Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Is this an overreaction

wordofmouth

They chipped him a lot with a back coming out of the backfield. He didn't have a great game but I still have hope for him. Pep is this teams problem until the powers to be want to change that our chances of going much past the playoffs are slim.

You throw the ball when you are in fg range that would put you up ten very aggressive.

You run the ball tied with 3 to go very conservative we playing for OT or just leaning on our D guys in so far over his head.

Players are going to make some mistakes and the refs aren't always going to get it right but your OC has to understand how to manage a game. A 2 score game with 3 to go should have been the number one priority just not really an excuse for it.

Got absolutely embarrassed by a 3rd string tackle 

Sorry folks think we can chalk this one up as a loss i wouldnt be shocked if he was another Jerry Hughes who goes on to have a good career in the right scheme. 

Since when is Jason Peters a 3rd string tackle? He's a Pro Bowler.  Walden was the one on the 3rd stringer

Werner has had to beat Ryan Clady and Jason Peters in each game.  I'm not exactly jumping all over the Werner bandwagon, but that sure isn't an easy task to conquer playing pro bowl tackles in both contests.  I'll give him some more time even though I am upset about the game.

definitely not an overreaction. He just isn't a good player. I have absolutely 0 expectations for him right now. 

I have to go back and watch when I am not so involved emotionally involved but I thought they were chipping Werner quite a bit with the back. I still think Werner can get it going.

Can't say the same for our OC that is just embarrassing you run it 2 straight times we have the fg why do you not run it again go up 10 with 3 to go really what was the thought process.

Did he know the score because his play calling on our last possession would indicate that he may have had no idea we were not winning that game. Can't fix stupid.

Why have TY if we aren't going to stretch the filed with him? Then the one time you do it isn't off of play action after we had been running the ball so well.   Nice calls he has no idea how to set up plays

Dude must have been listening to the game on the radio or something. No one who actually watched tonight game would have thought he was a bust

No I watched the game. And every pass rushing play he was completely taken out of the play. It is true that he was going up against a very good tackle, I will give you that. But he was dominated. He really wasn't chipped and double teamed that much either.

When he was he had no answer at all.

I hope I am wrong, but I do not see an NFL 1st round pick out there that is for sure.

Hahah are you guys kidding? Even though we didn't win, I liked the game all around. We're fine. Does any one know who we tried to get screen passes to during the game? Please let me know

Yeah. I'm not worried. We could have played better. Defense was getting gassed and the refs didn't help.

Should have won. We only lost to Denver by 7. We're okay, but the lack of pass rush needs to be addressed.

Werner is junk- most of the 2013 draft was. 

Werner- Can't get any penetration on the O-Line, can't cover

Thornton- Junk Guard, tends to get pushed over

Holmes- Who knows, he never gets a chance to play- He, Ben Ijalana and Tony Ugoh should start a band.

Montori Hughes- Probably our best pick from 2013

John Boyett- Can't get arrested because he's an Indianapolis Colt

Kerwynn Williams- Stolen by the Chargers

Justice Cunningham- Stolen by the Rams

Overall I think we may need to move Werner around some to find effective mismatches.

Werner has had to beat Ryan Clady and Jason Peters in each game.  I'm not exactly jumping all over the Werner bandwagon, but that sure isn't an easy task to conquer playing pro bowl tackles in both contests.  I'll give him some more time even though I am upset about the game.

It is important to remember that just because you are going up against a very good player in front of you, unless you can win a fair share of the one on one confrontations, they will continue remain good and you will not be considered good.  Werner has to at least show a flash and win a battle or two vs stiff opponents.  I haven't seen it yet.  If Werner is not effective against average players this season, I'll begin to consider we whiffed on a round #1 pick.