Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

This writer thinks Colts have easiest path to SB

chad72

You know I find it very frustrating when people talk about how we are in the weakest division in football. They imply that's the only reason we make the playoffs yet they have a whole different tune when talking about the Patriots when they were in the worst division in football for a majority of their playoff runs I would argue even now there isn't much comp in that division.

You know I find it very frustrating when people talk about how we are in the weakest division in football. They imply that's the only reason we make the playoffs yet they have a whole different tune when talking about the Patriots when they were in the worst division in football for a majority of their playoff runs I would argue even now there isn't much comp in that division.

Its not how you get to the playoffs to get that top 2 seeding, it is what you do with it that matters. I'm confident when I say we will get a top 2 seeding this year in the AFC. The big question will be, what will we do with it?

We seem to be a real difficult team to put away at home in the regular season. Both the Broncos and Seahawks can attest to that. Our home game in 2014 vs the Patriots will tell us more if the Colts and #12 can make it 1-2 vs the Patriots for Luck's career. :)

Once we get that top 2 seeding, we HAVE TO cash in during the playoffs. I really don't care whether we play in a good division or bad one to get that top 2 seeding.

Games that we 'should win' scare me the most.  I think the Browns are one of the best bad teams out there.  I'm thinking they draft Watkins and a QB in the first round, and Carlos Hyde in the second.  If Hoyer plays QB like he did before being injured, they have a great offense.  We could barely beat them when they didn't have anyone playing QB a few years ago.

Skins are going to be better, Eagles are very good.  Cowboys always give us trouble.  Not to mention the Titans and Texans being way better than their records.  Bengals will destroy us again, Steelers and Ravens are trouble.

Then there are the real good teams like NE and Denver...  Yeah, I think we win four or five games...

We're doomed!  Doomed I tell ya!

That writer wrote off the Texans because of a  horrendous season. The Texans are a super talented team and if they go for defense with their first pick they could be a super force. The Jags may go with Johnny Manziel and that will change their face. I see a lot of potential in the teams on our schedule as there are some "new teams in town" and as far as using the word "easy", what NFL is that writer talking about?

Everyone of those teams will be vastly different then they were last year with free agency, and a draft yet to come. Some of those teams will make progress... some will regress. It will be a interesting season. I'm more excited about 2014 than any in recent memory.

Except that the AFC East outside of the Patriots won quite a few more games last year than the AFC South.

The dolphins are a better team than any AFC South team not named the Colts.

There is no easy road to the super bowl. All this speculation and predictions is all for not. I was looking through some of last years magazines and the so called experts were pretty far off in their predictions. I don't put to much thought into predictions because there are too many variables that decide the finale tallies. Injuries, turnovers and numerous other factors can change from week to week.

Except that the AFC East outside of the Patriots won quite a few more games last year than the AFC South.

The dolphins are a better team than any AFC South team not named the Colts.

I guess you had a comprehension problem with his comment. He said the majority of their playoff runs not last season.

Like everyone stated above, no team every wins any game on paper. Nothing is a given in the NFL; You must claw, scratch, spit, & collapse your adversary's will by force. 

I wanna see us go toe to toe with AZ in the SB if necessary just to get that bitter after taste of defeat out of my mouth from last season. Bruce Arians can be beaten.  

Plus, if that actually transpired for real, the Cardinals would be the 1st SB team to play the Big Game under their own home dome in NFL history. Yes, I'm rooting for INDY in that scenario too BTW. 

Please.

When has any AFC South team not named the Colts been successful in the playoffs?

10 years?

When has any team besides the Pats been successful in the AFC east?  The Jets? About as much as the Texans. Just because you were so busy defending your team you failed to comprehend what Combsey stated in the comment. Now you try to deflect that be going out of subject of the thread?