Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

New Orleans (+5) at Minnesota (1-15-18)

oldunclemark

• Replies 393
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, NFLfan said:

He does.  Keenum throws those types of passes and the receivers have bailed him out all year. Many fans who are concerned about his accuracy wanted Sam Bradford or Teddy to play in place of Keenum. Both are more accurate than Keenum but Keenum has that killer instinct which Bradford certainly does not have. 

He’s gotten you this far.  Gotta let him finish it.  Thielen, Diggs, & Rudolph are a pretty nice trio of playmakers. 

7 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

You can eat and drink now. I am like that when the Colts or Cubs play in huge games. I cant eat until the game is over. If we end up winning the party begins. That is one of the best wins in Minny history. Gets you to the Final 4.

Lol. I am not hungry anymore. Actually, I have a bit of a headache from being so nervous earlier. 

I did not want to lose to the Saints. haha

1 minute ago, oldunclemark said:

Exactly right...cant convince me they don't know what time it is!!!!

Thin line between joy and pain...  Joy for Vikes fans and pain for Saints fans.  The temporary joy for all who took either the Saints or Vikes to cover to only have it ripped away from both at the end with a push.  The oddsmakers are just too dang good at their jobs...

Just now, NFLfan said:

Lol. I am not hungry anymore. Actually, I have a bit of a headache from being so nervous earlier. 

We kinda feel that way about the Chargers...  Besides the Patriots, that’s the last team we want to see in the playoffs. 

2 minutes ago, Smoke317 said:

Thin line between joy and pain...  Joy for Vikes fans and pain for Saints fans.  The temporary joy for all who took either the Saints or Vikes to cover to only have it ripped away from both at the end with a push.  The oddsmakers are just too dang good at their jobs...

so true....we're 'playing' the odds.....they're making them and they're not playing

2 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

You should probably eat because your going to crash when the adrenaline rush ends....you might pass out but you'll definitely feel sick if  you dont.

Just now, Smoke317 said:

We kinda feel that way about the Chargers...  Besides the Patriots, that’s the last team we want to see in the playoffs. 

Is that right? I wanted a Vikings-Chargers Super Bowl. I thought Colts fans hate the Steelers and Pats?

I am a big fan of Philip Rivers. I am also a fan of Andrew, being a Stanford fan. I want both to win a Super Bowl.

Just now, DraftMaster said:

The Vikings are going to the pit of misery!

Philly Philly!

I would tell NFLfan to go to the game since it’s just a not too long train ride away. But you don’t want to be around Eagles fans.  Especially if you win.  Those nuts are crazy.  

7 minutes ago, dgambill said:

You should probably eat because your going to crash when the adrenaline rush ends....you might pass out but you'll definitely feel sick if  you dont.

Oh, I will eat. I just don't feel like it. I didn't drink (alcohol) -- actually for those 3 hours I ate and drank nothing. That is unusual. But I will eat. Probably soon, as I dont like to eat too late. Thanks for your concern.

2 minutes ago, coltsva said:

That was cruel. Saints should have stayed in the locker room. Let the vikings take a knee, throw a flag on the Saints, Vikings decline the penalty.

When the clock hits zero, if the lead is 3 or more, game over. 

By the rules the Saints had to field the extra point.

1 minute ago, NFLfan said:

Oh, I will eat. I just don't feel like it. I didn't drink (alcohol) -- actually for those 3 hours I ate and drank nothing. That is unusual. But I will eat. Probably soon, as I dont like to eat too late. Thanks for yiur concern.

Hey congrats on your teams victory my friend. I'm a colts fan but during that final drive for the vikings i felt the same tension i would feel during a regular colts game. lol i also was jumping for joy after that catch though :rock::rock:

6 minutes ago, dgambill said:

I was going to say this same thing. NFLfan, you may have a headache BECAUSE you haven't eaten. Just have something small to get you sugar level back up.

5 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

Oh, I will eat. I just don't feel like it. I didn't drink (alcohol) -- actually for those 3 hours I ate and drank nothing. That is unusual. But I will eat. Probably soon, as I dont like to eat too late. Thanks for yiur concern.

No worries. You deserve to feel your best after that epic win! Happy dreams!

6 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

Is that right? I wanted a Vikings-Chargers Super Bowl. I thought Colts fans hate the Steelers and Pats?

I am a big fan of Philip Rivers. I am also a fan of Andrew, being a Stanford fan. I want both to win a Super Bowl.

Oh yeah.  We hate those 2 because they were our AFC dynastic rivals.  The Chargers just knocked us out of the playoffs a couple times.  Once with Phillip Rivers leaving the game with a torn acl & Billy Volek beating us.  2nd Time was their punter having the best game of punting I’ve ever seen in a football game in all my years of watching football. They just had our number.

23 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

You can eat and drink now. I am like that when the Colts or Cubs play in huge games. I cant eat until the game is over. If we end up winning the party begins. That is one of the best wins in Minny history. Gets you to the Final 4.

Did you speak to the relative? Send him my regards. He has been waiting for this for many years. I am not old enough to have seen the 4 teams that went to the SB but he probably did. He should be happy tonight. 

1 minute ago, Shadow_Creek said:

Hey congrats on your teams victory my friend. I'm a colts fan but during that final drive for the vikings i felt the same tension i would feel during a regular colts game. lol i also was jumping for joy after that catch though :rock::rock:

Yep I screamed get out of bounds because it put them in fg range but I didn't know no one was behind him! I felt bad for saints fans....as a Peyton fan  when we lost in 2012 it was like deja vu  where the Denver safety did the same thing. Heart breaking I'm sure.

Colts fans don't have anything serious against the Steelers....NE is another story..

I disagree the Steelers are probably my second most hated team in the AFC.

The 1995 Title game and the Divisional game from 12 years ago.

Plus I never liked them to begin with even before all of that because of their obnoxious fans which a lot of them live here.

Colts fans don't have anything serious against the Steelers....NE is another story..

A lot hate them for that playoff win against Harbaugh although we probably get waxed by Dallas. Then that awful performance in 05 and the Rothlisburger tackle although we didn't deserve to win that game that was the best Indy Colt team of all time.

1 minute ago, CF4L said:

Plus I never liked them to begin with even before all of that because of their obnoxious fans which a lot of them live here.

Feel the same!

1 minute ago, CF4L said:

Yep. Steelers fans live everywhere...  And those 2 games are why I hate them too.  Both cost us Super Bowl trips because everyone knows we owned the Broncos during that time.  That Super Bowl in Detroit would have been like a home game for us.

1 hour ago, dgambill said:

A lot hate them for that playoff win against Harbaugh although we probably get waxed by Dallas. Then that awful performance in 05 and the Rothlisburger tackle although we didn't deserve to win that game that was the best Indy Colt team of all time.

I think we would have competed against the Cowboys. They weren’t very good that year with Switzer as coach.  O’Donnell gifted them that Super Bowl victory with 2 of the worst picks in Super Bowl history.  I still don’t know who he was throwing to.

37 minutes ago, mahagga73 said:

Completely unaware of the situation . Like Aikman said it looked like he was trying to hold up to avoid a PI. 

I thought he was trying to take out his legs and tackle him but just missed him...hard to say only he knows. If I'm him there im  catching him in the air and trying to ride him out of bounds before his feet come down. The corner just didn't help him either..and play all around.

3 minutes ago, Smoke317 said:

Yep. Steelers fans live everywhere...  And those 2 games are why I hate them too.  Both cost us Super Bowl trips because everyone knows we owned the Broncos during that time.  That Super Bowl in Detroit would have been like a home game for us.

Especially with Dungy being a Michigan native too.

It hurts a bit less with the Colts winning it all the following year but had we not there would've been a lot more regret over that lost season.

2 minutes ago, Smoke317 said:

I think we would have competed against the Cowboys. They weren’t very good that year with Switzerland as coach.  O’Donnell gifted them that Super Bowl victory with 2 of the worst picks in Super Bowl history.  I still don’t know who he was throwing too.

Maybe but I don't think our defense could stop Emmit and that rushing game...but who knows would have liked to play the game. Without Marshall I doubt we could spur up enough offense to keep up.

14 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

Did you speak to the relative? Send him my regards. He has been waiting for this for many years. I am not old enough to have seen the 4 teams that went to the SB but he probably did. He should be happy tonight. 

Yeah just got off the phone with him. He is so happy and was speechless. He thought it was over. I called him and the 1st thing I said was - did you just see that? He could barley even talk lmao. He was sick to his stomach haha during the game. I tell ya, freakin sports!

19 minutes ago, CF4L said:

I never cared about Pittsburgh..just not enough interaction..  I've never met a Steelers fan and there arent any here who troll post nonsense like its their message board

New England is another story

Edited by oldunclemark