Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Mike Mayock's mock draft at 8 PM EST

48 minutes ago, CR91 said:

Here are his first 4 picks so far

1.Browns-Myles Garrett

2.49ers-Jamal Adams

3.Bears-Marshon Lattimore

4.Jags-Leonard Fournette

Haven't 49ers invested too much in the safety position already? Reid, Ward, and Tartt were all relatively high picks.

1 hour ago, backshoulderfade said:

His mocks are routinely amongst the most inaccurate, though.

Not really.  He had 26 right of players that would go in the first, beating Kiper and McShay. The most anyone had was 27.  9 matched to the correct team, Kiper had 8.   

It it depends how you evaluate but he's about as good (or bad) as most of them.  

8 minutes ago, AZColt11 said:

Hooker would be an absolute STEAL at 15 IMHO.  But what do I know?  Not much really.

He may indeed be, but at the same time, I perceive CB as being a bigger need than S.  That being said, before today I never considered Hooker as being an available option there for the Colts.  Mayock's having Ross & Hooker going where he slotted them going was a surprise to me, which leaves me dubious.  I know there's a lot of chatter about the Browns moving up, but I just don't agree with that projected move by Mayock.  

Imho, it would be a big mistake for Cleveland to give up the picks necessary for such a move up.  I think doing so would undermine a lot of the good moves they've made to accumulate a war chest of picks and I question the value of one QB over the other 3 to 4 top available QB prospects in this draft.  To me, they would be far smarter just sitting tight at 12 and taking what's available there. 

4 minutes ago, Tmoney said:

:hissy: man he's such a terrible scheme fit. Unless we drop him to a 5 tech I think his whole rookie season will be limited to pass rush situations. 

That's OK,  it'd be the same for guys like McKinley and Harris too.

And remember,  most teams are in passing situations roughly 60 percent of the time.....  

Just saying......

6 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

That's OK,  it'd be the same for guys like McKinley and Harris too.

And remember,  most teams are in passing situations roughly 60 percent of the time.....  

Just saying......

I guess, but more impactful players where still available in this mock and I hope at least the same for 2morro.

4 hours ago, Smonroe said:

Not really.  He had 26 right of players that would go in the first, beating Kiper and McShay. The most anyone had was 27.  9 matched to the correct team, Kiper had 8.   

It it depends how you evaluate but he's about as good (or bad) as most of them.  

I'm not saying he isn't knowledgable, or that he gets bad intel. But in terms.of having the right pick in the right place, there are many better. In fact, I find many of the touted 'top experts' in the mock draft industry are the same. Like the two you mentiones.

I don't think it helps that he makes one overhyped mock a year.

2 hours ago, rockywoj said:

He may indeed be, but at the same time, I perceive CB as being a bigger need than S.  That being said, before today I never considered Hooker as being an available option there for the Colts.  Mayock's having Ross & Hooker going where he slotted them going was a surprise to me, which leaves me dubious.  I know there's a lot of chatter about the Browns moving up, but I just don't agree with that projected move by Mayock.  

Imho, it would be a big mistake for Cleveland to give up the picks necessary for such a move up.  I think doing so would undermine a lot of the good moves they've made to accumulate a war chest of picks and I question the value of one QB over the other 3 to 4 top available QB prospects in this draft.  To me, they would be far smarter just sitting tight at 12 and taking what's available there. 

I would agree, CB is definitely a bigger need BUT it is also very deep and you can still get a good one in rounds 2-4 IMHO.  Hooker would still fill a need and I believe he is a game-changer type player.

I agree Cleveland should sit pat at it's current position.  I don't think ANY of these QB's are typical 1st round type talents.  And certainly not worth trading up for.  If they do, then we'll know that the thought of Osweiler starting for them must scare the hell out of them.

4 hours ago, backshoulderfade said:

I'm not saying he isn't knowledgable, or that he gets bad intel. But in terms.of having the right pick in the right place, there are many better. In fact, I find many of the touted 'top experts' in the mock draft industry are the same. Like the two you mentiones.

I don't think it helps that he makes one overhyped mock a year.

I generally like his analysis and you're right, they all make some dumb calls.  McShay picking Nassib 8th overall in 11 is still my favorite.  

But if you look at this link you'll see Mayock is as good as any at picking the actual player/team.  None are great at that unless you use baseball terms where hitting .330 makes you an all star, lol!

http://www.bloggingtheboys.com/2016/5/7/11606510/grading-kiper-mcshay-co-2016-mock-draft-judgment-day