Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Peyton looks horrible

Golfr

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The D that the Falcons played reminded me of the "Amoeba" style that Rob Ryan loves to play, people standing up, and something the Chargers did at the line of scrimmage as well vs Peyton. The best things you can do against those is to run the ball since the O-line can win leverage battles 9 out of 10 times and Peyton did not do that and they played pass all the way in the 1st quarter.

The last drive seemed like Peyton has finally settled down and mixed in the run with the pass well. Maybe he forgot how to play in the dome, LOL, and how loud it can get :).

Bad first quarter by Peyton PLUS a fumble by Mcgahee.

Also the Denver D can't get pressure for crap on Matt Ryan. 100+ yards in penalties, a fumble recovery given to ATL when DEN came out with it, so on and so forth.

Bad game by the Broncos. Bad game by officials. Good job by ATL. It's not over yet, though.

Frankly, some of you disgust me - talking about Peyton Manning as though he was just any other "former-Colt", where is the loyalty to the player that built this franchise to what it is today?

Even though he wears a different uniform, he is still a Colt at heart (especially the way he runs that offense) if you casually dismiss him then you are casually dismissing a decade of excellence.

As for the game, Manning has always struggled with DCs who took away his pre-snap read eg Crennel, Riviera, Nolan ...what annoys me is they throw the kitchen sink at him one week, then the next they go back to their old same, vanilla selves and look completely beatable ...why don't they play this way every week for every QB? Argh!!!!

I hate to say it but I don't think Peyton is mentally strong right now .. he doesn't have faith in himself physically and now it looks like he doesn't have faith in what he sees

Frankly, some of you disgust me - talking about Peyton Manning as though he was just any other "former-Colt", where is the loyalty to the player that built this franchise to what it is today?

Even though he wears a different uniform, he is still a Colt at heart (especially the way he runs that offense) if you casually dismiss him then you are casually dismissing a decade of excellence.

As for the game, Manning has always struggled with DCs who took away his pre-snap read eg Crennel, Riviera, Nolan ...what annoys me is they throw the kitchen sink at him one week, then the next they go back to their old same, vanilla selves and look completely beatable ...why don't they play this way every week for every QB? Argh!!!!

I hate to say it but I don't think Peyton is mentally strong right now .. he doesn't have faith in himself physically and now it looks like he doesn't have faith in what he sees

This thread was originally in the Colts section which is why people were saying that.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now