Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

I Don't Know About You But I Felt Madonna Rocked The Half Time Show

chad72

It was one of the best half time shows in a SB in a LONG time, IMO!!!

Madonna rocked it, seriously!!! Plus, the sound quality and effects used were fantastic for the half time show. It was one of those half time shows that kept me curious as to what else can they improvize and impress me with, and thus I was glued to the TV for the entire half time show.

Indianapolis not only put on a great SB but a great half time show arrangement as well, IMO!!! :)

Thoughts???

I was talknig crap about ti from the second I heard she was named the performer, I regret every word of it. I was slightly inebriated so it could have inflated my liking of it, but man she really did live up to her perfectionist mentality.

One person that I talked to did point out that because some of it was probably lip-synced (though those were her songs :)), the studio recording sound quality was going to be better than an open air or live performance sound quality. Valid point, IMO though it does not explain the sound quality coming from the stadium through the NBC feed for all songs being pretty good.

But the arrangements were definitely better than recent ones I have seen in a while.

We actually watched the halftime show and Madonna put on a good show :dancing: ,sure was alot better then the Black Eyed Peas!

Better than the boring rock bands they have had lately too. I'm a big rock fan but when it's the SB you have to put on an all out show. Not get up there and strum your guitar like Petty or something.

Best half-time show that I've seen in a while. Better than the Who or Prince who did our two Super Bowls. We did everything right about this Super Bowl even the half-time show and the game! Clearly best Super Bowl ever :).

I am so proud of the city and I didn't even make it downtown this week. Watched live coverage everyday though. I don't think even the committee could have envisioned it going as well as it did.

If you call yourself a performance artist, Grammy winner "legend"......and you can't even sing live, then I won't even acknowledge you as anything more than a karaoke wanna-be garbage belching phony British accent having pop sucker of a sell-out.

Frickin Prince wailed away, playing his guitar like a boss LIVE in the driving rain. Tom Petty is a real artist, he sang live because he isn't a phony.

Aside from the nostalgia of her early works, Madonna does not appeal to me. However, just like the Black Eyed Peas, if you want respect as a performance artist, you had better do something more than bring out a troop of sexy dancers and bop around pretending to sing.

did

not

Better than the boring rock bands they have had lately too. I'm a big rock fan but when it's the SB you have to put on an all out show. Not get up there and strum your guitar like Petty or something.

Can probably thank the whole Janet Jackson wardrobe malfunction a few years back for that.

I am so proud of the city and I didn't even make it downtown this week. Watched live coverage everyday though. I don't think even the committee could have envisioned it going as well as it did.

I got to go down three times and one thing I noticed there were a lot of midwesterns there. in away it was the midwest's Super Bowl and people from Nashville, St. Louis, Cincy, Chi-town, and other midwestern cities came because they know they will never get a Super Bowl and this was as close as it would come. That helped the crowd numbers I am sure.

I also think people always under estimate Indianapolis because it's in Chicago's backyard and isn't the big city. WIth that said people forget Indianapolis hosts the two single day largest sporting events every year in the Indy 500 and Brickyard 400. We've had been hosting 500's for 50 years before the Super Bowl was even thought of. We know how to do events. Add to that the jobs we do with Final fours, Big 10 basketball tournments and the now the Big 10 football title game as well as doing events like the Pan-Am Games and the Police and Fire World games we know how to do these events. It's been proven that once someone comes here they almost always come back. The Indiana Sports Corp should get huge praise for that.

Indy has three huge things that works in it's favor the Super Bowl, one we have a roof stadium that is newer than any other stadium in the midwest. Two we have a compact downtown which means everything is with in walking distance or at most a 15 minute car ride if you truly want to go to some place like Broad Ripple and three the people. Just about everyone I bumped into downtown this week that wasn't from Indy couldn't get over how nice people were here. At first I thought the Super Day stuff was hooky but out of towners ate it up. Also I'll give you this story I was getting ready to go into media day and waiting in line and the security was lining people up and nicely asking people to form two lines one for if you have a bag and one if you didn't so things would go quicker and the Steelers fans behind me went wow your guards are nice ours just yell at us and curse at us. Those little things mean a lot.

I am interested to see where the city goes from here. Before these two weeks I thought no way will we get another Super Bowl. Now I am sure we will. I got a chance to talk to someone who works for the Sports corp and they said the next prize is in the next 20 to 30 years getting an olympic summer games here. I am not sure about that but hey 20 to 30 years ago no one would have thought we would get a Suepr Bowl here. I think the more realistic prize is another Super Bowl and something not sports related, a national political convention.

I got to go down three times and one thing I noticed there were a lot of midwesterns there. in away it was the midwest's Super Bowl and people from Nashville, St. Louis, Cincy, Chi-town, and other midwestern cities came because they know they will never get a Super Bowl and this was as close as it would come. That helped the crowd numbers I am sure.

I also think people always under estimate Indianapolis because it's in Chicago's backyard and isn't the big city. WIth that said people forget Indianapolis hosts the two single day largest sporting events every year in the Indy 500 and Brickyard 400. We've had been hosting 500's for 50 years before the Super Bowl was even thought of. We know how to do events. Add to that the jobs we do with Final fours, Big 10 basketball tournments and the now the Big 10 football title game as well as doing events like the Pan-Am Games and the Police and Fire World games we know how to do these events. It's been proven that once someone comes here they almost always come back. The Indiana Sports Corp should get huge praise for that.

Indy has three huge things that works in it's favor the Super Bowl, one we have a roof stadium that is newer than any other stadium in the midwest. Two we have a compact downtown which means everything is with in walking distance or at most a 15 minute car ride if you truly want to go to some place like Broad Ripple and three the people. Just about everyone I bumped into downtown this week that wasn't from Indy couldn't get over how nice people were here. At first I thought the Super Day stuff was hooky but out of towners ate it up. Also I'll give you this story I was getting ready to go into media day and waiting in line and the security was lining people up and nicely asking people to form two lines one for if you have a bag and one if you didn't so things would go quicker and the Steelers fans behind me went wow your guards are nice ours just yell at us and curse at us. Those little things mean a lot.

I am interested to see where the city goes from here. Before these two weeks I thought no way will we get another Super Bowl. Now I am sure we will. I got a chance to talk to someone who works for the Sports corp and they said the next prize is in the next 20 to 30 years getting an olympic summer games here. I am not sure about that but hey 20 to 30 years ago no one would have thought we would get a Suepr Bowl here. I think the more realistic prize is another Super Bowl and something not sports related, a national political convention.

Very well written. Out of +1's for the day, bro, or I'd show ya some love. You're a heckuva poster, GC8818

First....she was "playing hurt". She had sustained a pretty serious hammy injury a few weeks prior to the show. I paid attention b/c I knew, and you could see that her routine was choreographed around it, and even then there were a few times it was evident she wasn't 100%. It wasn't age, people...As for lip synching, it doesn't bother me. You can't expect anyone, young or old, to run around, dance, and generally tire themselves out and then sing well. The Black Eyed Peas tried last SB and sounded TERRIBLE. Rockers are different b/c they don't constantly run around and dance (to choreography). It's pretty much accepted that music acts that have a lot of choreography are lip synched. Ever tried to sing (and actually sound good) right after a 5k? Same theory applies.

Overall the production was great. The guests were cool, except for that MIA chick that flipped the bird; I mean REALLY??? Was that necessary? I know you're all militant and political, but it's a family show

Outside the visual effects, which were awesome, I thought her performance was pretty boring. I could not stop laughing as she had trouble getting up on the stairs or whatever they were. I do not know what is entertaining about a 50+ woman out there lip syncing.

The only thing that was entertaining was MIA.

See my post about her hamstring injury....she was hurt. Believe me, she could probably run circles around all of us on here....she's known to keep herself in great shape.

When the show isn't a train wreck, its considered 'good'. Our standards have drop through the roof.

I fail to see what the difference of putting Maddona out there to lipsync, and dance, Or actually just putting out a professional dancer. Why not just have cirq-de-soli, with a a Madonna 'soundtrack' because thats all it was. No need to slow the performance down with a 50+yr old, hobbled,shell of a former material girl.

Was it better than years past, absolutley. Was it good. No.

See my post about her hamstring injury....she was hurt. Believe me, she could probably run circles around all of us on here....she's known to keep herself in great shape.

thank you. I find the comments about her age both ageist and sexist.

I'm in the minority. I liked it. Only Prince have I like more. This is a solid #2 to me. IMO, it is either have her sing live top notch (which very few performers can do these days, but I think she could is she didn't 'perform')), or have her dance, move, and put on a show. Well, the show won here. Even with me. I had a big SB party, and kids from 10 y/o to 49 were dancing all around my home theater room. The (much) older 'girls danced better, probably cause they remember all the moves from 20+ years ago. LOL!! I'm not sure how much of it was actually lip synched, but I cannot stand botched live vocals, even though I could not hold a note with both hands. If I want singing only, I'll tune in to the Voice or Idol. Prince has been the only performer recently that tops this, IMHO, and I've never been accused of being a Madonna fan (or hater).

To each his own.

The Madonna halftime show got higher ratings than the game itself. Is there any doubt now that she is still the queen of pop? Madonna haters are not going to like this. LOL All hey could talk about on the Pacers board a few months ago is how everybody would be running to the bathrooms during Madonna's show because nobody cared.

Meh....people punk on Mick Jagger and other men for being so "old" and still performing.

I'm not seeing it as the same as the outrage that a woman so OLD would perform. In addition a number of really offensive comments about the worthlessness of a woman her age

I'm not seeing it as the same as the outrage that a woman so OLD would perform. In addition a number of really offensive comments about the worthlessness of a woman her age

I don't know about that. People have a field-day punkin on 'ol Steven Tyler all the time for his age. Like the pics that are circulating of his "man-boobs". Like....he's in his 60's, why is that relevant? Alot of that stuff comes from the younger crowd that thinks 30 and over is old.

Age does have something to do with it.

When you have 30 18-30yr old dancers, dancing, gyrating, flipping, and moving in all sorts of directions, then you have Madonna smack dab in the middle, its really hard not to notice the fluidity of the dancers motion, and the stiffness of Madonnas moves. Not that she did a bad job per say, its just her body isn't capable of moving in the ways those other, younger, bodies move.

If she wanted to stand out there and belt out her songs, then I am all for it, but if she is just going to go out there to mouth the words over a recording and try to impress me with her dance moves, then I see zero need for her to even be there.

Age does have something to do with it.

When you have 30 18-30yr old dancers, dancing, gyrating, flipping, and moving in all sorts of directions, then you have Madonna smack dab in the middle, its really hard not to notice the fluidity of the dancers motion, and the stiffness of Madonnas moves. Not that she did a bad job per say, its just her body isn't capable of moving in the ways those other, younger, bodies move.

If she wanted to stand out there and belt out her songs, then I am all for it, but if she is just going to go out there to mouth the words over a recording and try to impress me with her dance moves, then I see zero need for her to even be there.

It's nothing short of high-dollar karaoke. Which is why I hate pop music.....it's so fake and studio reliant, predicated upon fancy outfits, sexy dance numbers and auto-tuning....and of course, senseless "shock" and immature sideshows. Such as ;

http://todayentertainment.today.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2012/02/05/10326365-mia-flips-middle-finger-during-halftime-show

For all the pomp and excess of Madonna's Super Bowl halftime extravaganza a single extended middle finger by guest singer M.I.A. is likely to be the most remembered piece of the show.

It's nothing short of high-dollar karaoke.

Which is why for years I have clamored for an actual show. Even the classic rock acts, which I am a fan of, have no place in the game.

Im all for an actual show. A cirq-de-soli type show, an Olympic opening ceremonies type show, a drum line type show, a parade, anything other than an 'artist' out there trying to plug the latest album, or like you mentioned, a nobody trying to cause a scene in order to no longer be a nobody (MIA).