbn-auto-link" href="http://www.sbnation....095/lance-ball" style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; outline: 0px; vertical-align: baseline; background-color: transparent; color: rgb(223, 97, 7); text-decoration: none; font-weight: bold; ">Lance Ball, but he came back into the game in the 4th quarter and finished the game. Moreno played a total of 11 snaps, split mostly between route running, pass blocking and run the ball, Ball took 13 snaps but was much more active as a receiver. Now neither was effective in the run game, but both had key receptions that converted for a 1st down. Ball had a nice open field catch and run while Moreno made a clutch decision to get open after Manning broke the pocket.

Now my issue isn't the number of snaps these two guys took, it seemed about right, it's how they were used. Anyone who has watched the Broncos know Moreno's best feature are his shiftiness in the open field and his speed. This usually means he's best used in the screen game and outside runs, the problem is all of his runs were planned for the inside, when there was no hole, he bounced outside where he was tackled. The same goes for Ball, who is a good inside runner (as we saw last season) but he lacks any burst for breaking away on the outside. Now the issue for Ball is clear, he isn't an outside runner or pass blocker but he's being used that way, the opposite is true for Moreno, he isn't an inside runner but he's being used that way.

It may have just been the situation, but the use of our backup running backs isn't very good. You switch the snaps of Moreno and Ball and both of them would have been more effective. Let's hope this trend changes.

Player Misuse on Both Defense and Offense

I already mentioned the misuse of Moreno and Ball, but this trend extended beyond these two men. Eric Deckerspent most of the game running deep out routes, and anyone who watched last season knows that's one area he isn't amazing at. Same thing for Jacob Tamme, who is at his best when running seam routes, instead he's running screens and shout out-slant routes. That's just on the offensive side of the ball.

On defense we see a similar situation. Tracy Porter, a high quality outside corner, spent almost half his snaps in the slot, where he has struggled for the past two seasons. Both Derek Wolfe and Robert Ayers were lined up against the right inside part of the line, the strongest side of the Falcons line, and were absolutely shut down. The 69 snaps between them yielded zero quarterback pressures. These two players have had success running against guards rather than tackles and centers, who they were lined up against this week.

Overall, as I said last week, the players did very well. I think this defense is a top 10 defense, we held a very high quality offense to 17 (10 of the final point count came on "automatic" points, where a team gets the ball in scoring position, not much a defense can do). This is also a good offense, I've just spent two weeks seeing players used against type, Moreno isn't a bruiser, why are they using him like it? Wolfe and Ayers aren't meant to compete against top guards, why are they being used that way? These players are being used ways that don't maximize their skill set. This is a very talented team, the real question is "can the coach staff help the talent we do have be used effectively?"

http://www.milehighr...lcons#storyjump

And... your team didnt play in the Super Bowl last year???? Humm....

yes we did and we should be good this year too and were favored against the Cards, but not so sure these are your standard 4-12 Cards either . . . lets see how the seasons pans out . . . the Cards are like 9-2 or something in the last 11 games and may have the best record in that stretch, so lets not sell them short . . .

Quarterback to quarterback you take a 5th year Peyton over a rookie.

The running back go again to James, Mungro, and Williams opposed to Brown, Ballard, and Carter. Even Edge coming of of the knee injury I would take him over Brown.

Wide receivers with Harrison, Ismail, and Wayne again are better than Wayne, Collie and Avery. Harrison set the record for receptions. No reason to chose against them.

The tight ends will probably go to Fleener and Allen over Pollard and Davenport.

The line no doubt goes to Tarik, DeMulling, Saturday, Diem, and Meadows. And by a mile.

On to the front 7 of the defense. I give it a slight edge to '02. Simply because the D-line of '02 goes to Freeney, Bratzke, Scioli, Trip. The line backing core goes to Mathis, Freeney, Freeman, and Connor are only slightly better than Washington, Morris, and Peterson. Maybe even a push for the linebackers.

The cornerbacks got to Powers and Davis over Harris and Macklin. Then for the safties it's a slight edge to 2012 only because Bethea is a phenomenal player.

Our schedule wasn't anymore weak than the Jets. It's an eight win difference. We had a talented team in '02, certainly not as talented as we've been use to, but the '02 team is better than 2012.

I'll give you the running backs only because it's hard to tell with the 2012 group because of the O-Line being bad for now. I would bet that Ballard ends up being better than Mungro once the line straightens up their act.

The only real major threat at the wideout position for that team at the time was Marvin Harrison. Ismail was average at best and so was Wayne in 2002. I would take a healthy Donnie Avery over him anytime.

The 2002 team did not have near as much depth at the wideoout position as the 2012 team.

You mean you would rather have Troy Walters, Marvin Harrison, 2002 Reggie Wayne, and Qadry Ismail

over 2012 Reggie Wayne, Donnie Avery, Austin Collie, T.Y. Hilton, Lavon Brazil, and Kris Adams?

From a talent standpoint there is way more to choose from with this team of 2012 at wideout.

The only proven producer off of that 2002 squad at WR was Marvin Harrison and maybe

Reggie Wayne in 02 who caught 49 balls for 716. Ismail Had a whopping 462 yards with 44 catches.

Troy Walters in 2002 caught a whopping 18 passes.

Donnie Avery in his Rookie year caught more balls then both of them.

Wayne and Avery barring injury in 2012 are on pace to catch more than that 2002 group the more Luck

keeps targeting those guys. I know Collie or Hilton are going to reach the 40 to 50 catch range. And you

still have Adams and Brazil. Before we even start talking about Fleener and Allen. There is much versatility

and depth with the 2012 wr group.

I'm not even sure I will let you have the D-Line if so it ain't by much at all. I'll take Redding any day over Scioli, and in 2002 Triplett wasn't even that good. He was the one that used to get pushed off the ball all the time, he had zero sacks and 18 tackles for the whole year. I think I would take Nevis over Triplett. Mookie Johnson has been doing a decent job at NT and then you have Tevaseu coming off the bench along with Ricardo Matthews(don't like him much) and we may get even more when Chapman gets back. We have decent depth on the D-Line for the 2012 group.

You've already conceded the safeties in 2012 are better, but even as a bench player Joe Lefeged is better than David Gibson was. Zbikowski is better than Gibson was.

Denver is a running team that now has a QB that feels he is still running the Colts offense (no running game).

But it was more than that, Nolan disguised his D so that Peyton saw 8 or 9 in the box and thought they were stacking the run, when they dropped back into 4 deep coverage and picked him off twice doing that.

ATL did a great job playing the Pass and those picks were all on Peyton. He should have come out running, set up the PA and lit them up.

Denver has the AFC west by merely showing up. Peyton said it himself, if you can win your division you are 2 wins away from a SB, where anything can happen. Why do you think he went to Denver.

And those of you saying that the AFC South is a weak division, you must be thinking 3 years ago. Texans are the real deal. Jags and Panthers are deceptive and not to be slept on.

[

I'm gone but 1 last post, an interesting take on misuse of Broncos players, that is not using their strengths but weakness's last night

, The Good aspects of the game are discussed too in the article

when you watch the game, this is what you'll see if you dig deep enough.

star-divide.v59c7267.jpg

The Bad:

Running Back Use

After Knowshon Moreno's fumble he mostly sat out the 2nd and 3rd quarters, being replaced by <a class="sbn-auto-link" href="http://www.sbnation....095/lance-ball" style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; outline: 0px; vertical-align: baseline; background-color: transparent; color: rgb(223, 97, 7); text-decoration: none; font-weight: bold; ">Lance Ball, but he came back into the game in the 4th quarter and finished the game. Moreno played a total of 11 snaps, split mostly between route running, pass blocking and run the ball, Ball took 13 snaps but was much more active as a receiver. Now neither was effective in the run game, but both had key receptions that converted for a 1st down. Ball had a nice open field catch and run while Moreno made a clutch decision to get open after Manning broke the pocket.

Now my issue isn't the number of snaps these two guys took, it seemed about right, it's how they were used. Anyone who has watched the Broncos know Moreno's best feature are his shiftiness in the open field and his speed. This usually means he's best used in the screen game and outside runs, the problem is all of his runs were planned for the inside, when there was no hole, he bounced outside where he was tackled. The same goes for Ball, who is a good inside runner (as we saw last season) but he lacks any burst for breaking away on the outside. Now the issue for Ball is clear, he isn't an outside runner or pass blocker but he's being used that way, the opposite is true for Moreno, he isn't an inside runner but he's being used that way.

It may have just been the situation, but the use of our backup running backs isn't very good. You switch the snaps of Moreno and Ball and both of them would have been more effective. Let's hope this trend changes.

Player Misuse on Both Defense and Offense

I already mentioned the misuse of Moreno and Ball, but this trend extended beyond these two men. Eric Deckerspent most of the game running deep out routes, and anyone who watched last season knows that's one area he isn't amazing at. Same thing for Jacob Tamme, who is at his best when running seam routes, instead he's running screens and shout out-slant routes. That's just on the offensive side of the ball.

On defense we see a similar situation. Tracy Porter, a high quality outside corner, spent almost half his snaps in the slot, where he has struggled for the past two seasons. Both Derek Wolfe and Robert Ayers were lined up against the right inside part of the line, the strongest side of the Falcons line, and were absolutely shut down. The 69 snaps between them yielded zero quarterback pressures. These two players have had success running against guards rather than tackles and centers, who they were lined up against this week.

Overall, as I said last week, the players did very well. I think this defense is a top 10 defense, we held a very high quality offense to 17 (10 of the final point count came on "automatic" points, where a team gets the ball in scoring position, not much a defense can do). This is also a good offense, I've just spent two weeks seeing players used against type, Moreno isn't a bruiser, why are they using him like it? Wolfe and Ayers aren't meant to compete against top guards, why are they being used that way? These players are being used ways that don't maximize their skill set. This is a very talented team, the real question is "can the coach staff help the talent we do have be used effectively?"

http://www.milehighr...lcons#storyjump

Hey I totally agree with you on the misuse of Moreno. Moreno is better built for the stretch play, he is not an inside runner.

Denver is a running team that now has a QB that feels he is still running the Colts offense (no running game).

But it was more than that, Nolan disguised his D so that Peyton saw 8 or 9 in the box and thought they were stacking the run, when they dropped back into 4 deep coverage and picked him off twice doing that.

ATL did a great job playing the Pass and those picks were all on Peyton. He should have come out running, set up the PA and lit them up.

Denver has the AFC west by merely showing up. Peyton said it himself, if you can win your division you are 2 wins away from a SB, where anything can happen. Why do you think he went to Denver.

And those of you saying that the AFC South is a weak division, you must be thinking 3 years ago. Texans are the real deal. Jags and Panthers are deceptive and not to be slept on.

Yeah the Titans and Jags with their 0-2 records and zero offense. You mention the panthers, but they are not in the AFC South

Yeah the Titans and Jags with their 0-2 records and zero offense. You mention the panthers, but they are not in the AFC South

mispoke. Titans not panthers.

If we can't stop Jones-Drew, then the jags are still an issue for us no? We stopped AP one week. you better hope we can contain Jones-Drew twice in a season.

mispoke. Titans not panthers.

If we can't stop Jones-Drew, then the jags are still an issue for us no? We stopped AP one week. you better hope we can contain Jones-Drew twice in a season.

We will not have a problem. This is not the same team from last year or the other years. We are stout against the run for the most part. We had a couple issues against the Bears, but I think we were worn out from too many series on defense due to all of Lucks turnovers in that game and three and outs. I think we will be fine against Jones Drew especially at home. I don't say that in an over confident manner, but just with normal confidence.

One thing that people have talked little about in regards to Peyton's surgery showed up last night. My wife had this same exact neck fusion surgery years ago. While the pain is gone, she still cannot rotate her head to the left as much as she did before the surgery. The fusion itself limits the normal rotation of the neck. Nearly all of the defensive protection that Peyton was missing last night came from his left. I think that Peyton will have more and more difficulty detecting movement from that side in the defensive backfield, and his INT numbers will increase. I hope I am wrong. If Peyton compensates for this limited neck mobility, he will literally need to turn his body more to the left to see all of that part of the field, which will then totally mess up his mechanics. Time will tell...

One thing that people have talked little about in regards to Peyton's surgery showed up last night. My wife had this same exact neck fusion surgery years ago. While the pain is gone, she still cannot rotate her head to the left as much as she did before the surgery. The fusion itself limits the normal rotation of the neck. Nearly all of the defensive protection that Peyton was missing last night came from his left. I think that Peyton will have more and more difficulty detecting movement from that side in the defensive backfield, and his INT numbers will increase. I hope I am wrong. If Peyton compensates for this limited neck mobility, he will literally need to turn his body more to the left to see all of that part of the field, which will then totally mess up his mechanics. Time will tell...

I had 5 cervical , vertebrae operated on, got post op infection, though a bit stiff can rotate from side to side over each shoulder easily and then with peripheral vision can see a ton behind me , once rotated had this done in 1988, so plenty of time to worsen & know from scans have increased spurring and arthritis ,

Rookie Blake is put on IR and calling up guard-center C.J. Davis from the practice squad.

Brock was to come in in final seconds if a Hail Mary was going to be the next play if we got ball back

Read more:Broncos' Brock Osweiler was ready to replace Peyton Manning - The Denver Posthttp://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_21573841/broncos-brock-osweiler-replace-peyton-manning#ixzz26rZWO0Ng

I'll give you the running backs only because it's hard to tell with the 2012 group because of the O-Line being bad for now. I would bet that Ballard ends up being better than Mungro once the line straightens up their act.

The only real major threat at the wideout position for that team at the time was Marvin Harrison. Ismail was average at best and so was Wayne in 2002. I would take a healthy Donnie Avery over him anytime.

The 2002 team did not have near as much depth at the wideoout position as the 2012 team.

You mean you would rather have Troy Walters, Marvin Harrison, 2002 Reggie Wayne, and Qadry Ismail

over 2012 Reggie Wayne, Donnie Avery, Austin Collie, T.Y. Hilton, Lavon Brazil, and Kris Adams?

From a talent standpoint there is way more to choose from with this team of 2012 at wideout.

The only proven producer off of that 2002 squad at WR was Marvin Harrison and maybe

Reggie Wayne in 02 who caught 49 balls for 716. Ismail Had a whopping 462 yards with 44 catches.

Troy Walters in 2002 caught a whopping 18 passes.

Donnie Avery in his Rookie year caught more balls then both of them.

Wayne and Avery barring injury in 2012 are on pace to catch more than that 2002 group the more Luck

keeps targeting those guys. I know Collie or Hilton are going to reach the 40 to 50 catch range. And you

still have Adams and Brazil. Before we even start talking about Fleener and Allen. There is much versatility

and depth with the 2012 wr group.

I'm not even sure I will let you have the D-Line if so it ain't by much at all. I'll take Redding any day over Scioli, and in 2002 Triplett wasn't even that good. He was the one that used to get pushed off the ball all the time, he had zero sacks and 18 tackles for the whole year. I think I would take Nevis over Triplett. Mookie Johnson has been doing a decent job at NT and then you have Tevaseu coming off the bench along with Ricardo Matthews(don't like him much) and we may get even more when Chapman gets back. We have decent depth on the D-Line for the 2012 group.

You've already conceded the safeties in 2012 are better, but even as a bench player Joe Lefeged is better than David Gibson was. Zbikowski is better than Gibson was.

Hey krunk, I ran out of likes already...Major bummer. Nicely written post my friend!!! :thmup:

Interesting...Good information there. Thank you.

Hey TubaGuy, I've seen you on TV here in Badger Country, WI as a displaced Indianapolis Colts, diehard fan and your GameDay mascot persona is pretty cool IMO. Nice!!!

I had 5 cervical , vertebrae operated on, got post op infection, though a bit stiff can rotate from side to side over each shoulder easily and then with peripheral vision can see a ton behind me , once rotated had this done in 1988, so plenty of time to worsen & know from scans have increased spurring and arthritis ,

Wow Bayone, you have been through a lot in your life. I admire your determination, perseverance, and continued optimism buddy!!! :thmup: You're a pretty interesting guy too with fascinating hobbies and favorite past times IMO.

That's okay! The smiley face is enough

I meant to say I would take a healthy Donnie Avery over Qadry Ismail. Avery is faster and has more heart.

I'd forgot to mention Moala as well. Probably because I diss him sometimes. He's better than Ricardo Matthews though.