Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

If thats the best the AFC has to offer then I think we'll be alright

CR91

No one gave us a chance to even make this game competitve let alone win and we did keep it competitve for the most part. Im proud of our guys. We played with heart and toughness and for the first time they actually played like their werent scared. like they felt like they could actually win the game.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No one gave us a chance to even make this game competitve let alone win and we did keep it competitve for the most part. Im proud of our guys. We played with heart and toughness and for the first time they actually played like their werent scared. like they felt like they could actually win the game.

You're right.  it was a close competitive game.  Question is can Indy go into Foxboro, in Jan with snow and beat NE?  Because that is probably what its going to take to win a title.

This definitely wasn't NE's best game. Not to mention the Colts were gifted 6 points. Colts played a very good first half, while I thought NE didn't play poorly but weren't nearly as explosive as they usually were -- probably because the Colts effectively neutralized Gronk so well for most of the game until the blown coverage for his TD. I don't see Gronk being such a non-factor next time we play them (assuming it happens).

I'm still kind of nervous! It was a close game, but only in score. There's a video circulating the internet that shows TY Hilton dropped his TD pass and it should have been over turned. Then we score again because Edelman has to juggle the ball with a broken finger which causes an interception...

We played well, but to beat New England in January, we're gonna have to play much, much, MUCH better than that. We scored 2 very questionable TDs. We won't get gifted so easily if we face them in January, we must be prepared!

I'll admit I expected a blowout and was hoping to get a 38-28 loss just to get confidence back. Luck did very well despite being hurt still and it was a very good effort. Just look at the Jaguars losing 51-10 and you can see how much better we are with Luck. Gore was a big help and it was nice to finally have a competitive game for once. I'm hoping Luck is back to his old self and we can win 3 of our next 5 games in this brutal stretch.

I'm still kind of nervous! It was a close game, but only in score. There's a video circulating the internet that shows TY Hilton dropped his TD pass and it should have been over turned. Then we score again because Edelman has to juggle the ball with a broken finger which causes an interception...

We played well, but to beat New England in January, we're gonna have to play much, much, MUCH better than that. We scored 2 very questionable TDs. We won't get gifted so easily if we face them in January, we must be prepared!

I get what you're saying but that is football.  NE should have lost that onside kick.  (and I'm a pats fan) so those things happen.  Don't take away from your team's effort.  They played a good game.

Be alright how? We've played three potential AFC playoff teams and lost to all three. We have every same problem, from coaching through talent, that we've had since Luck arrived.

who exactly have the jets or bills beat to be called playoff teams? bills got blew out by the pats and jets will too this week

My biggest concern is the Indy Colts keep beating the Indy Colts.  Lot of good thing in this game, but like many of these contest when you go back and look at the real reasons why we lost it revolves around silly stuff that we committed.  And I hate to say it, but a nice portion of the silly stuff is coming from the coaches.    I didn't think we were beyond handing this opponent a loss and I said it and fought about it before we ever played the game.  Good thing is we are learning how to be champs(coaches and players as a unit) so I'm looking for and expecting this thing to continue to get better.  We just have to dig in a little harder and place more emphasis on negating the self inflicted non sense!  We are getting there, but still a number of things have to be cleaned up.  Don't talk to me about personnel because this team has what it takes to play with and surpass any team on our schedule.

This definitely wasn't NE's best game. Not to mention the Colts were gifted 6 points. Colts played a very good first half, while I thought NE didn't play poorly but weren't nearly as explosive as they usually were -- probably because the Colts effectively neutralized Gronk so well for most of the game until the blown coverage for his TD. I don't see Gronk being such a non-factor next time we play them (assuming it happens).

I would give some credit to the Colts for it not being NE's best game. Do you mean the interception was a gift? The defender had to catch it and run it in. It wasn't thrown directly to him.

It wasn't NE's best game but i don't think the game was as close as the score indicates. Indy got a break with that pick 6 on Eddleman's bobble. NE didn't punt for the first time until midway through the 3rdQ and after scoring a TD with just under 3 min left in the 1st half Indy was held scoreless until the last 2 min of the game.  Luck started of great but in the 2nd half he started to decline and there were a few balls that could have been intercepted.  Not NE's best game, not Indy's best game. But NE doesn't have to play their best game to win where as Indy does. 

Can't even give the Colts a little for handling Brady and his crew? We contained the run pretty good. Contained Gronk and Edelman for the most part as well. Newsome and Lowery even got sacks on Brady. I think applied some rush and was in his face decently to make him make some questionable throws.

I would give some credit to the Colts for it not being NE's best game. Do you mean the interception was a gift? The defender had to catch it and run it in. It wasn't thrown directly to him.

I did give the Colts credit. I said they effectively neutralized Gronk for most of the game. I just don't think that happens a second time. And the pick 6 -- yes, I am saying that was a gift. Great catch by Adams off of the bobble but Edelman wouldn't have dropped the pass if not for a mangled finger.

Can't even give the Colts a little for handling Brady and his crew? We contained the run pretty good. Contained Gronk and Edelman for the most part as well. Newsome and Lowery even got sacks on Brady. I think applied some rush and was in his face decently to make him make some questionable throws.

Gronk I will give you, Edelman was not himself after the finger injury and handed the Colts 7 points. You got sacks on Brady with a practice squad guy who had just been called up on Wednesday(?) forced into action when our starting RT went down.

That said some amazing play by the colts D, clogging up the middle of the field to limit gronk.

what video? I'd like to see said video

actually their not. we're currently the 4th seed

And why is that? Because we beat them and are superior to them?

AFC wide - were we to not win this pathetic division - both teams would be ahead of us in the AFC playoff race.

Again, I think I did give the Colts credit. I said they played a good 1st half and they effectively limited Gronk until his TD catch.

we're getting our team together and figuring things out. did you honestly think we'd only lose by 6? im telling you, this team is ready to take major steps

If I told you the Pats would be down to their 3rd string tackle, lose a starting CB as well as sack leader in D. Oh and that Edelman would mangle a finger making him a shell of himself.

Would you not expect Indy to win especially in Indy?

My biggest concern is the Indy Colts keep beating the Indy Colts.  Lot of good thing in this game, but like many of these contest when you go back and look at the real reasons why we lost it revolves around silly stuff that we committed.  And I hate to say it, but a nice portion of the silly stuff is coming from the coaches.    I didn't think we were beyond handing this opponent a loss and I said it and fought about it before we ever played the game.  Good thing is we are learning how to be champs(coaches and players as a unit) so I'm looking for and expecting this thing to continue to get better.  We just have to dig in a little harder and place more emphasis on negating the self inflicted non sense!  We are getting there, but still a number of things have to be cleaned up.  Don't talk to me about personnel because this team has what it takes to play with and surpass any team on our schedule.

Agree!! :thmup: 

And why is that? Because we beat them and are superior to them?

AFC wide - were we to not win this pathetic division - both teams would be ahead of us in the AFC playoff race.

you obvisouly dont know how the playoff seeding works

Gronk I will give you, Edelman was not himself after the finger injury and handed the Colts 7 points. You got sacks on Brady with a practice squad guy who had just been called up on Wednesday(?) forced into action when our starting RT went down.

That said some amazing play by the colts D, clogging up the middle of the field to limit gronk.

That was probably Billy Winn you're thinking of. He's not a practice squad guy. Neither is Jonathon Newsome (2nd year player) and Dwight Lowery (safety we got from Atlanta). Perhaps that's "karma" for Edelman. I kept hearing how it's "karma" the colts are without luck and blah blah blah. But yes, I agree. Colts D is much improved from last year, revamped D-Line.

Well they did beat the heck out of Buffalo that manhandled the Colts, as well as every team they faced this year, and usually with ease.

Yeah, but only 1 is above 500 (Buffalo) and only by 1 game. And they didn't beat the heck out of them. They beat the heck out of Jax. I'm not saying the Pats aren't a good team. IMO, they are not untouchable. The game last night could have been won by the Colts. Sure, we didn't win, but it was not out of reach.

If I told you the Pats would be down to their 3rd string tackle, lose a starting CB as well as sack leader in D. Oh and that Edelman would mangle a finger making him a shell of himself.

Would you not expect Indy to win especially in Indy?

brady's quick release, he doesnt need much time, brady also can make anyone look good so it doesnt matter who he throws to. sack leader after 5 weeks isnt saying much.

I did give the Colts credit. I said they effectively neutralized Gronk for most of the game. I just don't think that happens a second time. And the pick 6 -- yes, I am saying that was a gift. Great catch by Adams off of the bobble but Edelman wouldn't have dropped the pass if not for a mangled finger.

I saw you gave them credit there.

I agree that pass MAY have ended differently if Edelman wasn't injured, but there's no way to know that for sure. There's also a possibility his injured finger had nothing to do with the bobble/interception. If I'm not mistaken, he had more receptions later in the game (I could be wrong though). Either way, playing with an injury is part of the game. We could perhaps say Luck's over throws were because his shoulder hurts.

Sorry. Made it seem like we only had success because Brady looked off.

I didn't think Brady was at the top of his game last night, but I definitely don't think he played poorly either. I think the Colts actually had a good game plan on defense to take out Gronk and make someone else beat them. Besides Blunt's TD run, I didn't think the defense looked that bad at all against the NE offense.

Although -- I am tired of letting Blunt, who is a very average running back, look all-world against us. Dude is slower than molasses and we seem to let him run all over us. Last night wasn't as bad as years past but the TD run was still irritating to watch.

That was probably Billy Winn you're thinking of. He's not a practice squad guy. Neither is Jonathon Newsome (2nd year player) and Dwight Lowery (safety we got from Atlanta). Perhaps that's "karma" for Edelman. I kept hearing how it's "karma" the colts are without luck and blah blah blah. But yes, I agree. Colts D is much improved from last year, revamped D-Line.

No I am sorry, I am talking about The pats Olineman who came in after the first quarter. he was the PS guy. (Whose name escapes me lol) so the pats O line was 3 rookies, a PS guy, and Vollmer lol

The Colts D is vastly improved and you guys be in the playoffs easily!

I saw you gave them credit there.

I agree that pass MAY have ended differently if Edelman wasn't injured, but there's no way to know that for sure. There's also a possibility his injured finger had nothing to do with the bobble/interception. If I'm not mistaken, he had more receptions later in the game (I could be wrong though). Either way, playing with an injury is part of the game. We could perhaps say Luck's over throws were because his shoulder hurts.

I agree with everything you said here. I also agree I think Luck's arm was not 100% last night.

you obvisouly dont know how the playoff seeding works

I'll put it as simply as I can, then. These teams you are ridiculing, both of whom beat us, no less... We are only ahead of them because we play in the AFC South. Without our blankie, the AFC South, both teams would be ahead of us in an AFC wide playoff race. If we had to fight them for a wild card, that is.

No I am sorry, I am talking about The pats Olineman who came in after the first quarter. he was the PS guy. (Whose name escapes me lol) so the pats O line was 3 rookies, a PS guy, and Vollmer lol

The Colts D is vastly improved and you guys be in the playoffs easily!

OH, whoops. Yeah, that's how the Colts have been every year with their O-Line as well. We would never stay consistent and Luck would get murdered. Part on Luck for holding the ball too long though. Hopefully we meet again for another good rematch but it wouldn't hurt my feelings if we didn't this year. :)