Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Salary cap officially pegged at $143.28M for this upcoming season.

Dustin

Did we have around $40 million in cap space before or after the new cap went up?

With the cap at $143m, and with our rollover space, we have ~$43m in cap space after we account for our draft picks. If the cap had been $140m, we'd have ~$40m.

I think we all knew we would be shelling out a pretty penny for Luck. Somewhere in the 22-25 million range I'm sure. The extra room will allow us to keep TY, Costanzo, and Allen/Fleener.

I really think this is Grigsons offseason to hit it out of the park. I honestly feel like he has the roster in place and the cap to do whatever he wants to make us a championship caliber team. If he can't build it now...well we should be moving on. Yes we have holes but we should be able to add quality line components on both sides of the ball. It will be interesting to see who we get but on defense I look for an upgrade on the DL,LB,S. On offense we will add a G, WR, RB. I look for us to then fill in depth at tackle, wr, and the secondary in the draft. Honestly we should be spending heavily this offseason. Not only is the cap going up but if we put together better talent around Luck it should be a positive that he isn't having to carry us to win...and hopefully discount us a little bit on his contract to give us flexibility down the road.