Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Some very nice Andrew Luck reading

NewColtsFan

I understand Luck is going to be the Cover Boy/story for Sports Illustrated this week....   you might want to stop by your local 7/11 or newstand to pick up a copy...

Meantime,   here's a nice long profile, an enjoyable read (the [mod edit: I don't think we want to use that term] I mentioned) from writer Dan Pompei of the website Sports on Earth...

For those who can't get enough of Andrew Luck....   well....  enjoy!      :thmup:

http://www.sportsonearth.com/article/92634370/indianapolis-quarterback-andrew-luck-is-almost-too-smart-for-football#!bOVQYO

Edited by Superman

Let's keep it family friendly, guys. Thanks.

Good article, by the way. Based on comments from Pep and Pagano, I think it's safe to assume that our offense will look different than it did last season. Hopefully the efficiency improves, but we retain the ability to connect on big plays down the field.

Let's keep it family friendly, guys. Thanks.

Good article, by the way. Based on comments from Pep and Pagano, I think it's safe to assume that our offense will look different than it did last season. Hopefully the efficiency improves, but we retain the ability to connect on big plays down the field.

Sorry....   I was only trying to attract some eyeballs....   nothing more.

"Pagano has joked with his offensive coaches that they must not be working on sliding with Luck. "Get a slip and slide out here, wet it down and teach the sucker how to frickin' slide!," he said.

I laughed when I read that for 2 reasons: 1. If sliding is Luck's only visible flaw in year 3, that's pretty darn good aside from needing to beat NE in the playoffs & 2. Hasselbeck learned from HC Mike Holmgren in Seattle under QB coach Jim Zorn how to slide very effectively with water, a child's toy tarp, & repetition. Matthew could teach Andrew this lesson blindfolded I think. LOL! 

Great article NCF! Thank you for posting it BTW. 

"It's kind of like with Michael Vick. Plays really are never dead with him."

INT's don't bother with Andrew because he always takes responsibility for them, Big Ben in Pittsburg has 2 SB rings because of his QB improvisation skills, & he has selective amnesia about picks or bad plays.

My only concern is this as I've said before: If you turn the ball over, don't tackle the ball carrier like a LB. Let it go because you're too valuable to the Colts to loose for the rest of the season.

I also get upset at Punter Pat McAfee for doing the same darn thing since he's so essential on Special Team's field position for INDY. I don't want him messing up his knee, foot, or ankle.  

I appreciate the enthusiasm & the desire to stop an opponent from scoring, but it's not worth losing a QB or Punter over 1 insignificant play when we need both men down the stretch for 16-20 weeks.

Forget proving your toughness for 1 game. Just be available & healthy when we need you to just be ready for the next kick or TD. JMO. 

If it makes you feel better Pat & Andrew, just for show slowly jog after them. Just try not to match them stride for stride. Think of it like a treadmill in it's lowest gear. LOL! 

This part got me the most excited:

Tight end Coby Fleener has noticed Luck taking more ownership of the Colts offense, not only with players but also with coaches. He said Luck has been more comfortable giving his opinion to coaches on what plays he likes and doesn't like. He is having more input on the playbook, game plans and tweaks within plans

When a QB is making his opinion heard and contributing to the gameplan, I think it is a huge step.  It shows he is confident and comfortable with the offense, for one thing.  That gets me really stoked

" That passer ended up being sacked more than any player in history, throwing more interceptions than any player in history, and throwing more touchdown passes than any player in history. "I remember with Brett Favre," Hasselbeck said." 

Easy there Matthew, Andrew Luck is a much better QB than #4 ever was at this young stage in his career. Yes, Favre is a HOF QB. I won't deny that, but the point is this: Chuck Pagano is not constantly telling Luck to throw the ball away & throwing his clipboard down to the ground or rolling his eyebrows at him on the sidelines like Mike Holmgren was often seen doing the 1st few seasons in GB. 

"Throw the ball away. God darn it Brett! How many times do we have to go over this?!" I remember these sideline exchanges like it was yesterday. LOL! 

Plus, Luck didn't make a habit of throwing into double or triple coverage either. Like I said before, Luck always takes personal responsibility for an interception something "the gunslinger" rarely ever did. Brett Favre is many things...Humble & self deprecating about his own self inflicted mistakes that cost his team crucial games not so much. 

That's why I admire Andrew: He doesn't believe his own press, he knows he's just a cog in the system, & he doesn't elevate himself or his image to a god like deity like #4 loved to do in his career. Thank you Luck.  

Writers compare Luck to Favre, one of the greatest quarterbacks ever and then that article receives almost universal praise on the Colts forum yet if you dare to suggest Luck might be a tad overrated you get attacked viciously.  The lack of logic and reason on team message boards is astonishing.  Granted sports team message boards are not bastions of intellectual discourse but you'd think you could expect at least a modicum of intelligence.

Writers compare Luck to Favre, one of the greatest quarterbacks ever and then that article receives almost universal praise on the Colts forum yet if you dare to suggest Luck might be a tad overrated you get attacked viciously.  The lack of logic and reason on team message boards is astonishing.  Granted sports team message boards are not bastions of intellectual discourse but you'd think you could expect at least a modicum of intelligence.

What are you talking about? Are you here only to belittle other posters?

The article quotes Luck's teammate -- a former teammate of Favre -- making a comparison of the two players, and that makes Andrew Luck overrated? Who has the better perspective here, you or Matt Hasselbeck? Or are you insinuating that the 17 year veteran, multiple Pro Bowler and SB starting QB lacks logic and reason because he made an offhand remark about Brett Favre when mentioning Andrew Luck?

You make no sense. Whatever crusade you're on, you should at least do a better job of separating what football people say from what people on this message board say. And you'd be well served to do so without taking potshots at everyone who disagrees with you.