Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Maybe its just but I think

iLoveMyBoys

Maybe its just me but i think Dwayne Allen should stay and be paid. I believe i would be a huge loss to the team in terms of leadership, on field production, and what i know what is he and will become.

Im not here to compare Allen and Fleener although I think they both should be retained at all costs but if they had to choose it should be Allen (All Stanford Connections Aside).

We always talk about how the game is won in trenches and he contributes there just as much as he can vertically admirely well. The man deserves to stay at all costs even if it means losing Fleener. 

All injuries and injury bug aside he is still young and will continue to get better and is less likely to continue moving forward its not like he's had a major injury.

Dwayne Allen is a hard nosed tough player which we need more players like on this team he also brings physicality and toughness to balance out the finesse we have on offense. No other player gives us that on offense as well as present the mismathes that he does.

I would be disappointed to see him not retained and i don't believe that they will but I was hoping Pagano would retained when I also thought was unlikely at the time. 

I just hope Irsay and Grigson can get something done.

good player but injuries could lead to a short career for DA.  he will probably have to sign a prove it contract and stay healthy for a while, or teams wont want to risk signing him again

perfect candidate for one year contract with incentives

I mean I want both brought back. But Fleener has to be priority number 1. Somebody mentioned a 1 year incentive type deal. I've wondered about that as well. But the thing is. Some team like Arizona, Atlanta,or New Orleans will probably be willing to offer him something like 4 years, 20 million at least. Maybe 4/24 idk. But after we get Fleener locked up it'd be awesome if we could bring Allen back on a 1 year, 4 million deal with incentives that could make that 4 million like 6 or something. Catches, receiving yards, TD's, etc.

I think Dwayne has pretty much proven himself on the field he's got great play on tape. I mean Fleener is decent one dimensional TE. You guys will pretty much overrate and Stanford player linking him with Luck.

But to be honest I believe Allen would be a much better compliment to the speed we have on the outside with his chain moving, run blocking, and red zone prowess JMO..

Also I believe everyone knows who the superior player is. Like Irsay said you pay your homegrown talent and you dont just let talent walk out the door that easy

1 hour ago, IVORYsDAD said:

I think Dwayne has pretty much proven himself on the field he's got great play on tape. I mean Fleener is decent one dimensional TE. You guys will pretty much overrate and Stanford player linking him with Luck.

But to be honest I believe Allen would be a much better compliment to the speed we have on the outside with his chain moving, run blocking, and red zone prowess JMO..

Also I believe everyone knows who the superior player is. Like Irsay said you pay your homegrown talent and you dont just let talent walk out the door that easy

Fleener isn't as good at blocking as Dwayne, but Dwayne isn't as good at receiving as Fleener is. And i would have to say that Fleener is proficient at least when it comes to blocking. 

Allen only missed 3 games in both the 14-15 seasons. I don`t think health is as big as issue than some think it is. He was severely underutilized this past season. I`m sure there will be teams looking for TE help and don`t shy away from the lack of production in 2015. Allen will probably get paid well on the open market. I don`t see the Colts retaining his services with other holes to fill. Personally, I`d take Allen over Fleener though.   

10 hours ago, Booker23 said:

I'd love for them to both stay, but if one has to go I think it's gotta be Dwayne

Yes, his injuries have made it impossible to think any other way. We'd all love to see him stay but I would say that the chances are slim to none that he does. Fleener has proven he can stay healthy and he's a solid downfield target. His blocking is merely average but in terms of how the team uses him it's adequate.

11 hours ago, IVORYsDAD said:

Maybe its just me but i think Dwayne Allen should stay and be paid. I believe i would be a huge loss to the team in terms of leadership, on field production, and what i know what is he and will become.

Im not here to compare Allen and Fleener although I think they both should be retained at all costs but if they had to choose it should be Allen (All Stanford Connections Aside).

We always talk about how the game is won in trenches and he contributes there just as much as he can vertically admirely well. The man deserves to stay at all costs even if it means losing Fleener. 

All injuries and injury bug aside he is still young and will continue to get better and is less likely to continue moving forward its not like he's had a major injury.

Dwayne Allen is a hard nosed tough player which we need more players like on this team he also brings physicality and toughness to balance out the finesse we have on offense. No other player gives us that on offense as well as present the mismathes that he does.

I would be disappointed to see him not retained and i don't believe that they will but I was hoping Pagano would retained when I also thought was unlikely at the time. 

I just hope Irsay and Grigson can get something done.

On the business end he is not adding value to the team by being injury prone. There are several leaders on this team capable of picking up the slack.  WHY would you pay a guy who cant stay on the field just for Leadership? Pass, Fleener has been far more productive of the two and you want to let him walk? just think about that for a second Allen cant stay on the field , Fleener can and produces but you want to retain Allen? Doyle has done more than Allen has lol id honestly rather keep him and let Allen walk. Would i like to keep Allen? yea at a extremely reasonable price, but im throwing bank to Fleener over Allen because he EARNED it

Neither one of them are as good as Hunter Henry is going to be lol. But in all seriousness, Allen isn't a priority. In the NFL you're graded on production and proficiency. Fleener had produced more and been more proficient than Allen. There's no reason to keep Allen unless we can keep him for cheap.