Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GoodLuck

I give up making excuses for Luck's INTS

433 posts in this topic

Some of them are just horrible. Forget RG3, Mark Sanchez and Tebow would make better decisions. Hopefully he improves next yr.

1 person likes this

You have to realize RG3 is about short routes and limited reads

Luck has one of the most difficult playbooks

1 person likes this

Some of his picks - like both of today's - have been dreadful. Inexcusable. He needs to get better on the road.

He is a rookie.. Peyton had a ton his rookie year.. Relax

3 people like this

I'm a big Luck fan/supporter and I don't know how many times I've used the term "rookie mistake", but some of these INTs are inexcusable.

He's starting to look like a gunslinger.

1 person likes this

Sanchez? As in the same guy with 3 INTs today?

I agree though, Luck's main strength was supposed to be his mental game. He does need more time, but think more Luck!

1 person likes this

Thanks for saving me time. Oh, and he had time on his 2nd int. Hey, Someone get the stats on how many of ints came on managable downs, I WANT LUCK TO SUCCEDE, but he needs to start getting his (you know what) chewed out by Arians

He is a rookie.. Peyton had a ton his rookie year.. Relax

Get over the comparison. Who cares what happened 14 yrs ago

Have you seen the playbooks. You don't know what either team is running?

i know some of these ints are bad but cant expect him to be great in his first season i know hes a rookie and its not an excuse but alot of rookies throw ints especially they would in this system but will learn and get better hpefully

Well at least we are a fan base who aren't prisoners of the moments.

Luck ignores a lot of crossing routes underneath, from what I see. Hopefully he gets over that habit pretty soon. Otherwise, his INTs will not go down, even when protected.

2 people like this

Sanchez? Tebow? Really? Man delete this thread..

Yeah, the 1st ammendment is nothing. Just delete a post because you disagree. What a joke!

Luck is definitely having a bad day. Some of his throws have been terrible to say the least. I hope he can get it together after halftime because this is going to get ugly if he doesn't.

1 person likes this

just saying i dont like bruce arians as a coordinator.. alll this deep % is just bologna!!!! i wish we had a west coast offensive coordinator because andew thrived in that offense at stanford

1 person likes this

yeah keep telling yourself this and in the mean time you might actually try watching a few Redskins games.

Luck ignores a lot of crossing routes underneath, from what I see. Hopefully he gets over that habit pretty soon. Otherwise, his INTs will not go down, even when protected.

He's being coddled. Time to bring the hickory out!

I think some of us Colts fans are not used to such inconsistencies from the QB position.

Peyton? You always knew what you were getting from him.

Relax guys. It'll get better.

I think some of us Colts fans are not used to such inconsistencies from the QB position.

umm no i will not relax

He'll get it right. We're lucky we aren't 2-10 right now. Luck is a great deal the reason why we are winning.

1 person likes this

doesnt really help when got no run game either

Throwing it up for grabs is not because of no running game. He needs to find the outlet receiver or tuck and run.
1 person likes this

umm no i will not relax

Lol your prerogative.

It was general advice. Not an order.

lmao

1 person likes this

yeah keep telling yourself this and in the mean time you might actually try watching a few Redskins games.

i agree the throws it deep but hes got a great run game that helps him so much which is so much easier the colts have no run game at all

lol exactly

Thats not entirely true. Manning threw a ton of interceptions his rookie yr. and had many a game that he threw several. I think the problem is that people are expecting miracles from a rookie and it's just not gonna happen.

3 people like this

Get over the comparison. Who cares what happened 14 yrs ago

The point is rookies make mistakes.. Even the greatest of all time had a rough rookie year... But i guess over reacting is the better way to go.. Carry on

4 people like this

He'll get it right. We're lucky we aren't 2-10 right now. Luck is a great deal the reason why we are winning.

I dont believe you. haha but really, I don't

Throwing it up for grabs is not because of no running game. He needs to find the outlet receiver or tuck and run.

i agree i just sayin everyone knows we have to pass cause i run game is completey % its been ok sometimes but nohting in this game but he should jus throw it away if no one open
1 person likes this

Let's hope he gets it right.

i agree the throws it deep but hes got a great run game that helps him so much which is so much easier the colts have no run game at all

Once again, His poor throws have NOTHING to do with no rushing, but the wrong reads

True dat. Tom Brady made a living out of passes within 20 yards. In his 2007 year, 75% of his passes were under 20 yards and I bet two-thirds of his passes this year are under 20 yards as well. No wonder he protects the ball so well. RG3's low INTs is a combo factor of his pass attempt yardage and running game that folks have to respect. But when he has to throw deep off play action, play action has to be respected and he does throw a very good deep ball, in fact a better one than Luck, IMO.

Arians should call more plays underneath and chew Luck up if he does not take the underneath stuff when it is there.

2 people like this

Thats not entirely true. Manning threw a ton a interceptions his rookie yr. and had many a game that he threw several. I think the problem is that people are expecting miracles from a rookie and it's just not gonna happen.

Absolutely agreed.

I just get the impression, and it's possibly incorrect, that people just expect Andrew to touch the ball and instantly make things happen every time. He's not Vet Peyton Manning. He's rookie Andrew Luck. Give it time.

1 person likes this