Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Well this is surprising....Josh Gordon reinstated by the NFL

RockThatBlue

Not everything is as it seems. This is most certainly a 'conditional' reinstatement.  Here was what was reported a while back-

"Gordon was suspended two games in 2013, 10 games in 2014 and for the entire 2015 season for violating the NFL's substance-abuse policy. He was denied reinstatement in April after reports he failed a drug test because of a diluted samples that also tested positive for marijuana. The level of marijuana did not meet the NFL's threshold for suspension, but the diluted samples are considered the same as a positive test. "

Also there are reports Goodell had met with the Browns, to get their position on Gordon, and likely get pledges or assurances that they wouldn't cut him straight away, or trade him.

So Gordon gets reinstated, but yet he does not.  He is immediately suspended for 4 games to begin his reinstatement?  Something isn't right.  He's certainly on the thinnest of ice.  He diluted a urine sample as recent;u as this past April.  He was level 3 in the NFL drug program leading up to that.  He can be tested multiple times this year for THC and other substances, each with  a3 hour notice at the facility or on game day.  What are his chances he has quit everything cold turkey?  I wish him well, but fear it won't be enough.  We will see.

19 hours ago, 12to13 said:

Not hard to quit marijuana 'cold turkey' seeing as you don't get addicted to it. haha

Sure you can.  It may not be physical dependency, but you can have a mental addiction to it similar to gambling or shopping.  Josh Gordon's inability to lay down the bong while he's going through rehab is proof positive of that.

Saying cannabis is not addictive is really not true. A mental addictions is as real as a physical one. As APC just mentioned. That non addictive term has been used for years by those who really don't want to admit that they have a mental addiction to cannabis. I have heard so many times "I can quit anytime I want" but then never do. Even when jobs and livelihood are on the line. The court systems, the jails, prisons and the police departments love taking money from those who think they don't have a problem. Now the NFL is collecting big time money from those who don't have a problem. Jerry Jones has been fined $250.000 for his three suspended players. Oh yes, it's big time money across the board.

On 7/27/2016 at 4:37 PM, 12to13 said:

Not hard to quit marijuana 'cold turkey' seeing as you don't get addicted to it. haha

You can get addicted to anything.

However I would not call marijuana in and of itself to be addictive.  

Surprised they let Josh Gordon back in.  Browns have to be excited about that.  Now of course the question is if Gordon is in shape.