Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

In search of Safeties....

NewColtsFan

Realistically do you think that he can last more than 2 years?

Lol you should ask that about Peyton not Brady as you can see he isn't slowing down and he also isn't being hit so far great formula. Only had one major injury in his career and that hasn't stopped him

Unfortunately,  we picked a terrible year to be in need of safeties.

The draft class is dreadful.    Seriously.

And the FA class is only marginally better.     We have our work cut out for us in order to up-grade the positions.   

It starts with re-signing Adams and Brown.

But then it continues with the FA class.   Hoping to draft a college kid that will step in and start from Day 1 is a Fool's Errand.

So,  looking over the FA class,  I see 4 players beyond McCourty (who most think will either re-sign or get tagged) for the Colts to consider.

If we're looking Strong Safety,  I see two:

DeNorris Searcy from Buffalo and Ron Parker from KC.   Both are in their mid-20's.

If we're looking Free Safety,  I also see two:

Louis Delmas from Miami and Rahim Moore from Denver.    Both are in their mid-20's.

All have starting experience and are serious contributors to their cause.

I think we'll sign one of these four.   I just don't know which one.

Mccourty is a FA also. the Pats used their tag on Gostkowski their kicker which has made McCourty a FA. 

Brady has maybe 1-2 years in him, Indy is a Young team that has been in the post season the past 2 years. why wouldnt he want to be on a team bound to win multiple SB?

they have been in the playoffs all three of andrew lucks years in the NFL. 

1) wild card team and lost to baltimore in the first round

2) division winner lost to New England in the 2nd round

3) Division winner lost to new england in the AFC champ. game

but you're right why wouldnt he want to play in indy. they are going deeper into the playoffs each year and if that is saying anything then we are super bowl bound next season. 

they have been in the playoffs all three of andrew lucks years in the NFL. 

1) wild card team and lost to baltimore in the first round

2) division winner lost to New England in the 2nd round

3) Division winner lost to new england in the AFC champ. game

but you're right why wouldnt he want to play in indy. they are going deeper into the playoffs each year and if that is saying anything then we are super bowl bound next season. 

Thanks for jacking my avi! :)

OT - Quite honestly, I'd expect the Colts to make some sort of play at McCourty but I honestly wouldn't be surprised if they brought back Adams and draft another safety.

Lol you should ask that about Peyton not Brady as you can see he isn't slowing down and he also isn't being hit so far great formula. Only had one major injury in his career and that hasn't stopped him

I guess you make a valid point but, he has nothing left to prove, and it looks like McCourty may hit the market seeing as Gastowski has been hit with the tag!

I guess you make a valid point but, he has nothing left to prove, and it looks like McCourty may hit the market seeing as Gastowski has been hit with the tag!

Brady I think wants to have the most rings as a qb to secure that Top Spot in history if he hasn't already done so