Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Another domestic vilolent arrested

-JJ-

My guess is that women who have been suffering in silence will begin to come forward - emboldened by the public awareness right now.  

I think you are right on.

"According to Phoenix police, the female and child left Arizona shortly after the July incidents but a report wasn't filed with the Phoenix Police Department until last Thursday. After conducting interviews with witnesses and obtaining out-of-state medical records, investigators developed probable cause and arrested Dwyer on Wednesday in Tempe, Arizona."

Look out now team rosters...

I'm sure he'll still get paid while in jail all because this league makes sure they pay them, and if he gets a suspension, it won't be much at all.

Hopefully the sponsors of the NFL really do start boycotting the league. It's our one hope to bring this thing down.

yet you keep supporting it

I had suggested a few days ago when AP was arrested that it was probably the tip of the iceberg and expected other cases to surface.

Here we go.......   My goodness what a week   :facepalm:     How many more will there be..??

I hope this is all there were, Gramz....but if we see a cascading of DV cases come to light, I can't say I'll be surprised in the least. :(

I tell you what...women run the household. If you're married with kids, your wife runs things. That's just how it is. And if women start getting together and decide it's time to send a message to the NFL that they will not support their games, go to their games, buy their gear, etc., well, that means that the men in these women's lives won't be doing it either.

I tell you what...women run the household. If you're married with kids, your wife runs things. That's just how it is. And if women start getting together and decide it's time to send a message to the NFL that they will not support their games, go to their games, buy their gear, etc., well, that means that the men in these women's lives won't be doing it either.

Yeah, that's not gonna happen

It's quite feasible, actually. With major sponsors like Anheuser-Busch 

watching things closely...that is not good for business. Every move

is being scrutinized with a microscope right now. With Dwyer

getting arrested it just adds more fuel to the fire. You're naïve

if you think a boycott couldn't happen.

I take it you are not including those abused?

This can go in any number of directions depending on how many more cases come to light.

As a fan....I'm trying to hang onto the generally accepted theory that 99% of the folks in the NFL are good, law-abiding (no, not perfect) people, and there are a very small percentage of players/coaches/executives with domestic violence skeletons in their closet....and that all of these DV cases clustered into this disgraceful 3-week nightmare is simply the NFL lancing a pus-filled abscess.

But if the percentage of cases is measurably worse than that....and/or the league has, in addition to bungling the Rice case, brushed any cases under the rug which thereby calls its integrity into even further question....then a decline of NFL popularity and sponsorships is very possible.

Let's not forget....baseball was high and mighty for decades and that is no longer the case, with the first domino of baseball's decline being the 1994 strike.

Unpleasant for sure, but the only "victims" in that were the players and owners arguing with each other....nowhere near as disturbing or damaging to real victims as this NFL mess.

Sorry I'm on the road and can't give you a link. Flew up for the game and now headed home. Anyway I think it was USA Today either this morning or yesterday morning that I read that the NFL was targeting the women for merchandise, apparel and the likes. The article stated that 85% of the women/wives control/have the final say on family spending money and/or extra money.

It's quite feasible, actually. With major sponsors like Anheuser-Busch

watching things closely...that is not good for business. Every move

is being scrutinized with a microscope right now. With Dwyer

getting arrested it just adds more fuel to the fire. You're naïve

if you think a boycott couldn't happen.

Anheiser busch isn't going to do anything except release self serving public announcements. Do you really think people are going to stop drinking bud products because they sponsor a company that has less than one percent of it's employees are knuckleheads? The stadiums will be full and they will be selling a lot of beer.

Sorry I'm on the road and can't give you a link. Flew up for the game and now headed home. Anyway I think it was USA Today either this morning or yesterday morning that I read that the NFL was targeting the women for merchandise, apparel and the likes. The article stated that 85% of the women/wives control/have the final say on family spending money and/or extra money.

Yeah, i don't buy that stat anymore than i believe nfl attendance and ratings are going to be substantially lower any time in the near future

Anheiser busch isn't going to do anything except release self serving public announcements. Do you really think people are going to stop drinking bud products because they sponsor a company that has less than one percent of it's employees are knuckleheads? The stadiums will be full and they will be selling a lot of beer.

Your reading comprehension is low. I didn't say anything about people discontinuing consuming AB products. I'm talking about AB putting major heat on the NFL in regard to sponsorship. It's a huge, huge deal.

Your reading comprehension is low. I didn't say anything about people discontinuing consuming AB products. I'm talking about AB putting major heat on the NFL in regard to sponsorship. It's a huge, huge deal.

Are yours? Do you understand how a boycott works?

AB isn't going to pull it's sponsorship. It released a self serving public announcement. They have no intention of giving up that cash cow.

I don't disagree with that....provided we're right about the small percentage of NFL people who have committed these offenses, and that fans and sponsors collectively see that individuals found guilty are held to a harsh, consistent level of account.

But a perception of rampant domestic violence among NFL players is something that hits home in a much more disturbing way than an NFL player duking it out with another guy in a strip bar or getting stoned on pot....and we've already seen enough of that.

The league, the union and their lawyers have to get their ducks in a row a whole lot better than what they had 30 days ago, before all these DV cases surfaced.

ame="100GFB" post="882844" timestamp="1411010143"]

Yeah, i don't buy that stat anymore than i believe nfl attendance and ratings are going to be substantially lower any time in the near future

I returned from the lobby and article was not today and yesterday copy was thrown away. Sorry 'bout that!

I understand what you're saying and yes ratings may not drop but image image image!

You all have a good one got to get some shut eye as flight leaves tomorrow morning.

My guess is that women who have been suffering in silence will begin to come forward - emboldened by the public awareness right now.  

I had suggested a few days ago when AP was arrested that it was probably the tip of the iceberg and expected other cases to surface.

Here we go.......   My goodness what a week   :facepalm:     How many more will there be..??

2 good posts GAFT & Gramz. I don't really wanna believe AP is a monster, but I do hope he is getting professional help because what he did is child abuse. It does feel like an enormous shift of awareness to domestic violence has taken place & I hope the women who do come forward get the shelter, counseling, & protection they so desperately need. 

Are yours? Do you understand how a boycott works?

AB isn't going to pull it's sponsorship. It released a self serving public announcement. They have no intention of giving up that cash cow.

Yep. AB is not going anywhere. Football and beer go hand and hand. The only way ANY sponsor ever pulls out from the NFL is if the product on the field deteriorates which is FAR from happening given the NFL is the #1 sport and poised to keep raking in the ratings with the crop of new players leading the way - Wilson, Luck, Watt, Kaep, etc...

This is just one organization.

What would we see if every work place in America does this?.

Not every work place in America is as public as the NFL. There is not hardly a move the players make that isn't watched if at all possible. Every media hound is always on the lookout for any story. The average workplace most people don't care  about things outside of their home. The bosses don't care as long as the work gets done. Domestic violence has been going on forever and will never stop as long as men or women can control their spouses in that manor. The only way it does stop is for the victim to put a stop to it. Sad part is there have been deaths when that happens.

Nope I run the household.  I make the final decision about what we buy and when, I manage the bank account, I pay the bills, I have ever since we got married . . . and for the moment because my wife is late in pregnancy I do pretty much all of the chores and about 75% of the child care as well.  We both work full time.

And my wife and I don't tell each-other what we can watch on TV or wear.  The closest thing we have is mutual veto power on body modifications and hair styles.  Since neither of us have ever wanted a body modification and I've never changed my hairstyle and my wife has never wanted a hairstyle that I didn't like, it's never been exercised.