Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Justin Snow signs with Skins (Merge)

Gavin

Good for Justin he served us well and wish him success with his new team.

Looks like all the fiasco with the Raiders a good LS is still in demand.

The Raiders were at the receiving end of having played a MNF game. Otherwise, they would have signed Justin Snow in an instant if they had played a 1 p.m. game like the Redskins.

First, Hunter Smith and now Justin Snow, they love our unsung ST heroes, the Redskins. :)

http://www.sundbergit.com/

I got a kick out of this. Skins' long snapper is selling t-shirts. I like the one "Our long snapper is tougher than your long snapper". I say good for him though - take advantage while you can. How often do we hear a long snapper's name for something positive?

Sundberg was placed on IR for those that didn't know. I don't believe they tagged him for the "temporary" IR, so Snow is probably there for the rest of the season.

http://www.sundbergit.com/

I got a kick out of this. Skins' long snapper is selling t-shirts. I like the one "Our long snapper is tougher than your long snapper". I say good for him though - take advantage while you can. How often do we hear a long snapper's name for something positive?

Sundberg was placed on IR for those that didn't know. I don't believe they tagged him for the "temporary" IR, so Snow is probably there for the rest of the season.

It's smart for him to capitalize on something like this. It's a miracle he's not bashed for it around here.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Topics

• Yup, after I posted, I looked it up. Looks like Coutee only had 2 weeks on the 53 last year, which he needs 6 min for an accrued season.    If TY isn't resigned, I think Coutee stands a decent chance of sticking on the 53. We're over stocked on bigs, not so much on Z/slot types. That is, unless they start running 6-3+ guys from Z... 
    • I think Coutee has one more year to accrue.
    • Coutee was a late waive (last cut day) by Houston that surprised a lot of folks, and we jumped on him quickly (I think it was around the time we knew TY would miss time). I don't mean necessarily that someone will grab him for a starter roll, but he'll get grabbed by someone (PS or 53). He's been in the league 4 seasons, but not sure he's met the accrued 4 year stipulation (weeks on 53). Strachan and Patmon both have a little film out there which will interest teams. Patmon has a bit of a rep for not being a my-ball guy, so that likely hurts him. Strachan is seen as raw with a high ceiling so teams are more likely to romanticize lol. All three would at least make it to a team, 53 or PS. But I think Strachan is the most likely claimed for a 53 spot. 
    • This happens every year with a late round pick. Fans go crazy and they wind up doing nothing. I just don’t get invested in that late of a draft pick because chances are slim they contribute.
    • Its not that Strachan was only a 7th round pick, so who cares?    Ballard and the scouts think they’ve uncovered a Diamond in the rough.   He’s 6’5” and 225 and runs 4.5.   And he played zero high level football until he came to the Colts.    Think of all of our draft video’s over the years where Ballard says we want traits, high level traits.   Those are things you can’t coach up.   And you can’t coach up 6’5” 225 and 4.5.   But we can coach up his ability to read defenses and the routes that he runs, and even his hands.   Those you can make better.    If you’re hung up on the round we drafted him in, think of it this way….  Had he gone to a Big Boy school like Georgia,  or Notre Dame, or USC, he likely would’ve been drafted higher.   The kid has raw talent.   We’ve given Patmon two years of polishing, odds are we’d like to give Strachan the same. 
  • Members