Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

The Colts Will Induct Wide Receiver Marvin Harrison Into Their "ring Of Honor" On Sunday.

bayone

Definitely deserves it. He's the second best receiver of all time in my opinion

Who ya got? Im assuming Rice at #1. I'm not ever gonna be able to talk you out of Marvin #2, but can I ask for your list at least?

Me personally. Rice, Hutson, Moss, Alworth, then probably TO. Im not sure I could put Marv up there that high. He falls in the Carter/Reed/Ward/Holt range. Top 10/15.

The thing that always impressed my the most about Marvin Harrison is the fact that he never ran his mouth on the field, he never celebrated when he made big plays, and he never had to try and be flashy or anything in order to get attention. He was just a great player, and his performance in games spoke for itself. I really miss Marvin. He deserves every accolade bestowed upon him. By the way, what is this Ring of Honor? This is the first that I've heard of it.

Top 5 NFL all time receivers. He one of my favourite players. Always showed up when needed most, he's really great! Love him, what a great deep threat, but also reliable. He deserves it, and he deserves to see us freagin win!!

The thing that always impressed my the most about Marvin Harrison is the fact that he never ran his mouth on the field, he never celebrated when he made big plays, and he never had to try and be flashy or anything in order to get attention. He was just a great player, and his performance in games spoke for itself. I really miss Marvin. He deserves every accolade bestowed upon him. By the way, what is this Ring of Honor? This is the first that I've heard of it.

100% this. Ultimate pro. Do your job to the highest of your profession, without the diva antics and 'look at me' attitude. A true sporting superstar.

I am sure there will be a debate, but he had the greatest hands and ability to make some kind of seperation at the last second of anyone I have ever seen. He wasnt going to break a tackle, but he was going to run crisp routes and catch anything within his reach. He was the best I have ever seen. Rice was great too, but a different kind of reciever.

I am sure there will be a debate, but he had the greatest hands and ability to make some kind of seperation at the last second of anyone I have ever seen. He wasnt going to break a tackle, but he was going to run crisp routes and catch anything within his reach. He was the best I have ever seen. Rice was great too, but a different kind of reciever.

On Polian Show

Polian stated that he, and the coaches, were the ones who told Harrison to always 'go down' instead of taking a big hit.

Maybe because of slight frame afraid get hurt or fumble ??

http://www.stampedeblue.com/2011/11/21/2579149/recap-of-the-bill-polian-show-week-11-2011#storyjump

Who ya got? Im assuming Rice at #1. I'm not ever gonna be able to talk you out of Marvin #2, but can I ask for your list at least?

Me personally. Rice, Hutson, Moss, Alworth, then probably TO. Im not sure I could put Marv up there that high. He falls in the Carter/Reed/Ward/Holt range. Top 10/15.

I'm not very good with football history. I certainly have Rice at #1 and Harrison at #2. Moss and Hutson are both top 5 in my opinion. Cris Carter and TO both make it into the top 10. Again, I don't know much about historical players, so my list isn't a very comprehensive one

Posted · Hidden by shecolt, November 23, 2011 - inappropriate
Hidden by shecolt, November 23, 2011 - inappropriate

Let's hope he doesn't bring his guns and start shooting. He deserves to be on a wall of shame..not a ring of honor. I thought the Colts were an organization of class. Sorry but Marvin brought this on himself.

Posted · Hidden by shecolt, November 23, 2011 - response to inappropriate comment
Hidden by shecolt, November 23, 2011 - response to inappropriate comment

Let's hope he doesn't bring his guns and start shooting. He deserves to be on a wall of shame..not a ring of honor. I thought the Colts were an organization of class. Sorry but Marvin brought this on himself.

Well he is innocent until proven guilty. Imagine if he was proven innocent. Don't you think it would be wrong that you slammed him with the allegations, and he did absolutely nothing.

Best route runner in the history of the game. Tough as nails player that stayed healthy his whole career. Incredible hands and awesome speed. He won't get into the HOF on the first ballot, but IMO he should. Marvin is one of those players that also makes your Quarterback a better player. Not many receivers do that.

Posted · Hidden by shecolt, November 23, 2011 - response to inappropriate post
Hidden by shecolt, November 23, 2011 - response to inappropriate post

you are one of those Colts fans that doesnt appreciate it's players. All he did was defend his club from some criminal that was causing problems there. Get your facts straight.

Are you his wife? it shouldn't matter what he does off the field. Players are judged by what they do in the game.

Posted · Hidden by shecolt, November 23, 2011 - further response trying to show MH was guilty
Hidden by shecolt, November 23, 2011 - further response trying to show MH was guilty

Well here's one account of the story http://www.gq.com/sp...000000000064833

Maybe it's true and maybe it's not. There's no disagreeing what a great player he was for the Colts. I just think the truth should come out first before we call him 'honorable'. Or we could be like the Bengals and not care.

Well said, Marvin played with so much class. The players of today need to look at him and pattern themselves after him. It was not about Marvin it was about the team. He would catch a TD, or burn a corner he never get in no ones face. All he would do is give the ball to the Ref. CLASS ACT.

143 catches. 20 more then second best season for receptions in NFL history. That's just a staggering accomplishment, and it's only one of his many, many impressive seasons. It'll be tough for him to get into the Hall because of the backlog of receivers in front of him and the line of big number guys behind him, but it really shouldn't be.

I'm not very good with football history. I certainly have Rice at #1 and Harrison at #2. Moss and Hutson are both top 5 in my opinion. Cris Carter and TO both make it into the top 10. Again, I don't know much about historical players, so my list isn't a very comprehensive one

I think its a darn good list and pretty acurate. Harrison dosnt seem to get the credit because he wasnt the tall reciever everyone wants but he could do more than Moss or TO ever could. He was special. There are allot of Moss like recievers out there but no Marvins. They are hard to find

I think its a darn good list and pretty acurate. Harrison dosnt seem to get the credit because he wasnt the tall reciever everyone wants but he could do more than Moss or TO ever could. He was special. There are allot of Moss like recievers out there but no Marvins. They are hard to find

No Marvin doesn't get the credit because he truly didn't separate himself like those other WR. Marvin is in the mold of Reed/Carter/Bruce/Holt/Brown/Smith/Ward. Several WR are like Marvin. The real question is, is will Peyton help or hurt Marvins chances. As for Moss, that guy was special, one trick or not. And TO was an elite WR for 3 different teams, no other WR can come close to saying that. Say what you want about both of there attitudes and personas but they performed on levels few reach.

Love Marvin, but his spot in NFL history is cloudy at best.