Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. Roman Wilson is tough 4.39 WR who had an excellent senior bowl week. Might be a good 3rd rounder for the colts
  3. That is true, too... We are in a run of WRs right now too... No idea where it stops and who is left when we pick. But in general the class is really deep with WRs. I think even in R3 you are probably going to get good players.
  4. Looking forward to see him play. Kids seems to have the heart and desire to succeed!
  5. Dejean is a cover 3 corner who can tackle and is a playmaker. He fits exactly what they need. Got to get a WR though.
  6. I agree he will find a good player at 46 or acquire extra picks and find good players. That has been his MO. But at this point if there is first round talent that has slipped into the 2nd round at an area of need I prefer Ballard get aggressive and move up for that player. Colts need difference makers IMHO.
  7. This is also considered a very deep WR draft going well into the second round. Some are just stomping their feet and throwing a fit because they didn’t get the position they wanted tonight and it shows.
  8. I think a lot of the WR that were expected to go round 2 early went in round one though. I could be wrong.
  9. There are several potentially good ones left, just nobody with a resume anywhere near B. Bowers. I personally like Theo Johnson a lot, but several Ballard types will be available in the later rounds, such as: Cade Stover, Ben Sinnot, Jared Wiley, Tip Reiman (all of whom I like) & more. I would be surprised if we drafted a TE before round 4 or 5 though.
  10. Or he knew around 11 or 12 one of the guys he wanted was going to be there at 15 and just decided to let it play out. I do agree with you he was swinging for the fences trying to get one of the big three WRs. Just didn’t work out, hopefully this is one of those sometimes the best trades are the ones you don’t make cases. I think WR is going to be one of the options tomorrow but so will corner, safety and perhaps DT or LB depending on what’s there. They need a running back too but I think that comes later in the draft than tomorrow.
  11. That's actually not true. WR in R2 and R3 is actually the best value. PFF had a stat for drafts after 2015 and the drop off in R2 and R3 producing starters was the smallest at WR than in any other position. It was something like: WR: R1: 60% R2 and R3: 50% In comparison for EDGE the stats were something along the lines of: R1:60% R2:25% So ... purely analytically, the Colts did the right thing if you believe in the player you took... which I personally love Latu so no objections on my end. And usually day 2 is golden for WRs compared to other position.
  12. I’ve been saying and I am going to stick to it I don’t think the Colts are planning to move on from MAC. They clearly like him a lot more than fans do.
  13. Yes, would rather have a starting player then a 4th string wr lol
  14. ballard has not been good at drafting pass rushers maybe this one will work out if his neck holds up to nfl contact
  15. Anyone know anything about the rest of the te’s left. Maybe we could find someone to replace MAC in the second or third
  16. I guess I can kind of get that from the post, but if so, then why did he quote me? I mentioned that there are lots of good players left, and he replied "But are they better than pierce." Would that logic apply if the colts 2nd round pick was a safety, CB, OL, etc...? Maybe I misunderstood the post?
  17. The Colts last three good WRs have all been found in rounds two or three, Downs, Pittman, and Hilton. Before that it was Garçon who was a late round pick and Collie who was a mid round pick. You can find WRs all over the draft. It doesn’t have to be a first rounder like Marvin and Reggie were.
  18. Only practice squad worthy? So if a WR isn't picked in the 1st round they are only good for the practice squad? Or maybe I am misreading your post?
  19. Yeah they didn’t have the same value on him. If they put a big offer even on Odunze at 9, then a similar offer gets Bowers. They just didn’t value him, and I don’t know why I’m surprised by it, because Ballard’s repeatedly talked about blocking tight ends value. I’m going to be watching Latu clips all weekend now. He says he believes Latu was the final piece to the d-line and considers it excellent, by far the best since he’s been here. no excuses- trenches are important. Arguably the best o-line and d-line going into 2024 during his tenure. He has the qb. Has some weapons, obviously looking to add. I would expect a receiver 2nd round. Maybe we trade up right off the bat.
  20. I think he was implying that if the wr isn’t better than pierce no reason to waste another second round pick on wr
  21. There is going to be a guy there at 46 that will help the Colts. The question is do the Colts stay at 46? I think it’s highly posable they move back a little and get an extra pick or two.
  22. What does that have to do with anything? There are other positions than WR. Our offense wasn't bad last year, with a backup QB, and our defense needs help. Is it WR or bust for you? Even if so, I bet 4 years from now, looking back, some of the 2/3/4 round WR's will outperform some of the 1st round WR's; it happens a lot. I personally hope for a defense-heavy draft, with a few choice offensive players that fit our scheme.
  23. Had to be they got the top defensive guy on their board.
  24. Out of the WRs left, the ones I like the most are AD Mitchell, Ja'lynn Polk and Jalen Coker.
  1. Load more activity