Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

What area do we address most in the draft?

Ohio Colt

Your words were you don't think he will ever play up to his potential. What else does one think when that is your words?

That he has the physical tools to be a stud but he may cap off before he ever learns to use some of the tools he has

So you speak for Dustin?

Only if you can tell me where you see the word Dustin in my post...Otherwise I have no idea what the point of your post is to me...Last  I checked my name was Gavin....This still an open forum right?

Yes, he's excellent. I am proposing we take another guy who can play at either side (sliding to LT if Castonzo gets hurt without too much of a slip in skills) and be a road-grader at RT. Peat is a mauler at the next level and played at Stanford where we have had good luck with players. I bet we have good notes on him in scouting

Ding ding ding. OT is a huge need on this team. However I doubt Peat makes it to 29. I'm a big fan of Jake Fisher.

I mean it has to be BPA (for the areas of need obviously), but it really depends on what we do in free agency IMO. Either way we do it, we have to address the trenches as others have already said. I mean the O-Line and the D-Line absolutely have to be fixed, and I mean fixed. After that we need OLB, ILB, Safety, RB, and WR. My hope is Jordan Phillips in the 1st. He would give us that beast, run stuffing NT who cant be moved, and he would anchor the line for years to come.

My hope is Jordan Phillips in the 1st. He would give us that beast, run stuffing NT who cant be moved, and he would anchor the line for years to come.

i like this.  it would be nice to keep the patriots from getting him as well, but ive seen a few mocks now that have him going to denver at 28

not that mocks matter or anything but it looks like the top 3 afc teams could use him

I've seen a lot of sentiment from my friends "Luck is a star who will make anyone a star" "Don't draft weapons for him" Ok, fine, but how about building an stud O Line for him through the draft?

I am a bit conflicted on which way we should really target the whole draft.

Do we draft a pile of good lineman? Do we just build defense and let Luck's talent cover deficiencies on the offensive side? What do you want to see us do, and what do you think we'll do?

I'd wait until we see how free agency goes...

But your last lines ring true...Build the defense and draft linemen....We have receivers and TEs and running backs are easy to acquire.

Build the 'D'; through free agency and draft linemen.

I really want Andrus Peat in the first round I think, and from there take 2-4 more lineman. Build a line with depth that is young.

We could be set there for years. Use the rest of the picks on defense. Use some free agency to add another expensive weapon or two for Luck if possible.

I think you are right on the second part (I can't comment on Peat because I haven't been paying attention to the crop of rookies coming in). It seems like the Pats consistently build their line through the draft. I don't really remember them making any super "sexy" picks. It seems to me that they are able to deal with injuries and aging vets. Shoot, they got rid of arguably the NFL's best guard in the past decade and won the Super Bowl. Great point, OC.

You're too worried about the draft. First we need to see what happens in FA i say we need to upgrade both lines, but if we somehow sign Wisnewski-C and either O.Frankilin/C.Boling-G and Terrance Knighton-NT then we can focus getting better weapons for Luck so he wont have to put the team on him back all the time

I really want Andrus Peat in the first round I think, and from there take 2-4 more lineman. Build a line with depth that is young.

We could be set there for years. Use the rest of the picks on defense. Use some free agency to add another expensive weapon or two for Luck if possible.

LONG GONE before we draft my friend!!

I mean it has to be BPA (for the areas of need obviously), but it really depends on what we do in free agency IMO. Either way we do it, we have to address the trenches as others have already said. I mean the O-Line and the D-Line absolutely have to be fixed, and I mean fixed. After that we need OLB, ILB, Safety, RB, and WR. My hope is Jordan Phillips in the 1st. He would give us that beast, run stuffing NT who cant be moved, and he would anchor the line for years to come.

I like Phillips too!

I imagine they will take the player they feel will likely help us the most. BPA at a position of need. Looking at our team and the draft I could easily see us taking a RG/RT (could be a tackle we play at guard) or someone on the DL. Waving RJF and Redding likely retiring it would be reasonable to look at that position as well. However if a stud LB or Corner would fall to us I see no reason to pass them up just because we may have a starter already in place at that position. If you think you have a future pro bowler sitting there no matter what the position you should take them...you worry later how to get them on the field.