Photo

Can Teddy Williams Realize His Potential?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
26 replies to this topic

#1 atapcl

atapcl
  • 1370 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 09:38 PM

Pro Football Weekly published an article on the Colts grooming Teddy Williams. He is listed as 6-1 and around 200lbs. He is said to run a sub 4.3 forty with a 43" vertical leap. They state that UFL officials said he was the best player in their league. An article in the Star News hinted that he is the fastest player on the Colts roster and possibly the fastest in the NFL. He was the fastest runner in the world for a few months until Usain Bolt broke his 100 meter record. His negatives are that he can not seem to stay healthy (he is injured now), he never played college football, he played offense in high school. The Cowboys tried grooming him as a cb but released him from training camp where he went to the UFL. The Colts thought enough of him to put him on the active roster instead of taking a chance with him on the practice squad. Maybe he has the potential to win a starting cb job next year making Powers expendable. 

Game Rewind: Relive every NFL moment…subscribe to Game Rewind. Relive every NFL moment…subscribe to Game Rewind.

#2 TKnight24

TKnight24
  • 11990 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 09:47 PM

6'1 200. Hmmm, sounds like a DRC or Antonio Cromartie build.

I think Pagano could work with that
"I differ what they prefer, so they count me like the census"

#3 AustinCollie17

AustinCollie17

• 2191 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 10:05 PM

Well he was a WR/CB/KR so definitely a player worth keeping if he can stay healthy.  Fastest in the NFL huh?  Wish the Pro Bowl still did the All-Star challenges or whatever they were.  He could compete in the fastest man competition 

Waiting for the draft...

#4 GrizzColt

GrizzColt
  • 1088 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 11:40 PM

Now, the fastest man competition in the NFL is something I would Pay to see.

#5 T Y Goodbye

T Y Goodbye

Formerly known as CF4L

• 2024 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 06:12 AM

Well he was a WR/CB/KR so definitely a player worth keeping if he can stay healthy.  Fastest in the NFL huh?  Wish the Pro Bowl still did the All-Star challenges or whatever they were.  He could compete in the fastest man competition 

Now, the fastest man competition in the NFL is something I would Pay to see.

I would so pay to see that...I miss the Superstars competition they used to have as well, pitting athletes from all sports, both pro and amateur.

I remember when Darrell Green used to win the fastest man almost every year, even when he was an old man...he was one of the greatest athletes I ever saw that maintained his greatness for many years.

I would love to see a race between Williams, Holliday, Hilton, Chris Johnson, and Mike Wallace...

Marcus Mariota....Heisman Watch (Oregon 9-1) (Ranked #2) QBR 184.6 (Acounted for 37 Total TD's this year)

Week 9 vs #17 Utah W 21-27, Passing: 17-29, 239 yards, 3 TD's, 18 carries, 114 net yards. 1 TD (sacked 4 times, -28 yards), 0 INT

After 10 games 186-287 (67.1%),2,780 yards,29 TD's,2 INT,  AVG: 10 YPC, 89 rushes, 524 net yards, (23 sacks for -132 yards) 8 TD's, 1 rec 26 yds 1TD

#6 PrincetonTiger

PrincetonTiger
  • Memb ns
  • 18292 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 08:49 AM

he could be a hidden gem

Onward Princeton Forward Princeton

PrincetonTiger77

#7 Smonroe

Smonroe
  • 7562 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 09:51 AM

The flaw in this logic is thinking that he has potential. There are hundreds of track guys who can't play football.

Just because he has speed doesn't mean he can cut, cover, or tackle.

#8 GrizzColt

GrizzColt
  • 1088 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 09:55 AM

I would so pay to see that...I miss the Superstars competition they used to have as well, pitting athletes from all sports, both pro and amateur.

I remember when Darrell Green used to win the fastest man almost every year, even when he was an old man...he was one of the greatest athletes I ever saw that maintained his greatness for many years.

I would love to see a race between Williams, Holliday, Hilton, Chris Johnson, and Mike Wallace...

Hershell Walker and Willie Gault always thought they were the fastest and Darrell Green would just walk up and blow them away.  I loved it.  I truly believe he was the fastest guy to ever play in the NFL.

The special on tv "You Don't Know Bo" reports (and I have read this before) that Bo had the fastest combine time ever of 4.12.  I don't know why Chris Johnson and Deion Sanders are given credit for the fastest, but anyone who ever saw Bo Jackson can believe it.

#9 GOCOLTS_ROLLTIDE

GOCOLTS_ROLLTIDE
  • 871 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 11:01 AM

neither of those guys are faster than desean Jackson.

#10 JoKeR

JoKeR

And here...we.. GO...

• 6750 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 12:36 PM

With such little experience, why would you try to make him a corner back? It's only one of the hardest positions to play. IMO WR or KR is a much better fit.

#11 BrentMc11

BrentMc11
  • 13081 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 12:50 PM

With such little experience, why would you try to make him a corner back? It's only one of the hardest positions to play. IMO WR or KR is a much better fit.

I thought the same thing.  It is hard enough to teach routes to good college wide receivers, and good college defensive schemes to DBs.  My guess is Grigs must see something in this speedster.  

I guess that just makes one wish they had 'just a little more speed,' a little better arm......a little bit extra to make the pros.......I guess a  :sigh: or  :slaphead: is in order......... :)  "Hey I am fast....I am going to be an NFL corner!"

Change is good!  

BrentMc11

#12 JoKeR

JoKeR

And here...we.. GO...

• 6750 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 02:09 PM

I thought the same thing. It is hard enough to teach routes to good college wide receivers, and good college defensive schemes to DBs. My guess is Grigs must see something in this speedster.

I guess that just makes one wish they had 'just a little more speed,' a little better arm......a little bit extra to make the pros.......I guess a :sigh: or :slaphead: is in order......... :) "Hey I am fast....I am going to be an NFL corner!"
Yeah I'd start slow with KR duties, hoping he can at least protect the football.

#13 Carlos Danger

Carlos Danger
  • 1145 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 01:03 PM

What *. did he play in the UFL?

#14 John Waylon

John Waylon
  • 3600 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 03:34 PM

This.

It sounds good, but being cut by the Cowboys isn't exactly encouraging...

The fact he doesn't have college experience worries me.
2012 mayan apocalypse survivor. We will rebuild.

#15 Smonroe

Smonroe
  • 7562 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 04:26 PM

This.

It sounds good, but being cut by the Cowboys isn't exactly encouraging...

The fact he doesn't have college experience worries me.

He only played STs in the UFL. if straight line speed is his only asset he won't do much in the NFL.

#16 John Waylon

John Waylon
  • 3600 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 04:51 PM

He only played STs in the UFL. if straight line speed is his only asset he won't do much in the NFL.

He was the ufl's best player and he only played ST?

I may not post for the next 3 months I'm laughing so hard...

2012 mayan apocalypse survivor. We will rebuild.

#17 Smonroe

Smonroe
  • 7562 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 08:25 PM

He was the ufl's best player and he only played ST?

I may not post for the next 3 months I'm laughing so hard...

He was their best player? No wonder no one got paid.

#18 pacolts56

pacolts56
  • 3109 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 09:08 PM

Wouldn't they have to thaw him out first? :scratch:

“With Andrew, the "it" factor is his knack for making people better.

He wants his teammates to have success, wants them to get the credit.

I’ve never seen anybody like him in that respect.”  – HS Coach Eliot Allen

#19 Steagles

Steagles

Matt Overton and I!

• 886 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 09:17 PM

He played as a corner, but didn't start.

Currently a Louisville Cardinal. Greenfield-Central Cougar (Class of 2014) forever. 

I am predicting 11-5 this year for the Colts. 

#20 Esquire59

Esquire59
  • 182 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 10:35 PM

Throw Giordano in there.  He's wicked fast. 

#21 Carlos Danger

Carlos Danger
  • 1145 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 03:18 AM

He played as a corner, but didn't start.

then why does the OP write that the UFA officials say that he was the best player in their league? hmmmm...

#22 atapcl

atapcl
  • 1370 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 04:13 AM

He also played cb in the UFL.

#23 atapcl

atapcl
  • 1370 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 04:30 AM

http://www.profootba...unlikely-pathHe played as a corner, but didn't start.

#24 TKnight24

TKnight24
  • 11990 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 09:24 AM

Pagano could morph him into a Good CB. He's already fast. Just work on his Coverage & Ball Skills and we got ourselves a CB

#25 Smonroe

Smonroe
  • 7562 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 09:35 AM

Pagano could morph him into a Good CB. He's already fast. Just work on his Coverage & Ball Skills and we got ourselves a CB

It's a skill position. Sure, speed helps but it's a small part of the position. It's like saying every big guy (Link) could play LT if they could just develop foot work and technique.

I don't know if Williams can turn his hips or track a WR. Not to mention tackle. If he can work out as a KR or gunner, that's a plus.

#26 TKnight24

TKnight24
  • 11990 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 10:18 AM

It's a skill position. Sure, speed helps but it's a small part of the position. It's like saying every big guy (Link) could play LT if they could just develop foot work and technique.

I don't know if Williams can turn his hips or track a WR. Not to mention tackle. If he can work out as a KR or gunner, that's a plus.

We have to at least give him a chance at it. If it doesn't work out then sure put him at KR that'll give TY Hilton more time to rest. Use Teddy & Deji Karim as KR/PR

#27 Smonroe

Smonroe
  • 7562 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 10:46 AM

We have to at least give him a chance at it. If it doesn't work out then sure put him at KR that'll give TY Hilton more time to rest. Use Teddy & Deji Karim as KR/PR

Don't you think he's getting reps at practice, and if the coaches think he can play that they'd put him in?

Remember, he couldn't start in the UFL. If he really has potential I hope they keep him on the team and work with him in the offseason.

I wonder if he's one of those "fast twitch" guys, very fast but also very prone to injury?

COLTS TICKETS!

Single Game Tickets Available!

BUY THEM TODAY!
Join the Stampede!

Recent Status Updates

View All Updates