Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

New Orleans (+5) at Minnesota (1-15-18)

oldunclemark

9 minutes ago, dgambill said:

I thought he was trying to take out his legs and tackle him but just missed him...hard to say only he knows. If I'm him there im  catching him in the air and trying to ride him out of bounds before his feet come down. The corner just didn't help him either..and play all around.

He didn't think

All the had to do was grab him and hold him. the ref wouldn't stop the clock and the game ends long before the Vikings can line up for another play.

It happens...he just didnt think

• Replies 393
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yeah just got off the phone with him. He is so happy and was speechless. He thought it was over. I called him and the 1st thing I said was - did you just see that? He could barley even talk lmao. He was sick to his stomach haha during the game. I tell ya, freakin sports!

When your team loses...its like they do it to you..

..and when they win...its like they did it for you...

Its very hard to explain to someone who doesn't care.

46 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

By the rules the Saints had to field the extra point.

Understood, but it was pretty brutal for the Saints that it had to be done. Could be something the competition committee looks at in this type of circumstance. 

43 minutes ago, dgambill said:

A lot hate them for that playoff win against Harbaugh although we probably get waxed by Dallas. Then that awful performance in 05 and the Rothlisburger tackle although we didn't deserve to win that game that was the best Indy Colt team of all time.

Although the following season (1996) the Colts played at Dallas in game 3, and Colts won 25-44 in what would have been a great Super Bowl! 

14 minutes ago, coltsva said:

Although the following season (1996) the Colts played at Dallas in game 3, and Colts won 25-44 in what would have been a great Super Bowl! 

25-24...a team without Michael Irving and Novachek with an injured Emmit Smith. That Dallas team was vastly different...I think Deion was even playing offense early in the year. Not saying we couldn't beat them but it would have been a long shot imo.

22 minutes ago, coltsva said:

Understood, but it was pretty brutal for the Saints that it had to be done. Could be something the competition committee looks at in this type of circumstance. 

I doubt it...just look how it effected betting lines...plus if the score was different a return could net defense 2pts. 

16 minutes ago, dgambill said:

25-24...a team without Michael Irving and Novachek with an injured Emmit Smith. That Dallas team was vastly different...I think Deion was even playing offense early in the year. Not saying we couldn't beat them but it would have been a long shot imo.

We probably wouldn't of beat Dallas but we got cheated out of being there.

1 hour ago, oldunclemark said:

He didn't think

All the had to do was grab him and hold him. the ref wouldn't stop the clock and the game ends long before the Vikings can line up for another play.

It happens...he just didnt think

He went for the Big Blowup hit (like our very own D Buts & a few others) rather than just going for the wrap up.  Typical these days.

1 hour ago, dgambill said:

I doubt it...just look how it effected betting lines...plus if the score was different a return could net defense 2pts. 

Well, regardless how it turns out one group of betters will be happy, one group won't, and if the league doesn't want to change it because of betting that's fine.

I did say only when there is a 3 or more point difference, which would make a 2 point defensive score irrelevant. 

1 hour ago, dgambill said:

Yeah, a long shot for sure, but it would have been great to see! 

Diggs catch reminded me of the Jacoby Jones catch with a safety Rahim Moore big whiff at getting the ball. Maybe the Vikings can cash in like the Ravens.

To be honest, Brees played out of his mind in the second half. Even in playoff losses, Brees looks good, like the loss at Seattle in 2010 with Beast mode beasting, vs the vaunted Seahawks D in 2013, and again vs the Vikes here on the road. 

Vikes do have the best all round team to challenge the Patriots but then, the Patriots will find mismatches, much like Sean Payton and Brees almost did. However, the Vikings will force anyone to play 60 minutes in the playoffs, and that is when you know you are a SB contender.

2 hours ago, Jules said:

I am late to the party, had a really busy weekend. Stunning games today though........

I found this and I thought I would post it to share with @NFLfan.  Congrats on your huge win.

The Titanic music shockingly fits the ending........

Celine.....now that's class right there. I'm not a big music person but greatest female voice I've ever heard....she could lift even angels wings...with her on Minnesota's side it was never in doubt!

37 minutes ago, Jules said:

I am a sucker for shocking endings in sports. The reactions to this are just priceless. One more for the night.

What is funny is you know there is a girl there that is like "oh the guy fell down...is that bad honey?" Ok...so does this mean you won't be dragging me to shotty bars ever Sunday with your friends for like 9 months? :jump:   sorry Jules but I know you see her in the back ground too lol!!

8 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Celine.....now that's class right there. I'm not a big music person but greatest female voice I've ever heard....she could lift even angels wings...with her on Minnesota's side it was never in doubt!

I saw the Titanic 5 times in the theater when it came out as a young girl. lmaolmaolmao My best female friend and I were obsessed.

I seen people do sports moments with this song but this is by far the best I ever seen with it since it just fits so perfectly it's almost bizarre.......

For the record, I kind of feel for poor Brees. He played his butt off to come back and he turns 39 tomorrow. But I was disgusted this past year how the Saints fans online taunted the Falcons fans. Very disgusted. They constantly rubbed in the SB loss to the Pats as if they played a part in it and just never quit on it. And even when Matt Ryan and his wife found out they were expecting twins he got trolled:

http://touchdownwire.usatoday.com/2017/11/21/matt-ryan-twins-super-bowl-li-trolled/

3 hours ago, chad72 said:

Diggs catch reminded me of the Jacoby Jones catch with a safety Rahim Moore big whiff at getting the ball. Maybe the Vikings can cash in like the Ravens.

To be honest, Brees played out of his mind in the second half. Even in playoff losses, Brees looks good, like the loss at Seattle in 2010 with Beast mode beasting, vs the vaunted Seahawks D in 2013, and again vs the Vikes here on the road. 

Vikes do have the best all round team to challenge the Patriots but then, the Patriots will find mismatches, much like Sean Payton and Brees almost did. However, the Vikings will force anyone to play 60 minutes in the playoffs, and that is when you know you are a SB contender.

Same here, this ending really reminded me of Ravens/Broncos big time. Oh boy.......memories.-omg-

I give the Vikings a shot to beat the Pats if this is the big game. I would favor NE to pull it out with their experience and Tom Brady. But a home Super Bowl and the kind of magic the Vikings have this year? Can't say they don't have a shot at this finally.

10 hours ago, IcEWoLF said:

Choke hahaha! Saints omg!!! That guy is gonna get cut before they hit the locker room! They had one job and they screwed up royally omegalol!!!!

Nah. He was a rookie and had had a very solid year. He was the one who intercepted Keenum's pass that led to the Saints' second score.

Saints had a great rookie class. Lattimore, Ramczyk, Kamara, Marcus Williams, Trey Hendrickson, Alex Anzalone... those are just the ones I could remember. They have a great future. 

12 hours ago, Smoke317 said:

I would tell NFLfan to go to the game since it’s just a not too long train ride away. But you don’t want to be around Eagles fans.  Especially if you win.  Those nuts are crazy.  

Yeah, I don't think I would make it out of there alive. 

12 hours ago, coltsfansince65 said:

I was going to say this same thing. NFLfan, you may have a headache BECAUSE you haven't eaten. Just have something small to get you sugar level back up.

I did eat a bit later but I still have the headache (Not as bad). I need to take a nice walk around the reservoir in Central Park and I will feel better. 

Thanks for your concern, my friend.

10 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Steelers losing makes my whole year but would make it more if the Pats lose too, we hire McDaniels and Luck gets healthy.

Imagine Blake Bortles making the Super Bowl before Rivers, Luck, and Stafford. And before Teddy and Carr. :(

I still want them to beat the Pats. 

7 hours ago, Swan Ronson said:

How did it affect betting lined? They just knelt down?

I don’t bet but the betting line was Minnesota +5. So those who took the Saints with the 5 would lose if they kicked the extra point and those that took the Vikings would win...they knelt so it was a push...thus Vegas won because they got the money in their bank account for a week or whatever.

4 hours ago, NFLfan said:

Nah. He was a rookie and had had a very solid year. He was the one who intercepted Keenum's pass that led to the Saints' second score.

Saints had a great rookie class. Lattimore, Ramczyk, Kamara, Marcus Williams, Trey Hendrickson, Alex Anzalone... those are just the ones I could remember. They have a great future. 

He is. A second rd pick....sad thing is he picked off Keenum earlier in the game....changed the whole thing. He had like 4 picks during the season. Just hope this doesn’t wreck his career like Rahim Moore.

I think Colin Cowherd summed things up perfectly.

Not only about the last play in the Vikings-Saints game but also the importance of coaching. These playoffs are another reminder to all of us that it is not always about having the best QB in the playoffs.

1 hour ago, ar7 said:

I think Colin Cowherd summed things up perfectly.

Not only about the last play in the Vikings-Saints game but also the importance of coaching. These playoffs are another reminder to all of us that it is not always about having the best QB in the playoffs.

He is right about the Belichick thing. He has players prepared and do the right thing at the right time. I said it right after the play.

19 hours ago, dgambill said:

One thing is for sure...that never happens to NE...only 31 other teams. It was a great throw and catch....and might have got a fg anyways.

Brees played a great second half but let’s not act like he didn’t help put his team in a hole to begin with....just like Tom did last year in the SB...only difference was Toms defense got a stop on that last Atlanta drive. All that said I don’t remember Colin coming to Peyton’s rescue after that Baltimore game when he led his team down the field for the game winning TD only to have a similar gaff make his effort in vain as well. Seen it against the Jets in 2010 when he had us in position and a coaching error. Things happen but a qb only has control of so much. I do admire what NE has done because they rarely beat themselves....we saw a bit at the beginning of the season but they are back to being the Patriots and I expect them to win it all...not just because of Tom but because of how prepared they are.

19 hours ago, coltsva said:

I have that game on DVD. Colts hit a long field goal to win .  I think it hit the upright or something .  Cary Blanchard possibly.