Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

The one player you want from this years draft

Every year I always have one player I would like the Colts to get(regardless of round). This year It is Brock Bowers, but I don't want to trade up unless it's minimal like 2 spots and we only have to give up our 3rd and probably get a 4th or 5th rounder back. Then a later round guy is Kamari Lassiter in the 3rd or 4th round. And my dark horse first round selection that no one is seeing coming- Taliese Fuaga. 

• Like 1

Mason McCormick.  Stud athlete and great run blocker.  We probably would not want to give Fries a long term contract after this year, what with the LG, RT, and C making a ton and Reimann next up for a huge pay day.  McCormick  could step right into the line-eup in 2025.

Honorable Mention: Max Melton.

• Like 3

20 hours ago, Two_pound said:

Every year I always have one player I would like the Colts to get(regardless of round). This year It is Brock Bowers, but I don't want to trade up unless it's minimal like 2 spots and we only have to give up our 3rd and probably get a 4th or 5th rounder back. Then a later round guy is Kamari Lassiter in the 3rd or 4th round. And my dark horse first round selection that no one is seeing coming- Taliese Fuaga. 

A defensive player who becomes a playmaker and gets a hefty 2nd contract. I can live with that.

There’s a bunch of guys I like. DeJean, Pearsall, Quinyon. Latu(if neck good), Bowers... there’s a bunch of others guys I’d be happy with too. I’d love Nabers or Odunze if one drops to trade up range. 

Cowherd had an interesting comment today

He claimed that 73% of all round 1 drafted WRs “ fail”

I caught the end of it……. 

Interesting concept 

MAYBE it’s a valid reason to not trade up for a WR

• Like 1

On 4/22/2024 at 4:36 PM, Archer said:

Honorable Mention: Max Melton.

But Max Melton is 5'11", not 6'0" or 33" arms, one of which you see in all of Ballard's corners. :) 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, chad72 said:

But Max Melton is 5'11", not 6'0" or 33" arms, one of which you see in all of Ballard's corners. :) 

I think his 32 1/8” arms are what started me thinking about him.  Longer than the other top corners.  Also, CB loves guys who come to all-star games and impress.  He was the 2nd best corner at the SB, next to Quinyon.  And 9.65 RAS score.  He’s got a lot going for him by Ballard’s standards.