Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

It's Great to be a Colts and Broncos Fan

18Manning

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, if I was to claim to be only a Manning fan, how can I be a fan without hoping the team he plays on does well? That doesn't make much sense.

jpyTI.gif

Hmmmm Let's see: 

Your screen name is 18Manning

Your avatar is Peyton Manning

Your signature says Peyton Manning MVP blah blah blah. 

Just embrace the fact that you are a Manning fan and whatever team he was on, you'd be a fan of that team. 

jpyTI.gif

Hmmmm Let's see: 

Your screen name is 18Manning

Your avatar is Peyton Manning

Your signature says Peyton Manning MVP blah blah blah. 

Just embrace the fact that you are a Manning fan and whatever team he was on, you'd be a fan of that team

Okay. I'm not denying that. So what's your point? I can be both. Your original post suggested I had to pick only a Manning fan.

Guest TeamLoloJones

I like being a fan of 2 teams, especially when they're both doing so well.

It's funny...It's like your confessing your sin to us because you know you're doing something wrong, and you feel guilty.

It's funny...It's like your confessing your sin to us because you know you're doing something wrong, and you feel guilty.

Uhhh, that's not it at all. I'm sure there are many Manning fans here. I was merely commenting after looking at the power rankings and seeing my 2 favorite teams in the top 10. You people are RIDICULOUS!

Uhhh, that's not it at all. I'm sure there are many Manning fans here. I was merely commenting after looking at the power rankings and seeing my 2 favorite teams in the top 10. You people are RIDICULOUS!

I was a fan of Edge too, but I didn't become a Cardinals fan.

I was an Edge fan too, but didn't become a Cardinals fan either. I've been a fan of many Colts players that went to other teams and did not become fans of those teams. I'd suggest Peyton Manning wasn't just another Colts player. If anyone is suggesting he was just another Colts player, IMO, you're a little off target.

I love being a Colts/Chiefs/49ers/Packers/Giants/Panthers fan personally.

It's amazing to have all this wealth of talent to follow and worship.

I hope all Colts/Chiefs/49ers/Packers/Giants/Panthers fans join me in this quest for domination of the NFL!!!!

I love being a Colts/Chiefs/49ers/Packers/Giants/Panthers fan personally.

It's amazing to have all this wealth of talent to follow and worship.

I hope all Colts/Chiefs/49ers/Packers/Giants/Panthers fans join me in this quest for domination of the NFL!!!!

I'll add Giants and then Falcons as I'm from Georgia. :)

It's hardly the same thing.

Never-the-less I was pulling hard for the Cardinals during their SB run with Edge despite never caring remotely about the team at any other time in their history.

A lot of these younger fans are into the star pop culture of players fostered by ESPN, NFL network, and others . They follow individual players in a bandwagon effect, or the hot team du jour. In my world, you stick by your city , your team, and the guys that are currently on your team. I still like Ed Reed, but he's a Texan. I'm pulling for our guys. When he retires and comes back to Baltimore, he will be garnered full honors.

I was an Edge fan too, but didn't become a Cardinals fan either. I've been a fan of many Colts players that went to other teams and did not become fans of those teams. I'd suggest Peyton Manning wasn't just another Colts player. If anyone is suggesting he was just another Colts player, IMO, you're a little off target.

I don't think anyone is suggesting that. I'm a Manning fan too, but I don't care one iota about the Broncos....I hope the Colts destroy them when they come to town.

A lot of these younger fans are into the star pop culture of players fostered by ESPN, NFL network, and others . They follow individual players in a bandwagon effect, or the hot team du jour. In my world, you stick by your city , your team, and the guys that are currently on your team. I still like Ed Reed, but he's a Texan. I'm pulling for our guys. When he retires and comes back to Baltimore, he will be garnered full honors.

^^^^This except Colts, and different players, and you get it....

Sounds wonderful in theory, but it's pretty obvious to me that most of the people on here who routinely defend Peyton (such as myself) don't come close to meeting your description :sigh: while many of the most vociferous responders to such defense are mere babes.

Sounds wonderful in theory, but it's pretty obvious to me that most of the people on here who routinely defend Peyton (such as myself) don't come close to meeting your description :sigh: while many of the most vociferous responders to such defense are mere babes.

Just an observation. I like Manning also, but he's not my guy, but I appreciate him as a great NFL player. I see a lot of kids my teenaged sons age who like teams because the players that are on it. They play Madden,etc. Not everyone fits that description, but I bet there are many youngsters that do.

Will the folks who are calling themselves Broncos fans continue to root for Denver after Manning retires? That's really the question isn't it? If not, then are you really a Broncos fan? Or are you simply a Manning fan? There is no "wrong" answer here, and if you're a Manning fan it's only natural to want his team to do well. But if that's the case, it's about the name on the back of the jersey, not the front. Again, that doesn't matter... to each his own. 

It is this type of bickering that is driving me away from the Forum..

I am going to the Colts/Seahawks game this weekend, but no-one has asked me who I'm cheering for. Heads Up, It is not the Seahawks.

Two Weeks later I will be going to the Colts/Broncos game, and you can bet your behind that my fandom will be questioned. Not a secret I am a Colts Fan, and also a Fan of Peyton.

I am very much looking forward to both games I am attending, in my Colts Attire, and don't want it ruined by a bunch of non-stop bickering.

So until we meet again, So long for awhile.

Gramz

I was a Unitas fan but not a San Diego Charger fan. I never cheered for Mike Mussina when he went to the Yankees. I liked both those guys , but not against the home team.

Yes me too on the Unitas thing, but i did feel pretty bad for the guy and knowing that the one who made me a Colts fan

way back in 1958 career was coming to an end....

It is this type of bickering that is driving me away from the Forum..I am going to the Colts/Seahawks game this weekend, but no-one has asked me who I'm cheering for. Heads Up, It is not the Seahawks.Two Weeks later I will be going to the Colts/Broncos game, and you can bet your behind that my fandom will be questioned. Not a secret I am a Colts Fan, and also a Fan of Peyton.I am very much looking forward to both games I am attending, in my Colts Attire, and don't want it ruined by a bunch of non-stop bickering.So until we meet again, So long for awhile.Gramz

I don't think being a Manning fan bothers anyone, but this guy is a Broncos fan.....and that's just a no no in the sports world lol

I don't think anyone is suggesting that. I'm a Manning fan too, but I don't care one iota about the Broncos....I hope the Colts destroy them when they come to town.

I don't see how any real true Colts fan could be pulling for Manning when they the Broncos come to play the colts. I question your loyalty to the Colts and you might as well leave this place now because your not a Colts fan first, NO WAY..... But now I truly understand if your a Peyton fan like I was Unitas are he made you a Colts Fan I see nothing wrong with that at all.  The only reason I'm saying this although I don't remember but maybe there was, someone saying around here I hope the Broncos (Manning) kick the Colts (you know what) for getting rid of him?? But sometimes without some saying it you can read their minds. Just saying...

It is this type of bickering that is driving me away from the Forum..

I am going to the Colts/Seahawks game this weekend, but no-one has asked me who I'm cheering for. Heads Up, It is not the Seahawks.

Two Weeks later I will be going to the Colts/Broncos game, and you can bet your behind that my fandom will be questioned. Not a secret I am a Colts Fan, and also a Fan of Peyton.

I am very much looking forward to both games I am attending, in my Colts Attire, and don't want it ruined by a bunch of non-stop bickering.

So until we meet again, So long for awhile.

Gramz

Hey I remember another site about the why's and don'ts not to go and move somewhere???? :mod:

I think the difference between being a Manning fan and a Bronco's fan is that a Manning fan knows and acknowledges that he probably won't care about the Bronco's after Manning leaves them.  

Unless Manning is in the way of the Colt's winning a game or getting into the playoffs then I'm a Manning fan.  I hope he does well and I hope he wins a SB with the Broncos.  

In that sense I'm cheering for him and the Broncos.  

But after he's done with the Broncos I'm not really gonna care so much.  

I don't see how any real true Colts fan could be pulling for Manning when they the Broncos come to play the colts. I question your loyalty to the Colts and you might as well leave this place now because your not a Colts fan first, NO WAY..... But now I truly understand if your a Peyton fan like I was Unitas are he made you a Colts Fan I see nothing wrong with that at all.  The only reason I'm saying this although I don't remember but maybe there was, someone saying around here I hope the Broncos (Manning) kick the Colts (you know what) for getting rid of him?? But sometimes without some saying it you can read their minds. Just saying...

I became the football fan I am because of the Colts. I followed the Colts long before Peyton arrived. Then, with the help of Manning (HUGE HELP), I saw the Colts win a Super Bowl. In addition to all his skills, he appears to be one of the most standup guys in professional sports. So, I am a Colts fan as well as a Manning (therefore Broncos) fan. As for when the Colts play the Broncos, I won't be disappointed either way. I'm sure many of you here will be all over that, but I don't care. I'm a football fan. I like both teams. I suppose in a perfect scenario, I'd like to see the Colts win, but Manning still get some ridiculous stats. :) 

I think the difference between being a Manning fan and a Bronco's fan is that a Manning fan knows and acknowledges that he probably won't care about the Bronco's after Manning leaves them.  

Unless Manning is in the way of the Colt's winning a game or getting into the playoffs then I'm a Manning fan.  I hope he does well and I hope he wins a SB with the Broncos.  

In that sense I'm cheering for him and the Broncos.  

But after he's done with the Broncos I'm not really gonna care so much.  

I can't say that I probably won't care about the Broncos, but I would assume not as much. However, I don't know because I haven't come to that bridge as of yet. 

I'm pushing 50, so I don't fit this description either, but I know what you mean.