Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

How bout Joe Reitz at RT?

needanoline63

WINSTON JUSTICE scares me!! He is inconsistent and has sloppy technique, a move to guard would be better off, or we could sign deuce Lutui or some free agent, possibly even trade for one. On a side note im hoping we hold onto justin anderson to see what he can do.Joe reitz is 6'7 322 pounds, not ideal size to be a consistent successful guard in the nfl. While he has done a DECENT job at guard, a move to right tackle would make more sense. Colts coaches need to take advantage of his size and athletic ability(played basketball in college, started 126 of 128 games). We have the bears in week 1 joe reitz and Seth Olsen have to face off against the likes of Matt Toeania, Julius peppers, Henry Melton, and Stephen paea. If Samson Satele is having a good day at center then that will make reitz and Olsen's play look alrite but if it's one on one's most of the time then paea who is a monster, will light up both Olsen and reitz.

justice is fine. its our guards that scare me. all the pressure in the skins game was coming from the middle

Justice is not fine, at times he looks like a rookie out there, doesn't look like he has a lot of awareness or consistent technique, without those 2 attributes, you are nothing but a bumb

I'm not sold on anyone on our O-line except Satele. I'm still not sold on Castonzo. I don't think Reitz is the solution at RT though. He plays guard and tackles must be more athletic and technically sound and I don't think Reitz fits the bill

If you or anyone thinks Winston justice is athletic or technically sound then I have lost all faith

im kinda anxious to see McGlynn back out on the field..he had a rough first game(and i bashed him for it) but it couldve been 1st game jitters or whatever the case may be.all i have to judge him by is the one quarter he did play. he got man handled at times and he had some good moments as well. Hopefully he can bounce back for week 1 because I dont think I can go another game with Olsen at guard. even though he got manhandled at times the OLine did manage to keep Luck's jersey clean(some due to his athleticism and pocket awareness). wishful thinking but I need McGlynn to bounce back strong in a big way.

I think we are going to have to go with what we have. Reitz seems to have settled in at LG pretty well. If that is the case and we got a position figured out...well keep him there. I think having a solid lg and a poor rt is better than having a poor lg and a poor/avg rt. Just because he is good at guard doesn't mean he will be at tackle.

Truely....I am ok with Satele right now...and in a perfect world I would move Costanzo to RT and put in a franchise LT. Then Ijalana would be my rg...but that isn't happening. We have to ride this out. I looked at the waiver wire and there is no one worth really picking up yet. Not to mention we aren't the only team with OL issues.....watching preseason there are a ton of teams that haven't looked great. Go with what we got...and hope we continue to get better.

who keeps saying reitz is less athletic than Justice Words are CMON MAN Reitz is a basketball player you telling me he cant move them feet to set a pick?

Seriously ? Really?He cant boxout?Heads up over Justice in athleticism not even a contest.Would he be great dunno never seen him play T could he pick yes boxout yes Can he slide his feet yes is he faster than Justice yes

Joe Reitz is a gametime decision fir the Bengals game. He got kicked in the knee at practice yesterday and had some swelling and was held out of practice today for precautionary reasons

Let that swelling subside, rest him and Luck. One series and out for Luck, that is all I want Luck to play.

I don't think Reitz to RT is a silly idea at all - from a capability standpoint - but Justice hasn't even remotely failed yet at the tackle spot to the degree that would justify giving up on the current alignment. Additionally, a really good pass protecting LG is every bit as important, and maybe moreso than a RT where Luck can see pressure and avoid it. If our RG can keep from allowing the pocket to blow up, I think Justice can push a speed rusher around the backside adequately...and that is how it is supposed to work. There isn't a tackle in the league that every really beats Freeney on a speed rush - they just hope to route him around the backside so the QB can step up and deliver.

While, I personally, think Reitz could handle the RT position I would not agree with moving him there. Reitz and AC are forming a very good T/G duo and if you move Reitz even if they put in Tepper (of whom I'm a fan) you weaken the LG position and then you weaken Reitz ability at RT. Then you still have an issue at RG.

Leave the left side along and develop that so it becomes a strength and let's just hope they get something worked out on the right side. That Justice somehow will miraculously start playing like a starter (even though he hasn't for 7 years in the league) and perhaps the coaches finally decide to see of Tepper can maul the 1st string D like he does the back-ups.

a) why mess with the OL chemistry that is so important so late on the preseason. Castonzo-Reitz, since last year seemed to get it together, they look they are comfortable

b) why on earth is 6-7 not idea for G? "Joe reitz is 6'7 322 pounds, not ideal size to be a consistent successful guard in the nfl"

c) never really trusted Justice, thats why i would like to see him move to G to see what he can do, but unless the team feals like Lkenbach can hold that spot then justice shouldnt be move

lets try tepper at guard what the heck, olsen sucks, and mcglyn aint no star either so why not try tepper

I know that most of you don't like the idea, but I don't think it would be that bad. The chemistry on the left side has been looking pretty good. I'd hate to mess it up, but I really believe we'd be getting better all around on the line if there were a couple moves. Nobody on here likes Reitz better than I, he's a solid guard, plays with strong leverage and is good at pulling and blocking in space. But at least in my opinion, his size and athleticism just screams Tackle. At RT; Reitz > Justice

Then you move Justice inside to Guard, although I don't believe he's ever played there before. He does not have the footwork/speed to get to the edge or take speed rushers out of the play in pass-pro, but I think he has a lot of strength that would translate nicely over to right or left guard. He's more of a mauler than an athletic lineman. At LG; Justice would probably better than or equal to Reitz.....imo.

Then at RG, I'd pretty much say 'let the best man win.' It would go down to Mike McGlynn (not my ideal option), Seth Olsen (I feel he's better than McGlynn, not saying much), or Mike Tepper. Tepper would be my preference, if for nothing more than his gargantuan size and strength. He wouldn't be the kind of guy that pulls out and latches on to defenders in space, but if we're playing a more hat-on-a-hat blocking scheme, he could probably handle his opponent in a much more acceptable way than McGlynn or Olsen.

Either way, if we're having a hard time running the ball, sometimes you have to experiment. Brown was unable to get anything against Washington. I don't foresee us being as abysmal as we were the other day in all the games, but I'd at least test something different out if things don't work out the way you need them to.

a) why mess with the OL chemistry that is so important so late on the preseason. Castonzo-Reitz, since last year seemed to get it together, they look they are comfortable

b) why on earth is 6-7 not idea for G? "Joe reitz is 6'7 322 pounds, not ideal size to be a consistent successful guard in the nfl"

c) never really trusted Justice, thats why i would like to see him move to G to see what he can do, but unless the team feals like Lkenbach can hold that spot then justice shouldnt be move

lets try tepper at guard what the heck, olsen sucks, and mcglyn aint no star either so why not try tepper

How many 6'7 guards do u know of in the nfl?

How many 6'7 guards do u know of in the nfl?

how many guys in the NFL do you know are 6'7? I mean there arent that many but whats the problem with that?

how many C you know of saturdays size/weight...and he rocked

how many 5'11 turn out to be great WR...outside WR not slot like marvin did?

my point is i dont care, the kid plays well at LG, and moving him will just weaken a strong LG spot we have, HOPING he solidifies RT.

not to mention destroying any type of chemistry the OL might have 1 week before the opener

how many guys in the NFL do you know are 6'7? I mean there arent that many but whats the problem with that?

how many C you know of saturdays size/weight...and he rocked

how many 5'11 turn out to be great WR...outside WR not slot like marvin did?

my point is i dont care, the kid plays well at LG, and moving him will just weaken a strong LG spot we have, HOPING he solidifies RT.

not to mention destroying any type of chemistry the OL might have 1 week before the opener

Totally agree, leave the left side alone. Hit the waiver wire for veterans cut if our last try in game 4 does not work out in pre-season.