Photo

Coach Speak with Offensive Coordinator / Quarterback Coach Pep Hamilton

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
16 replies to this topic

#1 coming on strong

coming on strong
  • 262 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 02:48 AM

From 2011

Game Rewind: Relive every NFL moment…subscribe to Game Rewind. Relive every NFL moment…subscribe to Game Rewind.

#2 coming on strong

coming on strong
  • 262 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 02:58 AM

This is when pep hamilton was the offensive coorinator, this video can help give us a preview of what pep hamilton will bring to the colts , and his skill at play calling.

#3 coming on strong

coming on strong
  • 262 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 03:00 AM

of course pep will change some things up and adjust better to the nfl, I noticed pep like to run bootlegs with luck.

#4 Mr.Debonair

Mr.Debonair
  • 469 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 04:25 AM

Def alot of short routes, but they are incorporated well with the deeper routes within the same play. I just want better Red Zone production. That's what we were missing this year often

#5 Everyone

Everyone
  • 922 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 08:11 AM

This is when pep hamilton was the offensive coorinator, this video can help give us a preview of what pep hamilton will bring to the colts , and his skill at play calling.

I had to stop watching that video after the interception lol, it wasn't making very confident

#6 lollygagger8

lollygagger8
  • 4637 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 08:53 AM

So if Pep is OC AND QB Coach, where does that leave Clyde?

#7 Balzer40

Balzer40
  • 6664 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 09:19 AM

So if Pep is OC AND QB Coach, where does that leave Clyde?

Clyde is still QB's coach. The title of the thread is talking about Pep's title at Stanford.

"Dream as you'll live forever, live as you'll die today". -- James Dean.

#8 Gavin

Gavin
  • 17925 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 09:26 AM

I had to stop watching that video after the interception lol, it wasn't making very confident

those are going to happen in any scheme

#9 Mameluc

Mameluc
  • 2016 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 10:44 AM

tons of short routes, Pep liked to move Luck out of pocket so thats good and i saw lots of empty sets which i wasnt expecting and the deep one every now and then

#10 throwing BBZ

throwing BBZ
  • 3305 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 11:10 AM

Thanks for this excellent contribution. Hopefully this will help cut down on some of the posts from our Newer FB fans.

#11 No 1 Manning Fan

No 1 Manning Fan
  • 807 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 11:30 AM

I like the underneath routes in combination with some deeper routes. On several occassions the D dropped back to cover the deep threats and that cleared out middle for some decent YAC for the underneath receiver.

#12 UKCOLT17

UKCOLT17
  • 369 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 11:45 AM

U cant really look at this I understand what kind of plays we will be doing but we've got a tough schedule next year the talent wise is so different for some reason I ain't looking forward to the play calling but that my opinion

#13 Tark The Shark

Tark The Shark
  • 2391 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 12:57 PM

I like the play calling in the video.

Pep also likes to give Andrew options which I think is beneficial to him to reading the defense correctly.

Also a saw a lot of RBs and guys in the backfield catching passes which is another thing that we needed last year.

Also we could see Fleener & Allen getting more time on the field with Fleener in the slot and Allen playing the traditional TE spot.

TY could be used like Montgomery was in that bowl game with a lot of bubble screens and short routes and use Hilton's speed to get upfield quickly.

“Pressure is something you feel when you don't know what the heck you're doing.”- Peyton Manning

#14 IrishColt22

IrishColt22
  • 179 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 01:02 PM

have to say i used this to look at Whalen a bit more not too shabby seemed to slip a bit tho 

#15 azcolt

azcolt
  • 354 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 02:07 PM

Def alot of short routes, but they are incorporated well with the deeper routes within the same play. I just want better Red Zone production. That's what we were missing this year often
Mostly short routes because Stanford's receivers weren't speedy.

#16 NewColtsFan

NewColtsFan
  • 8197 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 02:24 PM

Couple of thoughts....

As this was a Jan 3 Bowl Game,  remember, Pep had roughly 3-4 weeks to prepare a game plan.   What says more is what an OC does on a week to week basis during the regular season.   My mother can come up with a good game plan in a month and she's been dead for more than 20 years.   (but she was a very good game planner!)

Also....   Pep was doing what he was doing because of Stanford's limitations...   few quality WR's...   Stanford ran the ball often and threw ball control pass plays to keep our defense off the field as much as possible. 

Pep has been in the NFL for roughly 7 years.   He'll adapt the best of what Stanford did with what the NFL requires....  of that I'm modestly confident.

My concern is day to day, week to week, and in-game play calling.   It's Pep, a new NFL OC and play caller,  vs. top NFL DC's....   That concerns me greatly....   He was not viewed as a great play caller at Stanford.   Not bad, but not great.   So, how will he do on the highest level?     That remains to be seen....

Interesting times ahead.....

#17 RomanianColtsFan

RomanianColtsFan
  • 828 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 03:01 PM

I liked what I saw from Whalen in that video. I expect a good year ahead from him.

COLTS TICKETS!

Single Game Tickets Available!

BUY THEM TODAY!
Join the Stampede!

Recent Status Updates

• Photo
      30 Sep
    Gramz

The ability to speak several languages is an asset...but the ability to keep your mouth shut in any language is PRICELESS

Show comments (6)
View All Updates