Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

atapcl

Can Teddy Williams Realize His Potential?

27 posts in this topic

Pro Football Weekly published an article on the Colts grooming Teddy Williams. He is listed as 6-1 and around 200lbs. He is said to run a sub 4.3 forty with a 43" vertical leap. They state that UFL officials said he was the best player in their league. An article in the Star News hinted that he is the fastest player on the Colts roster and possibly the fastest in the NFL. He was the fastest runner in the world for a few months until Usain Bolt broke his 100 meter record. His negatives are that he can not seem to stay healthy (he is injured now), he never played college football, he played offense in high school. The Cowboys tried grooming him as a cb but released him from training camp where he went to the UFL. The Colts thought enough of him to put him on the active roster instead of taking a chance with him on the practice squad. Maybe he has the potential to win a starting cb job next year making Powers expendable. 

1 person likes this

6'1 200. Hmmm, sounds like a DRC or Antonio Cromartie build.

I think Pagano could work with that

Well he was a WR/CB/KR so definitely a player worth keeping if he can stay healthy.  Fastest in the NFL huh?  Wish the Pro Bowl still did the All-Star challenges or whatever they were.  He could compete in the fastest man competition 

Now, the fastest man competition in the NFL is something I would Pay to see.

1 person likes this

Well he was a WR/CB/KR so definitely a player worth keeping if he can stay healthy.  Fastest in the NFL huh?  Wish the Pro Bowl still did the All-Star challenges or whatever they were.  He could compete in the fastest man competition 

Now, the fastest man competition in the NFL is something I would Pay to see.

I would so pay to see that...I miss the Superstars competition they used to have as well, pitting athletes from all sports, both pro and amateur.

I remember when Darrell Green used to win the fastest man almost every year, even when he was an old man...he was one of the greatest athletes I ever saw that maintained his greatness for many years.

I would love to see a race between Williams, Holliday, Hilton, Chris Johnson, and Mike Wallace...

The flaw in this logic is thinking that he has potential. There are hundreds of track guys who can't play football.

Just because he has speed doesn't mean he can cut, cover, or tackle.

I would so pay to see that...I miss the Superstars competition they used to have as well, pitting athletes from all sports, both pro and amateur.

I remember when Darrell Green used to win the fastest man almost every year, even when he was an old man...he was one of the greatest athletes I ever saw that maintained his greatness for many years.

I would love to see a race between Williams, Holliday, Hilton, Chris Johnson, and Mike Wallace...

Hershell Walker and Willie Gault always thought they were the fastest and Darrell Green would just walk up and blow them away.  I loved it.  I truly believe he was the fastest guy to ever play in the NFL.

The special on tv "You Don't Know Bo" reports (and I have read this before) that Bo had the fastest combine time ever of 4.12.  I don't know why Chris Johnson and Deion Sanders are given credit for the fastest, but anyone who ever saw Bo Jackson can believe it.

1 person likes this

neither of those guys are faster than desean Jackson.
1 person likes this

With such little experience, why would you try to make him a corner back? It's only one of the hardest positions to play. IMO WR or KR is a much better fit.

1 person likes this

With such little experience, why would you try to make him a corner back? It's only one of the hardest positions to play. IMO WR or KR is a much better fit.

I thought the same thing.  It is hard enough to teach routes to good college wide receivers, and good college defensive schemes to DBs.  My guess is Grigs must see something in this speedster.  

I guess that just makes one wish they had 'just a little more speed,' a little better arm......a little bit extra to make the pros.......I guess a  :sigh: or  :slaphead: is in order......... :)  "Hey I am fast....I am going to be an NFL corner!"

I thought the same thing. It is hard enough to teach routes to good college wide receivers, and good college defensive schemes to DBs. My guess is Grigs must see something in this speedster.

I guess that just makes one wish they had 'just a little more speed,' a little better arm......a little bit extra to make the pros.......I guess a :sigh: or :slaphead: is in order......... :) "Hey I am fast....I am going to be an NFL corner!"

Yeah I'd start slow with KR duties, hoping he can at least protect the football.

What *. did he play in the UFL?

This.

It sounds good, but being cut by the Cowboys isn't exactly encouraging...

The fact he doesn't have college experience worries me.

This.

It sounds good, but being cut by the Cowboys isn't exactly encouraging...

The fact he doesn't have college experience worries me.

He only played STs in the UFL. if straight line speed is his only asset he won't do much in the NFL.

He only played STs in the UFL. if straight line speed is his only asset he won't do much in the NFL.

He was the ufl's best player and he only played ST?

I may not post for the next 3 months I'm laughing so hard...

1 person likes this

He was the ufl's best player and he only played ST?

I may not post for the next 3 months I'm laughing so hard...

He was their best player? No wonder no one got paid.

What *. did he play in the UFL?

He played as a corner, but didn't start.

Throw Giordano in there.  He's wicked fast. 

He played as a corner, but didn't start.

then why does the OP write that the UFA officials say that he was the best player in their league? hmmmm...

He also played cb in the UFL.

Pagano could morph him into a Good CB. He's already fast. Just work on his Coverage & Ball Skills and we got ourselves a CB

Pagano could morph him into a Good CB. He's already fast. Just work on his Coverage & Ball Skills and we got ourselves a CB

It's a skill position. Sure, speed helps but it's a small part of the position. It's like saying every big guy (Link) could play LT if they could just develop foot work and technique.

I don't know if Williams can turn his hips or track a WR. Not to mention tackle. If he can work out as a KR or gunner, that's a plus.

1 person likes this

It's a skill position. Sure, speed helps but it's a small part of the position. It's like saying every big guy (Link) could play LT if they could just develop foot work and technique.

I don't know if Williams can turn his hips or track a WR. Not to mention tackle. If he can work out as a KR or gunner, that's a plus.

We have to at least give him a chance at it. If it doesn't work out then sure put him at KR that'll give TY Hilton more time to rest. Use Teddy & Deji Karim as KR/PR

We have to at least give him a chance at it. If it doesn't work out then sure put him at KR that'll give TY Hilton more time to rest. Use Teddy & Deji Karim as KR/PR

Don't you think he's getting reps at practice, and if the coaches think he can play that they'd put him in?

Remember, he couldn't start in the UFL. If he really has potential I hope they keep him on the team and work with him in the offseason.

I wonder if he's one of those "fast twitch" guys, very fast but also very prone to injury?

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Thread of the Week

• Topics

• For whatever reason, my last few films have been controversial ones. I didn't plan it that way. It just sort of happened, but I will admit that I have always been drawn to provocative subjects ever since I can remember. My latest review called "Confirmation" a 2016 political drama directed by Rick Famuyiwa slides right into that hot button territory as well. I promise to behave myself here & only establish broad brush strokes that the director portrays in this 1 hour & 50 minute piece of cinema, but it will be extremely difficult to restrain my true feelings since I graduated from high school in 1991 & remember very well the US Senate Hearings on Supreme Court nominee Clarence Thomas on TV & the sexual harassment charges leveled against him by Anita Hill, a former subordinate under Thomas's supervision at the EEOC [Equal Employment Opportunity Commission.]   In the interest of full disclosure, I'm gonna be honest with my audience & say that I believed Miss Hill's testimony back then & I never thought Mr. Thomas should have been confirmed to replace Thurgood Marshall either & the director has this same slant or bias in this production too. Watching this flick took me right back to 1991 during the George H.W. Bush Administration who submitted Thomas's name for consideration to the highest judicial office in the land. It was almost bizarre to see younger versions of anchormen Tom Brokaw & Dan Rather, Andrea Mitchell, & footage of Peter Jennings & Tim Russert, former host of "Meet The Press" both deceased now. The picture does a nice job of blending fictional testimony scenes from Hill & Thomas with archival news footage from CBS, NBC, ABC, & CNN. It's odd to see the primitive nature of TVs & computers back then long before iPhones & iMacs were present in every office in America.    In a nutshell, the movie is divided between 2 sides: Those who believed that Clarence Thomas is being railroaded by groups like NOW [Natl. Organization Of Women] simply because he leans toward the Conservative side on issues & Those on the Progressive side who believed that Anita Hill was sexually harassed by her boss who made several unwanted advances & lewd sexual references toward her based solely on her appearance & physical attractiveness as he saw it refusing to change his behavior after numerous requests to do so.    Plotline: The year is 1991 & Clarence Thomas [Wendell Pierce] has been nominated to fill a vacant seat on the Supreme Court. The chairmen of these Senate Hearing is Joe Biden [Greg Kinnear] from Delaware. The process appears to going along smoothly for Thomas until a current professor of law at The University of Oklahoma named Anita Hill [Kerry Washington] decides to reluctantly testify before Congress in the Senate. I won't bore my audience with Congressional names or the staffers who work on their behalf on both sides of the DC aisle other then to say this: The bulk of this film focuses on the testimony of Hill & how Thomas reacts to the allegations leveled against him.    Clarence Thomas's supporters somehow convince Biden to deliver his testimony first & while giving his opening remarks Thomas claims that these sexual harassment allegations are false, unfounded, & that he treated all his female employees with respect. When Anita Hill is allowed to testify before the Senate, she tells the body assembled there in a long, prepared, typed statement that Mr. Thomas constantly tried to ask her out socially, bragged about the size of his organ, talked about several adult films he had seen despite making her feel very uneasy, & that on 1 occasion he made a deplorable joke about hair from a private region of his body being found on the aluminum can itself. As you listen to Hill say these words out loud, it dawns on you that all the members in these judiciary hearings are men with zero women in elected office at this point. Think about that reality for a second.    Despite the fact that Anita Hill is well educated, well read, articulate, a credible witness, & very bright; the following doubts & allegations are brought against her testimony: Why did it take her so long to bring these sexual harassment charges forward? Why did she continue to have contact with Thomas? Why didn't she just talk about misconduct sooner & bring formal charges against him? Is she just looking for simple fame, fortune, & publicity? Was she secretly attracted to him & Thomas declined her advances so therefore she wants revenge now? Did she get some of her crazy harassment allegations from books like "The Exorcist?" Did she develop a secret, sexual crush on Thomas known as erotomania like she's some sort of mental deviant?    As you watch the absurd theories cast against Miss Hill by senators who believe this is an unfair witch hunt against Clarence Thomas, it makes you upset or it made me furious rather than none of these male Congressmen ever considered the possibility that men in positions of authority could use their stature & influence to manipulate the situation to their advantage thru unwanted advances or even intercourse because they write evaluations on their subordinates that they oversee, they determine a women's future thru promotions or recommendations; they can blackball or prevent females from working at other law firms or any law firm rather ever again. Could a women studying law really saw no to her boss's advances back in 1991 with the 'boys will be boys' mentality? Sadly no, not really. Not if you wanna advance or climb up the legal ladder anyway. In addition, this really ticked me off. Anita Hill's claims of harassment weren't taken seriously in the Senate chamber because she was a black woman instead of a white woman stating these allegations against Thomas. What?!! That's absurd! Why should the color of the woman's skin even matter. That's freaking ridiculous & very insulting.    You wanna know how Clarence Thomas refutes these unsettlingly serious allegations? He calls the whole backlash situation against him a "high tech lynching." Excuse me? You have got to be joking. So let me get this straight, a former employee under your supervision who happen to be black just like you has committed a vile act of racist cruelty against Thomas simply because he was asked several times to stop engaging in lewd conversations about her appearance & Clarence claims that what Anita did to him by testifying is the equivalent to a hate crime? I'm about ready to smack you sir. And the worst part is that nobody in the Senate challenges Thomas on such ludicrous remarks at all. Unbelievable.    Hill even agrees to take a lie detector test to prove that she is telling the truth. However, many who oppose her assertions claim that the results are meaningless because testers can make anybody pass polygraphs if they want. Ah no, first you establish a base line with false responses & then you monitor a person's heart rate & breathing patterns for erratic fluctuations. The only individuals who can pass a polygraph are psychopaths & serial killers with no appreciation for right or wrong & no impulse control. Lie detector tests are almost impossible to fake as long as the professional examiner knows what the hades they are doing.    The picture ends with Miss Hill returning back to Oklahoma. She is tired of fighting against unfounded innuendo about her reputation & character assassination tactics. Once back teaching, she takes comfort & solace in all the letters she receives from women who thank her for opening their eyes against sexual harassment. Clarence Thomas becomes a Supreme Court Justice as we all know.    This film does make think twice about what you say to your female colleagues in the workplace as it should. Can you say some looks nice today without it coming across as inappropriate? I guess it depends on a person's tone, sincerity, & maintaining eye contact without visually wondering to other sections of a co-workers anatomy I guess. Lets roll with a B- on "Confirmation" because Hill & Thomas's performances were quite good & we never see Clarence believe he ever did anything wrong, even though he claims that he can't look his son in the eye anymore while undergoing the confirmation process anyway.    If I ever said anything that made a woman feel uncomfortable about her appearance or attractiveness, I'm sorry.        "Who's to say what's for me to say...be...do
      Cause a big nothing it'll be for me
      The land of opportunity
      The golden chance for me
      My future looks so bright
      Now I think I've seen the light"  
    • He has enough money if he has that big of a problem with this country he can fund a ticket to any country of his choice that he cares enough to stand up for. I am sure he has a passport so it's just a matter of taking care of his finances and get on a jet and fly the hades out of here.
    • You pretty much summed up my thoughts as well. It's hard for me to comprehend why he chose this way to made his voice be heard.
    • I believe they have amended the rules to 'touching the passer'......
  • Welcome New Members

• Hi And Welcome! You can create a thread after you have 10 approved posts.  When you first join, you can post 5 replies per 24 hours so, it takes 48 hours at minimum before you can post.   Apologies for the inconvenience but it keeps our drive by trouble making to a minimum.
    • Hello Colts Nation   I am a long time reader of this forum but never really participated in comments but hope to join in this season.   Been a Colts fan since the 'move' when i lived in Carmel.  Actually liked the Colts before that when i was younger but it was the uniform that appealed to me.    I am wondering how do I start a topic in a forum?  Do I have to have so many replies before approved?  I tried to find the rules topic on this but no luck.   Thanks   Edit: I finally found the section on the rules to posting.  :-)
  • Members

Community Software by Invision Power Services, Inc.